Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Boarding changes or just incompentent GAs?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2018, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond

3 out of 5 flights this week (DFW, PHX, & MIA), GA called CK then either group 2 or, yesterday in MIA, group 3.

Had this happened just once, or even in a single airport, I would just write it off to the GA being new or something, but 3 different airports in a week?
Old Aug 10, 2018, 8:25 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by txrus
3 out of 5 flights this week (DFW, PHX, & MIA), GA called CK then either group 2 or, yesterday in MIA, group 3.

Had this happened just once, or even in a single airport, I would just write it off to the GA being new or something, but 3 different airports in a week?
Don’t buy a lottery ticket this week!

Seriously, they just didn’t care or pay attention. If I’m in a higher boarding group not called, I’m stepping forward and saying “you didn’t call Group X, but that’s me” and expecting to be boarded.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 8:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JDiver
Don’t buy a lottery ticket this week!

Seriously, they just didn’t care or pay attention. If I’m in a higher boarding group not called, I’m stepping forward and saying “you didn’t call Group X, but that’s me” and expecting to be boarded.
Multiple people, including me, told the GA that yesterday in MIA-she just looked at us, but didn't say a word.

Good to see that enhanced customer service training AA is allegedly investing in paying off...
fotographer likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 9:48 am

At least you guys weren't in PHX, where they use the worst computer generated announcements known to man, and often skip groups.
zld likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 11:55 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
From my experience when the GAs call for CK paxs F paxs go rushing the boarding lane. I guess some GAs just figure now when they call CK their going to get Group 1 anyway so they just skip it. Happen to me the other day at DFW.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 12:02 pm
Suspended

AA seems to have a problem with front line training. AA will publish and advertise a perk or policy..for example, MCE getting free drinks...and when you actually get there the FA's have no idea and need to be reminded. They need to work on their internal communications and make sure crews get updates and sign off on them in a timely manner.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 12:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by Proudelitist
AA seems to have a problem with front line training. AA will publish and advertise a perk or policy..for example, MCE getting free drinks...and when you actually get there the FA's have no idea and need to be reminded. They need to work on their internal communications and make sure crews get updates and sign off on them in a timely manner.
This isn’t rocket science.....AA should require their employees to go through and accept and understand any new policies. Pathetic.
DCP2016 and Dallas49er like this.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 12:15 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
When there isn't an FC then there is no Group1 and EXPs are in Group 2, some agents might be more used to that and forget.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by txrus

Cmon, you don't really think that the airline has told them to follow a new policy of skipping first class Group 1 & 2, do you?

like others have said, if your group get skipped, just go forward and board... you're still in a small elite group boarding early in the process.

It'd be nice if they went the way they're supposed to but that goes for PDB too. not a huge deal but would be nice if they did it the right way I agree
Old Aug 10, 2018, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
AA should require their employees to go through and accept and understand any new policies. Pathetic.[/left]
Yes, everyone should know everything and do it right all the time.

Meanwhile, in the real world....
Old Aug 10, 2018, 5:31 pm

AA service has seriously deteriorated since Doug took over.
fotographer and JoeWoodstock like this.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by jmj9905
his prior sidekick Kirby at HP/US is now at UA inflicting a world of cheapness upon their valued customers.

Contagious.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by jmj9905
You don't fly premium intercontinental much, do you?
Old Aug 10, 2018, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by CPRich

+1

No FTer has EVER mispoken or been a bit cranky at work! !
Old Aug 10, 2018, 8:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: Rapid Rewards, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by CPRich

When you work for a company, you AGREE to abide by their rules/policies and follow them. If you don't want to or plead ignorance, you deserve to be let go/punished & retrained. That is how CS oriented companies survive.
AANYC1981 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.