Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2018 AA Premium Economy / PE / PEY on widebody a/c in progress

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2018 AA Premium Economy / PE / PEY on widebody a/c in progress

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2018, 1:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Update on the W (PE) conversion...

N736AT flew to PAE from LAX on 31 March. N722AN flew to PAE from TUL on 1 April.

N723AN & N728AN are back in service. 8 77W's left to be refitted.

Still no further movement on the 12 remaining 45J 772's.

Wiki updated.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 12:37 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by econometrics
Update on the W (PE) conversion...

N736AT flew to PAE from LAX on 31 March. N722AN flew to PAE from TUL on 1 April.
Both recently completed retrofitting this weekend... N731AN went up to PAE yesterday. Not sure if another 77W will head up in the next few days.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 2:35 pm

lax - pek

i just book a flight from LAX to PEK with Premium Economy, will like to see some pic about it, also want to know more about meal, cause the flight are 10am - 2pm, what they will include, thank you all
Old Apr 9, 2018, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by golfingboy
Both recently completed retrofitting this weekend... N731AN went up to PAE yesterday. Not sure if another 77W will head up in the next few days.
^ N730AN heading to PAE today.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 12:50 pm

Which bathroom does PE use? The one directly in front of PE or rear?
Old Apr 10, 2018, 1:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG / Marriott GLD, HHonors GLD
Originally Posted by Global321
Which bathroom does PE use? The one directly in front of PE or rear?
In the 789, they use the lavs between business and PE (that curtain was left open during my NRT-LAX flight). I think it might differ by aircraft though
Old Apr 11, 2018, 5:28 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by birddogmax

I’m wondering about this as well. Just booked PHL > FRA in May and the outbound is a 332. I went ahead and selected a bulkhead seat but I couldn’t really tell from the videos I’ve seen how much actual space there is compared to the other seats. I’m rather tall and 10 hours of my big feet pressed up against the bulkhead doesn’t sound very appealing (not that stuffing them under the seat in front of me is a much better option, I suppose).
I received EXP comp upgrade (online ck in) cdg-clt a few days ago and selected bulkhead for leg rests. I won't do that again. Leg rests provide little support and even at 5.75 height legs could not fully extend. Other than that seat was comfortable. PE lunch of quinoa, kale & beet salad bizzare & not a hit for me. Seatmate paid 300 for upgrade from Y
Old Apr 13, 2018, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by lds89
In the 789, they use the lavs between business and PE (that curtain was left open during my NRT-LAX flight). I think it might differ by aircraft though
Yes, only on 789's does PE use the J lavs.

772/77W PE uses Y cabin lavs.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 2:21 pm

N731AN flying back to DFW tonight to re-enter service with a PE cabin.

N729AN taking her place, flying to PAE tomorrow AM.

Only 5 77W's left without PE.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 8:14 am

Programs: AAdvantage, BAEC Blue, CX GR
I'd like to thank econometrics on the PE retrofit info. The wealth of knowledge here and in Flyertalk in general still staggers me. :O

So, I found myself in an interesting situation:

I helped my other half book a HKG-ATL roundtrip on AA, departing 15th June and returning 20th June. International segments would be AA126 and AA125 (HKG-DFW and vice versa) and, on seeing PE selling for roughly HK$10k incl. taxes and fees, she agreed to go for it. I did think at the time the price seemed a little bit low for a PE flight, and selling prices for Main Cabin were on the whole lower than for Premium Economy.

We reserved the ticket - which is currently not yet paid for - get the itinerary confirmation from AA which states the fare type as Premium Economy, receive the Record Locator, went into My Trips on AA'b website, and checked the status of our reservation there. Lo and behold, all 4 segments said Economy.

Reading upthread, it seems like the retrofit on the all 77Ws should be done by end of June - which is just before the my other half's trip. So, what would be your advice? Do we go ahead and pay on the premise it would be PE? Should we cancel the ticket (currently still within 24h of the reservation)? Or should we speak with AA reservations office to ask about the Y/PE discrepancy between the booking receipt and the reservation? Or, has anyone had a similar experience when booking through AA's website?

