Wiki Posts
Search

FA tells me Coke Zero is bad for me

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2018, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by dayone
To those who drink three or more cans of diet cola a day and believe that they are healthy as a horse, they should abstain for two weeks and reevaluate.
I have. No difference. <shrugs>
Old Jul 17, 2018, 9:11 am

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by dayone
To those who drink three or more cans of diet cola a day and believe that they are healthy as a horse, they should abstain for two weeks and reevaluate.
I tried this and when I re-evaluated my health I was no longer a pony, but a stud of a Clydesdale. Thanks for the advice, I never thought diet cola was contributing to my little pony condition.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 9:11 am

Programs: AA CK, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
You just bought an airline ticket for hundreds or thousands of dollars; and you're concerned about the "extreme" cost of purchasing water airside?
“Extreme” in this context was meant to address the extreme mark up (ripoff) on a 500 ml bottle of water purchased airside.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 9:13 am

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by chongcao
We all know AA FAs do not have a career, most of them end up working in the aircraft aisles for the whole of their life. We all know USA based FA are generally very casual, and sometimes to the extremely casual. And we all know USA based FAs are primarily for your safety and well being on board rather than providing first class services. So, what is the problem here?

Coke Zero is not bad for your health.

But 3 cans of Coke Zero in 5 hours is excessive. That is 990ml of coke. Drink water, man.

If the FA remember that you are having the third can and reminded you by saying it is not good for you. I would say that it is damn good service! And least the FA cares and remembers what was served to you. That is what we call personal touch.
Once I slept through Delta's Economy dinner service (ATL-NRT) ! I woke up, went to the galley and
asked for their noodle soup box. The male FA asked me.."You just had your dinner, correct ?" !!! I am
not sure what the intent was of this question but I found this to be offensive. Even if I had my dinner
and went for a bowl of soup, it is NOT his job to regulate my meals or what I eat. This is poor
service and unless the request is unreasonable F.A. has no business commenting on such
matters IMHO ...
Old Jul 17, 2018, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
As compared to all the other health food that AA offers on the transcon market, Coke Zero is probably the least of the problems. I'd have probably asked for some rum to neutralize the evil badstuffs in that product. That, and a nice squeeze of lemon for nutrients.
Quoting myself, after reading how this fine thread has gone, I think I'd also (if the FA was around my age, or older), break out in a round of ♫ I'd like to teach the world to sing ...♫
(Now get THAT out of your head all day!)
wrp96 likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 9:47 am

Programs: AA Gold, Enterprise PLT, Marriott Gold
My response would have been "You're right, give me a double of rum to pour in this sucker, forget my 10 year sobriety pledge to myself." Fight fire with fire
Old Jul 17, 2018, 12:27 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite, AA Platinum Pro, Hertz Presidents
Originally Posted by no2chem
Well, I made your Twitter, so I guess it was
Boom!! Well done.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by AA100k
“Extreme” in this context was meant to address the extreme mark up (ripoff) on a 500 ml bottle of water purchased airside.
On a percentage basis, sure. But in real dollars and cents? For an extra dollar or two, I don't care. If I'm thirsty, I'm buying the water. I've worked hard all my life, and am now approaching retirement age. I can afford the extra couple of bucks.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 6:20 pm

Programs: AA EXPlat, 2.4MM; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
On a percentage basis, sure. But in real dollars and cents? For an extra dollar or two, I don't care. If I'm thirsty, I'm buying the water. I've worked hard all my life, and am now approaching retirement age. I can afford the extra couple of bucks.
My wife just paid over $5000 for J LAX-LHR-LAX. Then she made the rounds of Dollar stores to save a quarter here, a quarter there (and with the gas for the car, she loses money!). When I question her judgment, she just tells me, "It makes me feel good."
Old Jul 17, 2018, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by catcher1
My wife just paid over $5000 for J LAX-LHR-LAX. Then she made the rounds of Dollar stores to save a quarter here, a quarter there (and with the gas for the car, she loses money!). When I question her judgment, she just tells me, "It makes me feel good."
I'm a divorce lawyer. If it makes her feel good, that's the end of the conversation.
Science Goy and catcher1 like this.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 9:14 pm
Moderator: Manufactured Spending

Originally Posted by catcher1
I think that often people tend to think of money in percentages rather than absolute value, even though it is the absolute value that matters. For example, paying $1.25 for a $1 item is a ripoff, because it's 25% too expensive, but paying an extra $500 for a $5000 flight is fine because it's only 10% more.

Also, some people like to shop, and consider it a hobby or leisure activity, even if they don't need to save money.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by 757FO
Ugh, let it go. I don't think there was anything malicious in the comment.
I think this should go in the least substantive thread
TWA884 likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 10:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cbn42
I think that often people tend to think of money in percentages rather than absolute value, even though it is the absolute value that matters. For example, paying $1.25 for a $1 item is a ripoff, because it's 25% too expensive, but paying an extra $500 for a $5000 flight is fine because it's only 10% more.

Also, some people like to shop, and consider it a hobby or leisure activity, even if they don't need to save money.
Yeah. Sometimes people scoff at me when I book mileage runs (paid J, 5cpm, lie-flat all the way). I also book $5k tickets. It's not about the fact that I NEED the savings. I enjoy finding and booking the MRs, and I enjoy the actual flying. If someone asks me how much a MR cost, there's about a 1% chance I can have a reasonable conversation with them. They don't understand that it's not about the money or the miles.

I'm not saying I'm not crazy. But finding and exploiting deals is fun for many people, whether it's shopping, coupon clipping, or mileage running.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 10:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA 2MM, Hyatt Globalist, Columbia Record & Tape Club Triple Diamond VIP
Originally Posted by no2chem
Whether or not I should complain to AA for starters. IMO, what I drink is not really much of the FAs business, and maybe I was overinterpeting his reluctance to serve me anything At the same time, I'm not sure if it's really worth complaining about.
If you really want your voice to be heard, complain to Coca Cola. They likely provide product to AA at a significant discount based on the presumptive value of the brand exposure. That an employee of a company that Coca Cola effectively compensates for brand exposure is spreading myths about their product would send a sales rep into instant melt down.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 3:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by embarcadero1
They likely provide product to AA at a significant discount based on the presumptive value of the brand exposure.
I am not so sure about this.

Backtracking - AA gets the F&Bs from catering companies. So if there is a discount, the discount should goes to the catering companies, rather than AA. It would be very difficult to track the discount and volume when the beverages are delivered to catering companies instead of AA.

Also - I believe Coke HQ does not set the prices. Instead, the bottling companies do so. So even there is a discount, the bottling companies should be the one giving out to the catering companies, not airlines.

Honestly, I would love to see how it works if Coke indeed gives the discount to AA directly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.