Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: DFW / Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs & oneworld Lounges (Master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: DFW / Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs & oneworld Lounges (Master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2010, 8:39 pm

I'll be passing thru DFW on 2 Jan returning from HNL on AA102 and connecting to AA710 to LGA. Travelling with wife and two grown sons, on award or upgraded F tickets.

Couldn't get AA708, so two hours to kill (7:15 a to 9:15 a).

Which AC or ACs to visit? Are the showers in A still the best? Is the D lounge still shiny and new, and the views really so much better? B is closed until 8, seems to be dingier anyway. C has the largest Executive Center, better drink selection? Thanks for any recommendations.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 9:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Admirals Club, IHG Platinum Elite, HH Silver
Originally Posted by GaryD
I'll be passing thru DFW on 2 Jan returning from HNL on AA102 and connecting to AA710 to LGA. Travelling with wife and two grown sons, on award or upgraded F tickets.

Couldn't get AA708, so two hours to kill (7:15 a to 9:15 a).

Which AC or ACs to visit? Are the showers in A still the best? Is the D lounge still shiny and new, and the views really so much better? B is closed until 8, seems to be dingier anyway. C has the largest Executive Center, better drink selection? Thanks for any recommendations.
I am based out of DFW and I would say D lounge is the best followed by C. I dont like the work stations - booth set up in A. I am an AC member
Old Nov 26, 2010, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
For showers, A is best. Drink selection? At 7 A.M.? For real?
Old Nov 26, 2010, 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by gemac
Drink selection? At 7 A.M.? For real?
What?

Sunday. Off the redeye.

Maybe not so much in Texas though.

(8ish btw )
Old Nov 27, 2010, 7:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
I realize 2 hours seems like a long time, but in reality wouldn't it likely make the most sense to simply utilize the AC in the terminal from which your flight to LGA will be departing?

I mean we aren't talkin' BA Galleries lounges here, we're talking DFW AAdmiral's clubs; I'm not sure any of them rank as "must see."

Regards
Old Nov 27, 2010, 8:38 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
What?

Sunday. Off the redeye.

Maybe not so much in Texas though.

(8ish btw )
Not till 10 on a Sundays and you'll need to also get a snack.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 1:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP, 2MM+, Lifetime PLT, Admirals Club
Originally Posted by scubadu
I realize 2 hours seems like a long time, but in reality wouldn't it likely make the most sense to simply utilize the AC in the terminal from which your flight to LGA will be departing?

I mean we aren't talkin' BA Galleries lounges here, we're talking DFW AAdmiral's clubs; I'm not sure any of them rank as "must see."

Regards
+1
Old Dec 23, 2010, 9:42 am

Programs: AA EXP
Admirals Club DFW Terminal D currently open?

I'm on a flight to DFW where I will have 3 hours layover before my connection to FRA.

AA's website only lists 3 Admirals Club locations at DFW — none at Terminal D — even though the summary still talks about 4 locations. Various Google results also show a location at terminal D.

Does anybody know if the club at terminal D is currently open, and if not, which is the closest location to Gate D24?

Thanks.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 9:47 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by cosmic_kid

AA's website only lists 3 Admirals Club locations at DFW — none at Terminal D — even though the summary still talks about 4 locations.
Perhaps we're looking at different websites? The AA Admirals Club lounge locations page is definitely still showing 4 clubs at DFW, including one at D.

http://www.aa.com/i18nForward.do?p=/...ations.jsp#DFW

(Remember to scroll down to see the fourth one. )

Conveniently for you, the club is right between D23 and D24. Enjoy your flight!

(PS: Your thread has also been merged with the master "DFW Admirals Club" thread so that we can streamline discussion. Thanks! /Moderator)

Last edited by JY1024; Dec 23, 2010 at 9:54 am Reason: Add mod note
Old Dec 23, 2010, 10:15 am

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, Priority Club Plat since 1984
I'm there about 6 times a month.

There are 4.

D is the newest. While personal preference, I like B because it is out of the way, down by gate B1, very quiet, and seems to never be full. As the train can et you anywhere in 10 minutes or less, I often choose here when every place else is packed.

The D23 club is open, was in it on Friday. There is a convenience store very close, and the lounge itself is almost always filled. I do have a less frequented spot there, that interestingly not everyone knows about. Go down to the bar. After the bar are rest rooms, but if you continue further, there is a small waiting room around the corner. TV has a central volume control on the wall as you enter on the right, and once off, it is a cozy place that not many seem to find.

As to the lounge, it is pretty big. Opposite the bar is a bank of computers, and against the far wall a series of barker lounge like chairs in a row againstthe back wall.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 12:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by JY1024
(Remember to scroll down to see the fourth one. )
Oops, didn't realize that this was just one big list as the scrollbars were obscured on the iPad.

Thanks for the reply.

Also, got to love any airport terminal which has a Popeyes.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 10:49 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Showers?

From my reading is it correct to assume that only A and D have showers?
Thanks
Old Jan 27, 2011, 10:57 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by pkerr
From my reading is it correct to assume that only A and D have showers?
Thanks
Straight from the Admirals Club website: http://www.aa.com/i18nForward.do?p=/...cale=en_US#DFW

All DFW clubs have showers.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 11:05 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by JY1024
Straight from the Admirals Club website: http://www.aa.com/i18nForward.do?p=/...cale=en_US#DFW

All DFW clubs have showers.
Doh!!!
I totally "missed" the little icons.
Thanks
Old Mar 3, 2011, 10:54 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
what kinds of complimentary snacks and beverages are offered at these clubs?

i realize well drinks, but what kinds of beer? just trying to get an idea of the different options i might have. does each terminal's club have different selections?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.