Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals Club rates increased, new restrictions: 1 Nov 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 19, 2019, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Admirals Club access rules for members changed, membership costs increased 1 November 2019.

Changes to membership link to this page on aa.com

Access changes

Starting November 1, 2019

Boarding passes for same-day travel on American Airlines or partner airlines are required for entry.1

1 Any departing or arriving flight: marketed or operated by American Airlines, marketed and operated by any oneworld® partner carrier, or marketed and operated by Alaska Airlines
This is true regardless of membership type, excluding lifetime members. Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ Mastercard® Authorized Users must fulfill the same requirements. (Lifetime Admirals Club members may access Admirals Clubs even if they’re flying non-AA partners, e.g. Southwest, United.)

Declared Business Purposes or rental of a conference facility without a same day boarding pass will not suffice to allow access.

As far as we know, authorized guests accompanying a member do not have to present a same day boarding pass.

No discount is available for a household membership, which will cost $600 regardless of the sponsoring guest’s AAdvantage status.

One Day Passes are available at $59 per person, available for purchase at all Clubs except those where Club refurbishment or construction is going on (currently, ORD and PHL). One Day Passes are not available online.
Print Wikipost

Admirals Club rates increased, new restrictions: 1 Nov 2019

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2019, 7:43 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by Reetmafreen
Anyone ever noticed how long a BP hangs around in the app after departure?
For what it is worth, I still have a couple Virgin America boarding passes left in my Apple Wallet.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Hertz Precs Crcl
Lifetime members exempt from same-day

I recall it going back and forth about if lifetime members were going to be exempt from same-day AA/Partner flight requirements, and I don't recall the final decision (and didn't feel like re-reading 27 pages of posts), but for what its worth, I got an email today confirming that Lifetime members are exempt from the same-day AA/Partner flight access policy. Specifically stated our guests are also exempt. ^ (You still need to be flying on some airline and presumably have that boarding pass to enter.)
CMK10, teemuflyer and JohnVernon like this.

Last edited by Madison Guy; Oct 28, 2019 at 2:31 pm
Old Oct 28, 2019, 2:42 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Originally Posted by NoStressHere
My card does not come up for renewal until Feb - so I will wait until then to cancel. I see no reason to cancel now.

Is there?
I will cancel mine upon renewal. You never know when you might fly AA, and the card does reimburse you up to $100 for any charge of $85 or more for a Global Entry or TSA Pre application (it will not cover renewals, which are only $50).
Old Oct 29, 2019, 4:32 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by economyplusfan
I will cancel mine upon renewal. You never know when you might fly AA, and the card does reimburse you up to $100 for any charge of $85 or more for a Global Entry or TSA Pre application (it will not cover renewals, which are only $50).
I believe renewal fees are the same as signup fees. How have you managed to do it for $50?
Old Oct 29, 2019, 4:37 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum
I believe renewal fees are the same as signup fees. How have you managed to do it for $50?
Correct. I thought I had renewed Global Entry, but upon checking it was a Nexus renewal, which is $50.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Madison Guy
I recall it going back and forth about if lifetime members were going to be exempt from same-day AA/Partner flight requirements, and I don't recall the final decision (and didn't feel like re-reading 27 pages of posts), but for what its worth, I got an email today confirming that Lifetime members are exempt from the same-day AA/Partner flight access policy. Specifically stated our guests are also exempt. ^ (You still need to be flying on some airline and presumably have that boarding pass to enter.)
Thanks! My Mother has a lifetime membership that she bought in the early 90's before they stopped selling them. My Dad was older so they bought senior lifetime with spouse. It was one of the better investments they made!
Old Oct 29, 2019, 5:51 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by formeraa
Thanks! My Mother has a lifetime membership that she bought in the early 90's before they stopped selling them. My Dad was older so they bought senior lifetime with spouse. It was one of the better investments they made!
Out of curiosity, when the principal membership holder dies, will the spouse get to keep enjoying the perks?
Old Oct 29, 2019, 5:52 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
On the UA side, there are rumors about making exceptions to the UA/Partner requirement for Global Services.

Glad to see no Lifetime AC member needs to think about it
Old Nov 2, 2019, 7:13 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by NoStressHere
In just a few days, many of us will not be able to use the Admirals Club much, or in some cases, at all. Effective Nov 1st, you need to have a same day AA boarding pass. Old news to most of us, but now that the date is here... any updates out there?

Still going to happen?

Any chance of ... anything?
Used the RDU AC this morning and was required to show my boarding pass. It's here and I can't imagine it's going away.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 7:54 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I always have a kiosk BP on me....even though I check in on the App I always want a printed BP in case anything weird happens during my travels as proof.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 8:02 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
I always have a kiosk BP on me....even though I check in on the App I always want a printed BP in case anything weird happens during my travels as proof.
Irony for me is that I always have the AC folks print me a BP to add to my collection. I use the app to get through TSA..
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 8:12 am

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
I can understand and I'm careful to take this a step further -

Up until the recent increase in carry-on size quantity/size enforcement, for good measure I would bring one of the kiosks with me just in case I lost or didn't have the BP handy.

It sometimes took a little sleuthing to find a plug around the gate area or club check-in area and once powered on you have to go through that additional step to locate the BP using your AAdvantage # but I managed.

I sure enjoyed some good laughs at the expense of those using the app.
_kurt and Antarius like this.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 8:49 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by CMK10
Used the RDU AC this morning and was required to show my boarding pass. It's here and I can't imagine it's going away.
Imagine RDU is one lounge that will see capacity impact from this change. It’s location made it convenient to guest colleagues who may not be flying American, unlike other airports where club locations are isolated from other airline gates.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 8:01 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Gold, SW A List, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Segments
Imagine RDU is one lounge that will see capacity impact from this change. It’s location made it convenient to guest colleagues who may not be flying American, unlike other airports where club locations are isolated from other airline gates.
Same at BNA, lots of WN flyers probably used the Admirals Club.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 9:25 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Following up on my earlier post. RDU took just my Executive CC and my BP. PHX B AC later today wanted first the card, then my BP, then my ID. I have to say it would be pretty impressive if I somehow stole a credit card AND that person's mobile BP

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.