Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals Club rates increased, new restrictions: 1 Nov 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 19, 2019, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Admirals Club access rules for members changed, membership costs increased 1 November 2019.

Changes to membership link to this page on aa.com

Access changes

Starting November 1, 2019

Boarding passes for same-day travel on American Airlines or partner airlines are required for entry.1

1 Any departing or arriving flight: marketed or operated by American Airlines, marketed and operated by any oneworld® partner carrier, or marketed and operated by Alaska Airlines
This is true regardless of membership type, excluding lifetime members. Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ Mastercard® Authorized Users must fulfill the same requirements. (Lifetime Admirals Club members may access Admirals Clubs even if they’re flying non-AA partners, e.g. Southwest, United.)

Declared Business Purposes or rental of a conference facility without a same day boarding pass will not suffice to allow access.

As far as we know, authorized guests accompanying a member do not have to present a same day boarding pass.

No discount is available for a household membership, which will cost $600 regardless of the sponsoring guest’s AAdvantage status.

One Day Passes are available at $59 per person, available for purchase at all Clubs except those where Club refurbishment or construction is going on (currently, ORD and PHL). One Day Passes are not available online.
Print Wikipost

Admirals Club rates increased, new restrictions: 1 Nov 2019

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2019, 9:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by CMK10
Following up on my earlier post. RDU took just my Executive CC and my BP. PHX B AC later today wanted first the card, then my BP, then my ID. I have to say it would be pretty impressive if I somehow stole a credit card AND that person's mobile BP
I've not used an AC since these new rules came into effect but in the past I have always just handed my mobile BP, get scanned and thats it. I have AC access via the Exec CC but have never been asked to show that, much less and ID. I had kind of assumed that when traveling on an AA flight, with an AA mobile BP and having AC membership that nothing would really change with these new rules, is that not the case and we will need to have all these things with us? I often don't travel with my Citi card since I only use it when booking AA flights so it sits in a drawer and is saved on my profile and will be most displeased if not having the physical card will be a issue going forward.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 11:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Out of curiosity, when the principal membership holder dies, will the spouse get to keep enjoying the perks?
I think that was the point of buying the "with spouse" pass, as it was noted by the poster who also indicated "My dad was older"
In any case, is there an obligation to tell AA when your spouse dies?
Old Nov 3, 2019, 12:12 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Amb Elite & LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
DFW yesterday, BP rule in full effect. Checkin person said only need BP now.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 4:10 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
What about that lounge mobile entry feature? I use it at LUS airports like DCA that don’t have separate podiums for travel assistance. It is (still!) common for all lounge entry staff to be busy helping others with travel plans causing new arrivals to wait just to get into the lounge. That feature only seems to work if the AA app thinks you have a trip so I am hoping it counts as presenting a BP?
Old Nov 3, 2019, 6:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, NK $9 fare club
Originally Posted by deac83
DFW yesterday, BP rule in full effect. Checkin person said only need BP now.
This is what I use. They took a picture of me at DFW a while ago, I assume it's pulled up when they scan me in.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 6:39 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by Spanish
This is what I use. They took a picture of me at DFW a while ago, I assume it's pulled up when they scan me in.
Same here except at ORD....my pic pops up now when I check in anywhere.
Spanish likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 7:31 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by mvoight
I think that was the point of buying the "with spouse" pass, as it was noted by the poster who also indicated "My dad was older"
In any case, is there an obligation to tell AA when your spouse dies?
I wouldn't think there's any obligation unless you want to inherit the miles of the deceased account holder.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 7:32 am

Programs: IHG Platinum / HHonors Diamond / Hyatt Globalist / AA EX Platinum
Asked for my ID and BP at DFW. Offered to save a picture of ID for future entry. Later that day at CLT, asked for BP, and picture was in fact saved, so I doubt ID will be required from me in the future.
Often1, AANYC1981 and Spanish like this.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 11:50 am

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by jtc246
Asked for my ID and BP at DFW. Offered to save a picture of ID for future entry. Later that day at CLT, asked for BP, and picture was in fact saved, so I doubt ID will be required from me in the future.
Been using the stored picture for a few years, since AA wants 25 bucks to replace my USAirways Club card with the Dividend Miles number on it. The AAdvantage number is nicely scrawled in black marker.
jtc246 likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 1:00 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Checked in November 1. Was told she needed to see my Id and club card when I handed her my mobile boarding pass.

i said “no you don’t, you just need this”

she then said “oh” and proceeded to check me in. I’m sure my picture popped up immediately which is why she agreed. It must also show membership status.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 5:02 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
For what it is worth, I still have a couple Virgin America boarding passes left in my Apple Wallet.
I also US Airways boarding passes from 2014 still in mine and LATAM boarding passes from 2016. I just haven't bothered to delete them.
worldwidedreamer likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 6:58 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
I was asked for photo ID today. I though they had my picture on file. Not a big deal but I hate pulling out my ID so many times. Opportunity to lose it.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 12:03 pm

Programs: Bonvoy TE(LT), DL DM(Retired) 1MM, AA EXP
Originally Posted by tetudc
What about that lounge mobile entry feature? I use it at LUS airports like DCA that don’t have separate podiums for travel assistance. It is (still!) common for all lounge entry staff to be busy helping others with travel plans causing new arrivals to wait just to get into the lounge. That feature only seems to work if the AA app thinks you have a trip so I am hoping it counts as presenting a BP?
Mobile AC entry in the AA app is currently disabled.

And just for giggles, I checked in the CLT C/D club after my return flight Friday night just to confirm that an 'expired' and grayed out boarding pass would work. To my and the attendant's surprise it did!
tetudc likes this.

Last edited by HawkSE; Nov 5, 2019 at 12:31 pm
Old Nov 4, 2019, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Out of curiosity, when the principal membership holder dies, will the spouse get to keep enjoying the perks?
Yes, that was the case of "with spouse" at the time. It was a great deal for my Mother, who was younger (and not a "senior" at the time). Perhaps that was part of why the lifetime memberships were discontinued.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 2:51 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by formeraa
Yes, that was the case of "with spouse" at the time. It was a great deal for my Mother, who was younger (and not a "senior" at the time). Perhaps that was part of why the lifetime memberships were discontinued.
Interesting- I would've thought both the account holder and the spouse would've needed to be 65+ to qualify. Very lucrative for your parents!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.