Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

HKG - LAX: Incredibly Rude FA, J Pax offloads himself!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HKG - LAX: Incredibly Rude FA, J Pax offloads himself!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2018, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points
Originally Posted by worldiswide
Not nearly as rude as this experience but we flew Ord to pek in J in April. We were the first on the plane, and there was crew luggage above our seats. We nicely asked the FA if it was possible for her to move her bags.
You went out of your way to complain instead of just putting yours literally anywhere else in the cabin?
KBMIFlyer and asf-07 like this.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 8:53 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
I hope that FA sets aside his wrath when he announces the credit card pitch.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 9:05 am

Location: DL: Silver; AA: EX PLAT; UA: Silver; HY: DIA; HH: DIA; MR: TIT
Originally Posted by jmr50
While I realize it's a controversial suggestion (and no doubt somebody will tell me it's illegal), video recordings of such scenes really help to address this issue far more than written accounts do. If there's any one constant in some of the recent acts by airlines to address egregious treatment of passengers, it's been the existence and wide publication of videos. Just a thought.

Most definitely NOT illegal! AA's "policies" are not law.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 10:38 am

Programs: AA: EXP MR: Ti
Originally Posted by rufflesinc
You went out of your way to complain instead of just putting yours literally anywhere else in the cabin?
+1
Old Jun 7, 2018, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by rufflesinc
Why should paying passengers, especially in a premium class, NOT be able to put their bags close to them?
Additionally, if they have to store bags behind their seats somewhere, they will be delayed on leaving the plane when landing.
AA has now made MCE bins reserved, with no enforcement, of course, but still reserved.
IMHO, First or Business Class bins should be reserved for passengers, not FA. As noted previously, FA's have other places to store things which are not available for passenger storage

Last edited by mvoight; Jun 8, 2018 at 7:57 am
Old Jun 7, 2018, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by mvoight
Why should paying passengers, especially in a premium class, NOT be able to put there bags close to them?
Additionally, if they have to store bags behind their seats somewhere, they will be delayed on leaving the plane when landing.
AA has now made MCE bins reserved, with no enforcement, of course, but still reserved.
IMHO, First or Business Class bins should be reserved for passengers, not FA. As noted previously, FA's have other places to store things which are not available for passenger storage
I have flown DFW/LAX - HKG RT several times over the past year in J, and the bins above and around my seat have never been full. Now, if the entire crew is throwing their bags up in F/J? Yes, that's a problem. One bag? Get over yourself.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by asf-07
I have flown DFW/LAX - HKG RT several times over the past year in J, and the bins above and around my seat have never been full. Now, if the entire crew is throwing their bags up in F/J? Yes, that's a problem. One bag? Get over yourself.
What if the passenger is mobility challenged? There are plenty of reasons to request being able to put your bag above you without being unreasonable.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 11:46 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Off topic posts, posts with political content and OMNI suited content will be summarily deleted.

thunderlounge likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 12:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Antarius
What if the passenger is mobility challenged? There are plenty of reasons to request being able to put your bag above you without being unreasonable.
I agree ! Medicines are one item that could be needed for the passenger. I have never seen any issues
with overhead space in J/F on AA. This must be some specific case and escalated by the attitude of FA.
I will always side with revenue customer in situations like this !
Old Jun 7, 2018, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by Antarius
Not disagreeing with the premise, but a single roller in a 777 J cabin will rarely preclude an additional bag from still being partially above a given seat... an exception here generally involves the smaller center bins. With that said, I would imagine someone with a mobility issue might find it easier to access one of the larger outer bins anyways as the access point is lower and easier to reach.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 12:55 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by asnovici
We were on that flight in Business row 14. I saw the passenger offloading himself and did see he was being upset but didn't know why. Now it all makes sense. I didn't witness the actual interaction between the flight attendant and the passenger but certainly can attest how rude that FA was throughout the flight. That guy was working my aisle on the left hand side and he was dismissive, rude and condescending throughout the flight. There was no "you are welcome" to any of "thank you". No service at all from him except collecting trash. At one point when handing him a glass and an empty diet coke can he refused to take the can but just stood there saying "can inside" to which I responded that I don't understand and he kept saying the same thing over and over until I realized he wanted me to put the can inside the glass myself. He clearly couldn't bother to do it himself and refused to move on until I did this. Just overall a miserable guy who shouldn't be in front of passengers and definitely not in Business. On the other hand the lady working the aisle was very professional.

Regarding the delay I believe the captain indicated it was due to weather outside of Hong Kong, but maybe it was after the guy was offloaded so not sure what actually caused that.

