Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FA tells me Coke Zero is bad for me

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2018, 3:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, UA 2MM, Hyatt Globalist, Columbia Record & Tape Club Triple Diamond VIP
I would be very surprised to learn that an account like this didn't have a corporate rep involved directly. That would be SOP for sales to a global customer with the level of visibility of an airline of AA's size.

Alao, distributors are typically defined by geography. A company like AA would be foolish to ignore its leverage by negotiating pricing with separate distributors around the world.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 4:33 pm

If Coke Zero were so bad among other sodas then why is it even on the menu? If the FA told me that its bad for me then I would have asked for 4 minis of Scotch with 4 cans of Coke Zero and see the priceless reaction of the FA.

You paid a lot of money and the FA is controlling your consumption. The FA could have said "I am sorry but we are running out of Coke Zero can I grab you a can of Diet Coke"?

Wow this FA is imposing their views on you that is totally unprofessional. I could care less what you drink unless you get too intoxicated on the Asparitime and Sodium Bezoate(which Coke and Coke Zero do not have since 2008!

Last edited by danielonn; Jul 19, 2018 at 4:48 pm
Old Jul 19, 2018, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by flyalways
Once I slept through Delta's Economy dinner service (ATL-NRT) ! I woke up, went to the galley and
asked for their noodle soup box. The male FA asked me.."You just had your dinner, correct ?" !!! I am
not sure what the intent was of this question but I found this to be offensive. Even if I had my dinner
and went for a bowl of soup, it is NOT his job to regulate my meals or what I eat. This is poor
service and unless the request is unreasonable F.A. has no business commenting on such
matters IMHO ...
Just as I have never had a Lounge Attendant tell me I am taking too much food. In fact the lounge attendant saw my plate was empty and she invited me to take more! Another one grabbed me another Scotch and made sure it was filled and I had to literally tell her to please stop!

My gosh were adults not kids. Hmm I guess they feel like they want to be your Mother or Father onboard. If so they should call them Mama and Papa rather than Flight Attendants.

American Airlines'Controlling the skies one Coke Zero at a time".
Old Jul 19, 2018, 6:23 pm

Programs: AA EXPlat, 2.4MM; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by danielonn
If Coke Zero were so bad among other sodas then why is it even on the menu? If the FA told me that its bad for me then I would have asked for 4 minis of Scotch with 4 cans of Coke Zero and see the priceless reaction of the FA.

You paid a lot of money and the FA is controlling your consumption. The FA could have said "I am sorry but we are running out of Coke Zero can I grab you a can of Diet Coke"?

Wow this FA is imposing their views on you that is totally unprofessional. I could care less what you drink unless you get too intoxicated on the Asparitime and Sodium Bezoate(which Coke and Coke Zero do not have since 2008!
I wouldn't say the FA was "controlling" the OP's consumption. She was giving advice, seriously or in jest, accurate or wrongheaded. Our own posters here have different views of the healthfulness of the liquid.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 2:45 am
Suspended

American carriers should learn something from their Asian counterparts. It would be absolutely unthinkable on an Asian airline for an FA to add criticism to a customer's request. It's not part of customer service to question the customer, particularly on a product their employer offers. Asian carriers..and Asia in general, still understand true customer service. American culture is getting way too casual.
muji likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 10:39 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
There was a "study" showing that Diet soft drinks could lead to health issues...which in reality doesn't mean anything. [Not all "studies" are accurate--maybe the sample was 2 people.]
For many years the greatness of spinach was noted--until they realized they had placed a decimal point in the wrong place.
See: Supermyths: Spinach Iron Decimal Point Error Myth Busted
Old Jul 20, 2018, 2:04 pm

I don't need humor from a flight attendant. I can find it elsewhere. Cutting someone off for non-alcoholic drinks is silly. Worry about the people who are drinking too much alcohol.
Marschel and DCP2016 like this.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by zitsky
I don't need humor from a flight attendant. I can find it elsewhere. Cutting someone off for non-alcoholic drinks is silly. Worry about the people who are drinking too much alcohol.
"Controlling," "cutting off," let's be a bit more careful with the terms we use.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by catcher1
"Controlling," "cutting off," let's be a bit more careful with the terms we use.
I'm not totally sure what your point is. Are you being overly sensitive, maybe?
Old Jul 20, 2018, 9:52 pm

I'm not totally sure what your point is. Are you being overly sensitive, maybe?
Maybe. But being precise, all the FA merely said the Coke was bad for the OP's health. She didn't control his consumption, refuse to serve him.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 10:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 2MM, HH Diamond
On my last AA flight the FA actually suggested I try Coke Zero. Great FA (not just for that reason). Envoy flight.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by catcher1
Maybe. But being precise, all the FA merely said the Coke was bad for the OP's health. She didn't control his consumption, refuse to serve him.
Ok I see your point. I still think the FA shouldn't have made the comment. Coke Zero won't kill you.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 4:34 pm
Suspended

I don't need humor from a flight attendant. I can find it elsewhere.
This is why I avoid Southworst at any cost. I will pay more and take more stops and take barbie jets just to avoid their canned chumminess.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 6:17 pm

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
umm... the coke zero comment was completely bogus. if a FA wanted to abuse a passenger about things ingested, they should start with alcohol. or maybe the catered food.

https://www.vox.com/2018/4/24/172427...th-risks-facts
Old Jul 23, 2018, 6:59 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
I recall an Air Canada Trans Pacific flight. A man asked for a beer, which I believe would have been his 3rd on a 12 hour fight (we were about 7 hours into the flight at this stage). The FA said to him "Are you drunky-drunky?" I could not believe my ears.

The opposite happened on a 2nd flight. They serve breakfast 2 hours prior to arrival and the FA asked an elderly Japanese lady if she wanted coffee or orange juice etc with breakfast. The lady replied "Beer". I could see the agent give a slight involuntary shake, and then she just went down to the galley to get the beer.

The 2nd is clearly an FA we all approve of.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.