Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FA tells me Coke Zero is bad for me

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2018, 3:46 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by no2chem
A FA on a JFK-SFO transcon told me Coke Zero is bad for me, and I don't know how to feel about it.

I had one can shortly after takeoff, and I went to the back to ask for another about halfway into the flight.
When the FA came around for the second drink service near the end of the flight, I said that I'd have another can of the same.
He replied - do you really need another one? These things are bad for you! And after a short pause, I said, yes really, I do.
He -poured- some into a cup instead of giving me the can.

I don't want to engage in an OMNI-level discussion about whether diet soda is actually bad for me or not, but honestly I'm a little offended by the FA's comment?
What business was it of his? I'd have thanked him for his concern and asked for some more. Complain? I'd not bother, it's one of those things that have to be dealt with at the time.

There are some bizzare people working in the aisles of aircraft some days - I know - I worked with some (they probably thought the same of me!)
Buffaloflyer and CHOPCHOP767 like this.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 10:55 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Maybe it was the FA's lame attempt to strike up a conversation with you?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.