Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2018 AA Premium Economy / PE / PEY on widebody a/c in progress

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2018 AA Premium Economy / PE / PEY on widebody a/c in progress

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2018, 8:20 pm

Programs: AA PPRO
I am on a 77W from MIA to LHR tomorrow in the unofficial PE. I know this question has been asked before, but as it stands now will service be any better than economy?
Old May 21, 2018, 7:15 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by Les Anderson
I am on a 77W from MIA to LHR tomorrow in the unofficial PE. I know this question has been asked before, but as it stands now will service be any better than economy?
You tell us...
Old May 21, 2018, 9:26 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
Soft product, it's just like any other coach seat. Hard product, well, you get a domestic first class style seat for free.

Enjoy the free bonus. It won't last for long.
Old May 21, 2018, 11:54 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by matrixwalker2012
Soft product, it's just like any other coach seat. Hard product, well, you get a domestic first class style seat for free.

Enjoy the free bonus. It won't last for long.
Given that they completed the flight yesterday, perhaps we can hear back from the horses mouth
Old May 21, 2018, 12:09 pm

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Originally Posted by matrixwalker2012
Soft product, it's just like any other coach seat.
Is that going to be different going forward (i.e., for PE seats that are sold as such)? I bought PE for a trip in a couple of months, and on the confirmation page it showed me a link for pre-ordering a meal. The link wasn't active because the flight is still 30+ days in the future, but I was pleasantly surprised.
Old May 21, 2018, 12:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by snic
Is that going to be different going forward (i.e., for PE seats that are sold as such)? I bought PE for a trip in a couple of months, and on the confirmation page it showed me a link for pre-ordering a meal. The link wasn't active because the flight is still 30+ days in the future, but I was pleasantly surprised.
On routes where PE, as a separate class of service, is already offered, in addition to the larger seat with more pitch, you get better F&B, better bedding, a small amenity kit and noise reducing headphones.. all an improvement to what you get in coach. Eventually all flights that have PE seats will offer the upgraded services outlined earlier. They just need to make sure the complete fleet of the type of plane used on a particular route is converted to offer the PE seats, then they can sell and offer the included services.
Old May 22, 2018, 10:46 am

N717AN heading back to DFW today.

Looks like she will go to GRU tonight as AA963.

N734AR - the last of the 20 77W's without PE - will leave for KPAE tomorrow morning (23 May) after completing AA79 from LHR today.

Thus, as of 23 May, there will be no 77W's flying without PE. Well done, AA.
Old May 22, 2018, 11:41 am

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Gold, Mariott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
Going to go to NRT in March next year. AA 61/175 listed as 772 with PE.

with 4 people does it make sense to take 2 bulkhead rows (left and right 2) or take bulkhead and row behind it. I haven't seen any real difference in reviews of the rows being significantly different.
Old May 22, 2018, 11:53 am

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Originally Posted by vatali
Going to go to NRT in March next year. AA 61/175 listed as 772 with PE.

with 4 people does it make sense to take 2 bulkhead rows (left and right 2) or take bulkhead and row behind it. I haven't seen any real difference in reviews of the rows being significantly different.
I'd take 2 bulkhead and 2 behind, then let everyone try out each seat. Most likely, some will prefer bulkhead and others will prefer non-bulkhead. If you're lucky, it will be 2 and 2!
Old May 25, 2018, 6:40 am

Programs: DL - DM, Charter KM; Marriott Ambassador
Flying DFW-PEK in a few months. Was originally booking PEY for $1200 but J is available if I route through SAN for $2500, including positioning. Having never flown PEY before, is the price difference worth the upgrade to J? Using a $1000 voucher so really only $200 vs $1500 - still net $1300 more.
Old May 25, 2018, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by MichaelKade
Flying DFW-PEK in a few months. Was originally booking PEY for $1200 but J is available if I route through SAN for $2500, including positioning. Having never flown PEY before, is the price difference worth the upgrade to J? Using a $1000 voucher so really only $200 vs $1500 - still net $1300 more.
On 2, 14-ish hour flights? To me, overwhelmingly yes.
Old May 25, 2018, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by econometrics
On 2, 14-ish hour flights? To me, overwhelmingly yes.
Agreed. For that long of flights? I’d take that all day and twice on Sunday.
Old May 25, 2018, 10:43 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
#Lee Anderson

How was it?
Old May 25, 2018, 10:47 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by MichaelKade
It would certainly be my preference to do so, but you may have different preferences and price points than I do. Then again, prior to age 60, we often did Economy on Australia flights even.
Old May 25, 2018, 4:58 pm

Programs: AA PPRO
Originally Posted by JDiver
#Lee Anderson

How was it?
I paid for my 2 Woodford Reserves if that tells you anything. No preflight Bev, no amentities kit. Nothing other than what is admittedly a fairly comfortable seat. Same food and beverage service.

​​​

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.