Truly disgraceful to employ FAs like that guy but its not going anywhere cause union will protect him and customers will continue to experience this crap.
PLease write to AA and give as many details about the flight and the FA.
asf-07 and zarkov505 like this.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by asf-07
Not disagreeing with the premise, but a single roller in a 777 J cabin will rarely preclude an additional bag from still being partially above a given seat... an exception here generally involves the smaller center bins. With that said, I would imagine someone with a mobility issue might find it easier to access one of the larger outer bins anyways as the access point is lower and easier to reach.
I don't disagree. I assume there was some issue for the poster to have come here and mentioned it. I doubt if it was a single bag not impeding them in some way, they would have said anything and much less, posted it here.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 1:56 pm

Not in J and not coming for HKG but ORD-MSO today. They just started service today and had the worst FA of my life. Im not at the level of flying like many of yall but at least 2-300 segments in the past few years.
Delay leaving ORD due to fuel not being loaded. No problem. Things happen. Another announcement were still waiting but soon the truck will be here. Few minutes later stand up to get a snack out of the overhead bin since we never had breakfast and left home at 5am.
FA immediately comes up and says sir you need to sit down, were waiting for you to sit down to close the forward door.
Were done fueling?
Were ready to go, just waiting for you to sit down.
Really? I see the fuel truck is still connected. Ill sit down but I dont understand how were waiting for me when its still pumping.
Sit down. Few minutes go by. Captain says as you see fuel truck left but thats because he ran out of fuel. Have to wait for another truck to come in.
No problem at all.

Fast forward to 30 mins before landing. FA sir give me your cup of water were preparijg for landing.
Can I finish it quickly?
No give it now.
Ok, thank you. Im curious is this a new policy? She walks off.

End of flight, wait to be final ones off,
excuse me, Im just curious about the policy with drinks as Ive never heard of it and I like to stay informed. Could you explain so I can know for future?
You need to be better informed.
Thats what Im asking, can you inform me?
sir you need to get off the plane so we can turn this plane around.
May I have your name?
i dont know why you would want my name, you dont need it.
Ive worked in customer service for years, and Im sorry I must say I would never talk to a paying customer the way youve talked to me.
Sir, you need to get off my plane.

Unbelievable experience. I sent in a complaint via the website but just expecting a canned response. I dont necessarily want anything, just dont understand how someone can work like this and keep a job.
thunderlounge likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Owner of 2,000 TWA shares
Originally Posted by jmr50
While I realize it's a controversial suggestion (and no doubt somebody will tell me it's illegal), video recordings of such scenes really help to address this issue far more than written accounts do. If there's any one constant in some of the recent acts by airlines to address egregious treatment of passengers, it's been the existence and wide publication of videos. Just a thought.
Upon arriving from a TPAC a month ago, I tried to make an earlier connection to get home. I was told it was against policy as it was an international flight I was coming from. I explained that I was able to do the exact thing from the same flight 2 weeks earlier. After saying I didn't feel appreciated and was walking away, an agent said "Then go fly another airline". I turned, walked past the agents I was dealing with and told him I'm taking a picture of his ID to report the rude comment. He came out from behind the counter and ripped my baggage tags off and told me his was canceling my ticket. He sure did. When I went airside to see what was going on I was told my ticket was canceled because I was deemed a threat. They told me I could by a new one. I did. I wrote to ask why, if I was deemed a threat, was I allowed to buy a new ticket on the exact same flight on which I just had my reservation canceled. They simply said they were siding with the station manager (whom I never spoke with). Moral of....be careful whipping out your phone.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 3:20 pm

I was along the same lines. I wanted to pull my phone out and record or at least talk to some sort of manager in Chicago but was afraid of getting kicked off the flight thats why I simply listened and sat down and sent in a complaint. Then upon arrival I asked for clarification and expressed that I dont appreciate being lied to when I can clearly see the obvious truth. Upon arrival not much a rogue FA could do.

Originally Posted by Uncle Nonny
Upon arriving from a TPAC a month ago, I tried to make an earlier connection to get home. I was told it was against policy as it was an international flight I was coming from. I explained that I was able to do the exact thing from the same flight 2 weeks earlier. After saying I didn't feel appreciated and was walking away, an agent said "Then go fly another airline". I turned, walked past the agents I was dealing with and told him I'm taking a picture of his ID to report the rude comment. He came out from behind the counter and ripped my baggage tags off and told me his was canceling my ticket. He sure did. When I went airside to see what was going on I was told my ticket was canceled because I was deemed a threat. They told me I could by a new one. I did. I wrote to ask why, if I was deemed a threat, was I allowed to buy a new ticket on the exact same flight on which I just had my reservation canceled. They simply said they were siding with the station manager (whom I never spoke with). Moral of....be careful whipping out your phone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.