Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Boarding changes or just incompentent GAs?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boarding changes or just incompentent GAs?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2018, 8:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: Rapid Rewards, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by formeraa
+1

No FTer has EVER mispoken or been a bit cranky at work! !
There's a difference between being cranky and being ignorantly blissful of your own company's rules/policies/product.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 10:46 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by cedric
You don't fly premium intercontinental much, do you?
You talking about that "premium intercontinental" product with the pre-departure beverages in plastic cups; the "beef jerky" fillets; the carnival barkers passing out credit-card applications; the toilets that never get cleaned once during a 15-hour flight; the mid-flight snacks that consist of potato chips and old biscotti; the 777's with the peeling paint and trim pieces around the seats coming apart? Is that what you are talking about?
Old Aug 10, 2018, 10:51 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by jmj9905
AA service has seriously deteriorated since Doug took over.
But why? Didn't the Flight Attendants at American throw Tom Horton under the bus and get into bed with Doug Parker before the merger because they were so unhappy?

What's happened since? Why are they so disengaged and disinterested in providing good customer service? Where is the pride in your company and the product you are offering the passengers? Why all of the sad faces and noses buried in cell phones?
Old Aug 10, 2018, 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by txrus
3 out of 5 flights this week (DFW, PHX, & MIA), GA called CK then either group 2 or, yesterday in MIA, group 3.

Had this happened just once, or even in a single airport, I would just write it off to the GA being new or something, but 3 different airports in a week?
I would be sure to write in and complain. It is really the only way to expect any improvements these days.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 11:30 pm

Once at DCA boarding (delayed flight) commenced with GA announcing "all groups, all rows."

I actually wish that's how all flights are boarded, all the time. It would save so much frustration especially among foreigners who may not understand the announcements.
DCP2016 likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 11:34 pm

Programs: Priority Club PLT, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
From my experience when the GAs call for CK paxs F paxs go rushing the boarding lane. I guess some GAs just figure now when they call CK their going to get Group 1 anyway so they just skip it. Happen to me the other day at DFW.
This. I was thinking the other day how they should just call CK and group 1 at the same time. While I get the "importance" of CK's, it seems silly to let people who may be sitting in economy, to board before your paid premium cabin customers. Same time? Sure. Before? Eh.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 12:03 am

Originally Posted by jcatman
You talking about that "premium intercontinental" product with the pre-departure beverages in plastic cups; the "beef jerky" fillets; the carnival barkers passing out credit-card applications; the toilets that never get cleaned once during a 15-hour flight; the mid-flight snacks that consist of potato chips and old biscotti; the 777's with the peeling paint and trim pieces around the seats coming apart? Is that what you are talking about?
Heck of a lot better of an experience than BA & UA in J, the other two airlines listed in your profile.
And yes, there have been many improvements since the merger.
But I suppose this isn't the thread...
enpremiere likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 3:49 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
sad to say, but flying today is no better then a bus service anymore.. in fact , I think the bus service is better
Oxnardjan likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 8:10 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorer, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, Avis Plus, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by davie355
Once at DCA boarding (delayed flight) commenced with GA announcing "all groups, all rows."

I actually wish that's how all flights are boarded, all the time. It would save so much frustration especially among foreigners who may not understand the announcements.
then FT would not exist. The whole site is about getting the best status to get on first, the most bennies once on the aircraft and it continues at the car rental and hotel.
well that and arguing politics and venting thread on Omni

Old Aug 11, 2018, 8:17 am

Winner, Winner Chicken dinner. Flying is no longer the elite way to travel unless you can afford J or F. Economy long haul is a undesirable product with the cramped seating, if that is what I can afford, then that is a choice I make.

Extra legroom This from the Greyhound website.

When designing our new and updated buses, we actually removed a whole row of seats rather than trying to squeeze more in. So there's always space to stretch out when you ride with Greyhound. (Our bus designers must have been really tall.)

[QUOTE=fotographer;30070790]sad to say, but flying today is no better then a bus service anymore.. in fact , I think the bus service is better[/QU
Old Aug 11, 2018, 10:52 am

Programs: AA Platinum
This seems like a good enough reason for a first post as any. I’ve been seeing this quite a bit lately. Flying from DFW to TUS a few weeks ago, I’m leaning up against the wall across the main aisle from the gate since as usual there’s nowhere to sit. As soon as boarding is announced, Group 5 lines up cutting off everyone who is still sitting down from the door. Group 1 and 2 get called. When the GA calls Group 3 I start walking. I hit what would be the front of the line about 10 steps behind the last person in Group 3 and just as the GA calls Group 5. Since I’m already moving I step in front of the Group 5 stampede, mention to the GA that she skipped Group 4 and continue on my way while getting heckled with “Wow you must think you’re awfully important” and “We’re all getting on the same plane, what’s the rush?” by people who were the first to line up.

I’ve never understood the rush to get through all the groups when you can clearly see the line on the jet bridge backing up. Stacking another 50-100 people behind me when I can’t go anywhere doesn’t do anything for an on-time departure. I also agree that First Class passengers should be the first to board regardless of status. Get the ever elusive PDB out of the way, then board everyone else.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 1:15 pm

cedric. No I don't.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 4:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
It was a free for all today at CLT. The GA called for group 1 and 50 people rushed the gate. Not surprising we left 10 minutes late. FA disinterested in getting paxs to sit down and no GA onboard to see what the hold up is. But 4 GAs working a 321.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 4:27 pm

Do GA still announce people who need help to board first, (disability issues), families with small kids, veterans? I can’t recall the exact wording.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 5:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
No generally pre boards are called up by individual name and board along with their traveling companions. From time to time a GA might make a general announcement but that’s very rare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.