Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Booking AA Award travel on Etihad / EY - [2015-17 ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking AA Award travel on Etihad / EY - [2015-17 ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2017, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by anabolism
They should be able to refund the fee without touching the ticket.
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
If it was a telephone fee rather than an expedite fee, worth phonng and asking since AA no longer has telephone booking fees for awards
Here’s what it says:

Telephone Ticketing Service AMOUNT NZD 120.00

And another kicker ... they charged my CC in USD lol

Do you guys think I can get this refunded without them having to touch the ticket?
Old Nov 6, 2017, 8:29 pm

Guys,

I read the last 15 pages or so of this conversation and I noticed a couple of instances where people wanted to book del-auh-sfo on EY but US agents can't see that availability, so they booked del-auh-lax-sfo.

Is that the only way or calling the NZ/Oz customer service may allow me to book del-auh-sfo directly without going to lax. Thanks for the help.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by somy
Guys,

I read the last 15 pages or so of this conversation and I noticed a couple of instances where people wanted to book del-auh-sfo on EY but US agents can't see that availability, so they booked del-auh-lax-sfo.

Is that the only way or calling the NZ/Oz customer service may allow me to book del-auh-sfo directly without going to lax. Thanks for the help.
You're going to have a tough time finding an agent to book you on AUH-SFO because that route doesn't exist anymore as of a week ago. Sorry.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 6:25 am

Any data points on whether inventory returns to Guest Seat availability when canceled? I have 2 SYD-JFK F bookings in early January that I will be releasing. Happy to coordinate cancellation so that someone here can monitor the date and snag the seats if they go back to Guest Seat inventory.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 9:36 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, MileagePlus Gold
My Starpoints transfer to AA posted and I called the Australian AA line to finalize the booking they held for me. I am ticketed and confirmed on EY103 (AUH to JFK) in F in July 2018. The agent mentioned it might take a couple hours for my credit card to be charged and for the miles to be deducted. She was right on; about two hours after calling the hold was released, I got the eTicket, the miles were deducted, and I was able to go on Etihad.com with the Etihad booking reference number and select a seat in the Apartments.

Originally Posted by bladel
Per Gary Leff, the Australia AA call center appears to be able to see, hold, and book J and F award space again. Within the past two hours I was able to hold one seat in first (Apartment) on EY103 AUH to JFK. The AA representative saw two seats available for award booking, exactly what Etihad and Expert Flyer showed. The held seat shows up on my AA future bookings and within a minute the number of Guest First award seats on Etihad.com for that flight was reduced to 1. I initiated a Starpoints transfer to get the remaining points I’ll need. I’ll report back once the booking is confirmed. Hoping there won’t be any problems. Everything points to the old Australia call center workaround being back and a viable option again!
Old Nov 7, 2017, 10:39 am

Changed a CDG-AUH-AMM (that was ticketed a few hours after the call) to LHR-AUH-AMM, but it has been 2 days and no charge/eticket yet. Any reason to be concerned or call them? Flight only in March.

Thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by himomer
Any data points on whether inventory returns to Guest Seat availability when canceled? I have 2 SYD-JFK F bookings in early January that I will be releasing. Happy to coordinate cancellation so that someone here can monitor the date and snag the seats if they go back to Guest Seat inventory.
I think they return almost immediately. Just changed yesterday a CDG-AUH to LHR-AUH and the two seats went back to Etihad Guest for the exaclty flight no more than 5 minutes later.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 11:10 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
Regular call center staff could see a BLR-AUH-JFK at T-28 in J. Ticketing went through.

They could also see F going to IAD, but no apartment meant I didn't bother.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by himomer
If it is AUH-JFK on 15th/16th Jan on A380, please do... I am waiting for one... thanks
Old Nov 7, 2017, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by jAAck
No luck with the Australian call center, but I rang up the UK number and the agent was able to see EY space immediately. I placed an itinerary on hold for MIA-JFK (J) / JFK-AUH (F) / AUH-JNB (J). Yay!

A bit confused because AA partner award chart shows 120K for F award US - Africa, but agent says this itinerary is two separate awards, US - ME (F award) and ME - Africa (J award) totaling 170K per person. Does this seem correct or is the agent perhaps mistaken?

120K is a great deal, though I'm not sure about 170K for a routing that is only one segment in F, even if it's First Apartment. QR J for MIA-JNB is only 75K, if only it was available!
Agree with wolfeman27 that the price is correct. One thing you might want to check is whether the two separate awards are one ticket. I believe that if they are, your F inbound flight gets you access to the nice EY AUH F lounge even though your onward flight is J; if two separate tix, then no dice and you have to settle for the nothing-special J lounge. But you might want to peruse the EY forum to confirm if that's the case.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 1:31 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AA EXP, HH Diamond, MR Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
Here’s what it says:

Telephone Ticketing Service AMOUNT NZD 120.00

And another kicker ... they charged my CC in USD lol

Do you guys think I can get this refunded without them having to touch the ticket?
Curious...did you you give this a try? I also was charged a phone booking fee and would like to get that back if possible.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 2:50 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
My ticketed reservation is now back "On Request" for reasons nobody seems to be able to figure out.

Edit: After about an hour on the phone, seems fixed again. Nobody was able to tell me what the issue was.

Last edited by Beltway2A; Nov 7, 2017 at 3:08 pm
Old Nov 7, 2017, 3:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
Agree with wolfeman27 that the price is correct. One thing you might want to check is whether the two separate awards are one ticket. I believe that if they are, your F inbound flight gets you access to the nice EY AUH F lounge even though your onward flight is J; if two separate tix, then no dice and you have to settle for the nothing-special J lounge. But you might want to peruse the EY forum to confirm if that's the case.
Ticketed today with no issues and only a single ticket number for the three segments. 😀 Thanks to you both for the info.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by jAAck
Ticketed today with no issues and only a single ticket number for the three segments. 😀 Thanks to you both for the info.
I went from having 2 e-ticket numbers to 1 when I did my exchange. Anyone have any idea if that means i'll get access to the F lounge for my connection? Going from F to a fight with J only. I currently have 4 Segments. Pre exchange was 5 segments. USA-Australia
Old Nov 7, 2017, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by sgan317
I went from having 2 e-ticket numbers to 1 when I did my exchange. Anyone have any idea if that means i'll get access to the F lounge for my connection? Going from F to a fight with J only. I currently have 4 Segments. Pre exchange was 5 segments. USA-Australia
I believe so. But again, you might want to check the EY forum. I'd actually suggest not bothering to call EY itself about this, as I've found their CSRs to be often very ill-informed.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by coolbeans202
Curious...did you you give this a try? I also was charged a phone booking fee and would like to get that back if possible.
Yeah I called NZ back and they put in a request for a refund. I did ask if this will cause the ticket to be reissued, etc, and was assured 'no'.

I'm in midst of having multiple record locators ticketed. 1st one got ticketed within hours, 2nd one got ticketed within 12 hours.

The others remain 'on request' for more than a day. Hoping they get ticketed today.

The ticketing wait-game is nerve-wrecking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.