Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Barclaycard Aviator Red no EQD, Silver $3k EQD Only as of 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 23, 2018, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
AA Barclays Aviator Red will no longer offer the ability to earn EQDs.

AA Barclays Aviator Silver now will only allow earning $3,000 EQD offset by reaching $50,000 spend.

All AAdvantage Aviator Red and Silver Mastercard holders were sent out this notification on October 22, 2018 and will typically arrive within 7 to 10 business days. - Barclaycard
https://onemileatatime.com/american-...fying-dollars/

That article says, in part

For 2019 the benefit is being eliminated entirely except for Aviator Silver cardholders who will 3000 elite qualifying dollars after $50,000 spend (instead of earning 6000).

Anyone who signed up for an Aviator Red Mastercard, or upgraded to an Aviator Silver, between January 1 and October 31, 2018 will keep the pre-existing elite qualifying dollars benefit for 2019, and their benefit will change January 1, 2020.

BUT DocD called on 23 Oct to upgrade the Red to Silver and Barclaycard would not do so “because of the upcoming program changes”.
This policy has been verified elsewhere.
Dear 355F1:

Thank you for contacting us regarding your AAdvantage Aviator Silver World Elite Mastercard. We can certainly address your inquiry regarding the benefit change on your account.

Your AAdvantage Aviator Silver World Elite Mastercard will earn $3,000 EQDs at $50,000 spend on purchases starting January 1, 2019. This benefit will then apply for all years moving forward until any additional changes are made to the benefits structure. If benefits are changed in the future, Cardmembers will be sent out a letter informing them of the change. All AAdvantage Aviator Red and Silver Mastercard holders were sent out this notification on October 22, 2018 and will typically arrive within 7 to 10 business days.

We hope you find this information helpful, and we thank you for your continued business. If you have any other questions or concerns, please reply to this message.

Sincerely,

Customer Care
Member enpremiere posts
Originally Posted by enpremiere
Good news for folks with the Barclay’s AA business card, it seems to have survived this round of EQD benefit cuts and will continue to award 3K EQD for $25K spend!
Print Wikipost

Barclaycard Aviator Red no EQD, Silver $3k EQD Only as of 2019

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2019, 7:57 am

Programs: UA MM Gold, AA Ex Plat, SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by GNRMatt
The threshold for most accounts is $50K for the 3,000 EQD (it was changed this year). There are some exceptions though. You should check to see what your threshold is for the reward.
Since I had the Red card for some time it’s $25k/$3000 EQD . This is the last year thou and no goes away
it even has the progress circle thing with how much to spend etc to reach my goal on Barclay’s app
Old Dec 26, 2019, 8:11 am

Programs: US CP, UA *G; SPG Plat, Hilton Gold; Natl Exec, Hertz PC
Assuming you are eligible for the EQDs, they post around the 10th of the month. This really should be stickied somewhere as it is asked a lot.
nall likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 11:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Originally Posted by Bartonio
Applied for and received a Barclay’s AA Aviator card via FedEx the next day. Card does not have a CVV anywhere on it, just my AA FF account number where CVV should be - thus can not activate? Anyone else seen this? Could they really be that incompetent? Photos on demand. Have called and asked for a new card. Fully expecting a rinse and repeat result.
I got a new one this month with full cvv as expected.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 4:05 pm

Programs: UA MM *G, AA EXP, OW Emerald, Hyatt Globalist, Gold everywhere else
Originally Posted by checkerboard
Well - I called AAdvantage Customer Service, and they told me it was just some sort of computer glitch, that they'd send off a report to their IT Dept, and that I should expect the EQD to post correctly within a few days.

Phew!
Did the second 3k EQD ever post? Or was the IT "glitch" the system catching the double-dip?
Old Jun 22, 2020, 3:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP/1mm, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, UA Silver
Does anyone have experience with them contacting AA and pulling back eqds that have already hit accounts? I hit the $50k in spend but have about $8k in covid refunds being credited back and curious to see if they go through the effort of having AA revoke
Old Jun 23, 2020, 7:29 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by uscjeff
Does anyone have experience with them contacting AA and pulling back eqds that have already hit accounts? I hit the $50k in spend but have about $8k in covid refunds being credited back and curious to see if they go through the effort of having AA revoke
I think you will be okay. Similar situation. I crossed the threshold got the bonus then several large credits posted and I fell below the threshold. Then I finally passed the threshold again and the date indicator was the original one.
Old Nov 30, 2020, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by dickinson
I have hit both thresholds so will know soon.
Ok, so here's a current update as of today. I just spoke with a supervisor at Barclay Silver because I never received 3k EQD's for my Barclay Silver and 3k EQD's for my Barclay Business as I was expecting.