Much appreciated for your help.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 9:39 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by LopsidedBunny21
I'd like to thank econometrics on the PE retrofit info. The wealth of knowledge here and in Flyertalk in general still staggers me. :O

So, I found myself in an interesting situation:

I helped my other half book a HKG-ATL roundtrip on AA, departing 15th June and returning 20th June. International segments would be AA126 and AA125 (HKG-DFW and vice versa) and, on seeing PE selling for roughly HK$10k incl. taxes and fees, she agreed to go for it. I did think at the time the price seemed a little bit low for a PE flight, and selling prices for Main Cabin were on the whole lower than for Premium Economy.

We reserved the ticket - which is currently not yet paid for - get the itinerary confirmation from AA which states the fare type as Premium Economy, receive the Record Locator, went into My Trips on AA'b website, and checked the status of our reservation there. Lo and behold, all 4 segments said Economy.

Reading upthread, it seems like the retrofit on the all 77Ws should be done by end of June - which is just before the my other half's trip. So, what would be your advice? Do we go ahead and pay on the premise it would be PE? Should we cancel the ticket (currently still within 24h of the reservation)? Or should we speak with AA reservations office to ask about the Y/PE discrepancy between the booking receipt and the reservation? Or, has anyone had a similar experience when booking through AA's website?

Much appreciated for your help.
What fare class is the booking into? That should answer your question.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 9:57 pm

Late fall trip BCN to JFK

Hello,

Had a question (and I guess an update for everyone). I am booked on a late October flight from BCN to JFK coming back from our honeymoon on a 772-777 flight. Well I booked Premium Economy a few months back for this trip. Just noticed they now have remove PE from this flight and bumped my seats to Main Cabin Extra. I thought all PE would be done by Q3 this year? Is this delayed? Also what are my options at this point when I call ? As of right now they put us in a 3 across row and left the seat open in the middle...clearly not ideal when someone books the middle seat. Any chance it will switch back to PE at some point?
Thanks in advance for the help and to all who post on this great forum.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 12:30 am

Programs: AAdvantage, BAEC Blue, CX GR
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
What fare class is the booking into? That should answer your question.
Turns out it was fare code G, and a call to AA reservations office in HKG confirmed it. Reservation's now cancelled.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 6:24 am

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Originally Posted by BIGCubsFan
Hello,

Had a question (and I guess an update for everyone). I am booked on a late October flight from BCN to JFK coming back from our honeymoon on a 772-777 flight. Well I booked Premium Economy a few months back for this trip. Just noticed they now have remove PE from this flight and bumped my seats to Main Cabin Extra. I thought all PE would be done by Q3 this year? Is this delayed? Also what are my options at this point when I call ? As of right now they put us in a 3 across row and left the seat open in the middle...clearly not ideal when someone books the middle seat. Any chance it will switch back to PE at some point?
Thanks in advance for the help and to all who post on this great forum.
Originally Posted by FlyerWx
Thanks for the link! I noticed it says the following:
American's reconfiguration of its 777 planes will be completed in December.
December?! This is definitely a significant extension to AA's initially released refit schedule.
Well it looks like this quote from a CNBC article is true, because the first PE equipped flight to operate JFK-BCN is in late December.

If you want to, I would definitely ask for a refund in fare due to the downgrade . However, I wouldn't be surprised if the "upgrade" to MCE would cost a similar amount as the upfare to PE.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 7:31 am

I’m sure it was discussed a month ago, but I wonder how much the 45->37 conversion in J is hindering the process. Maybe they’re ditching the zodiacs? If it were just removal, and the PE portion takes only 6 days, December is a long time. Summer busy season, maybe, but I would have thought they would still be able to cover with 2 in the shop at a time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.