Here was my sequence: I hit both thresholds this year. First earning Barclay Business AVIATOR $25K EQD MILESTONE which posted the 3k in March. In April I hit the milestone on my Barclay Silver but never received the points. I was told today that I will not be receiving the 3k EQD from my Silver card because the silver card has this fine print: "The primary cardmember may earn the maximum $3,000 EQDs once per calendar year, unless the cardmember has already earned the maximum number of EQDs through other Card Accounts and AAdvantage® co-branded credit cards."

I am not aware of the Business card having this condition. Does anybody know if earning the silver 3k EQD's first continues to be a workaround to get 3k EQD's from both products?
Old Nov 30, 2020, 11:33 am

Programs: AA EP
Last I heard there is a max $3k eqds no matter how or on whzjhbcard you earn it on. Keep in mind that this should be the first year that there was no grandfathered $6k earnings.

also. I think the silver card has it in its T’a and c’s that it is $3k max. I know that 3k max has been the intent for 2020

Originally Posted by scottymagouf
Ok, so here's a current update as of today. I just spoke with a supervisor at Barclay Silver because I never received 3k EQD's for my Barclay Silver and 3k EQD's for my Barclay Business as I was expecting.

Here was my sequence: I hit both thresholds this year. First earning Barclay Business AVIATOR $25K EQD MILESTONE which posted the 3k in March. In April I hit the milestone on my Barclay Silver but never received the points. I was told today that I will not be receiving the 3k EQD from my Silver card because the silver card has this fine print: "The primary cardmember may earn the maximum $3,000 EQDs once per calendar year, unless the cardmember has already earned the maximum number of EQDs through other Card Accounts and AAdvantage® co-branded credit cards."

I am not aware of the Business card having this condition. Does anybody know if earning the silver 3k EQD's first continues to be a workaround to get 3k EQD's from both products?
Old Nov 30, 2020, 11:38 am

Yes, the silver card has in it's T+C's that it is $3k max but if the Business card doesn't have this condition, can getting Silver first be a workaround? Has anybody received both for 2020?
Old Nov 30, 2020, 4:52 pm

Programs: AA EP
3k is the max.

Originally Posted by scottymagouf
Yes, the silver card has in it's T+C's that it is $3k max but if the Business card doesn't have this condition, can getting Silver first be a workaround? Has anybody received both for 2020?
Old Dec 1, 2020, 5:41 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Are the Aviator EQDs still posting around the 10th of the month?

-FlyerBeek
Old Dec 1, 2020, 11:34 am

Programs: AA: Exec Plat; AC: 75K; JX: Explorer; HH: Dia; Bonvoy: Gold; Wyndham: Dia
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Are the Aviator EQDs still posting around the 10th of the month?

-FlyerBeek
All of mine hit around that day this year. What is not clear is the snapshot date and when that gets sent to AA. I hit one of the milestones a few days before the tenth one month and it didn't get recognized by AA until the tenth of the following month.
FlyerBeek likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 2:25 pm

Programs: American Airlines
Has anyone had the experience recently of upgrading from Red to Silver?

I upgraded to Silver yesterday beginning on my new statement date which is today. I have over $50 k of spending for the year on Red and they explained this would transfer to the new card so I could earn the $3k EQD.

I am curious how long this will take to register in my AA account since I need this in order to make the spending requirement for PPro EQD by the end of the year. If anyone has been in a similar year end situation I’d appreciate any info you have, especially if I need to ensure the spending is credited before 12/31.

Thank you!
Old Dec 16, 2020, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA: Exec Plat; AC: 75K; JX: Explorer; HH: Dia; Bonvoy: Gold; Wyndham: Dia
Originally Posted by Tbooth3
Has anyone had the experience recently of upgrading from Red to Silver?

I upgraded to Silver yesterday beginning on my new statement date which is today. I have over $50 k of spending for the year on Red and they explained this would transfer to the new card so I could earn the $3k EQD.

I am curious how long this will take to register in my AA account since I need this in order to make the spending requirement for PPro EQD by the end of the year. If anyone has been in a similar year end situation I’d appreciate any info you have, especially if I need to ensure the spending is credited before 12/31.

Thank you!
Chances are, you won’t see it on your AAdvantage account until 1/10/21. You should see it on your Barclays card Rewards/View rewards activity tracker a day or two after you convert. Barclays sends EQM and EQD qualifiers to AA on just the one day each month.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 3:53 pm

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by ramcm7
Chances are, you won’t see it on your AAdvantage account until 1/10/21. You should see it on your Barclays card Rewards/View rewards activity tracker a day or two after you convert. Barclays sends EQM and EQD qualifiers to AA on just the one day each month.
Thank you for the quick reply and info. In your experience does AA Advantage know to make that retroactive to the EQD for last year? Thought I had no chance at PPro but now that I do want to make sure I get it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.