Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Booking AA Award travel on Etihad / EY - [2015-17 ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking AA Award travel on Etihad / EY - [2015-17 ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2017, 10:36 am

FYI: I called NZ and did option 3 - aadvantage (not reservations). Someone in NZ was with me on phone (they quoted me in NZ currency). I was not routed to Trinidad.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 10:52 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by sgan317
(Data Point) Called Australia CC - I got routed somewhere, no idea where to. Their English had no accent.

They were able to see IAD-AUH in J and F for January
Not able to find JFK-AUH but Etihad Guest wasnt showing it either as USA-XYZ but it was showing it as XYZ-USA-XYZ
Good to hear they were able to see some ex-U.S. in J and F for January. (By the way, there's always an accent; if you don't detect an accent it means the speaker's accent matches yours. Are you in the U.S.?)

Originally Posted by patrickf3
FYI: I called NZ and did option 3 - aadvantage (not reservations). Someone in NZ was with me on phone (they quoted me in NZ currency). I was not routed to Trinidad.
Regardless of where the agent is located, you will be quoted in the currency matching where you called. If you called the NZ number, the system knows this and you will be quoted in NZD.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 10:54 am

Deleted

Originally Posted by anabolism
Good to hear they were able to see some ex-U.S. in J and F for January. (By the way, there's always an accent; if you don't detect an accent it means the speaker's accent matches yours. Are you in the U.S.?)
I am in the US

Last edited by sgan317; Nov 3, 2017 at 11:10 pm Reason: Updated Info, See Below
Old Nov 3, 2017, 11:13 am

Need some advice, currently booked FLL-PHL-CDG-AUH-PER

What would you do?

15 hours in 77W F on EY, 2 hour connection between AUH-PER
13 hours in 787 F on EY but that forces me to take a 24 hour layover in AUH before connecting to PER and I wouldn't get access to the F lounge.
or (Current Option) 7 hours in AA A330 J and 7 hours in EY A380 F. 2 hour connection between AUH-PER with possible access to F lounge
Personally, I prefer to maximize long-haul F time, and I like an overnight in a hotel between long-haul flights, so I'd likely go for option 2, giving me 24 hours in AUH. Option 1 has AUH F lounge access, which is nice, but with only two hours, not much time to enjoy it taking into account you need to deplane, clear transfer security, and get to the gate for boarding.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by anabolism
I believe AA can always see Y on all routes, including JFK.

My understanding is that it is only flights to/from U.S. that are unable to be booked far out; LHR is fine.

In which class?

In which class?

This is promising! WHat time of day did you call?
I booked it in First and called after 8PM EST yesterday
Old Nov 3, 2017, 2:29 pm

Update on my F JFK-AUH rez , just got this email. Will call them soon to see why

We were unable to process your flight reservation request. To ensure that your travel plans aren't interrupted, visit www.worldwidephones.com to locate a Reservations phone number in your area. Please refer to the above record locator when speaking to a representative.

American Airlines
Old Nov 3, 2017, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by patrickf3
Update on my F JFK-AUH rez , just got this email. Will call them soon to see why

We were unable to process your flight reservation request. To ensure that your travel plans aren't interrupted, visit www.worldwidephones.com to locate a Reservations phone number in your area. Please refer to the above record locator when speaking to a representative.

American Airlines
Very sorry to hear this. And very curious to learn what they tell you.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 6:19 pm

Programs: AA EP, United Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Success!

Tried to book CMB-AUH-JFK last Sunday in J for March 2018. Tried US, NZ, and Trinidad and struck out at all of them, they could not see any availability for a 2 week stretch. Ended up putting CMB-AUH-MAD-JFK (last leg on AA) on hold Monday morning.

After reading some others’ success today, I called NZ and the agent saw availability on AUH-JFK (both flights). Had her change the on hold reservation, and then called US to book.

Just got the email that it was ticketed! So clear proof that something has changed in the last 5 days.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 6:21 pm

Programs: SW, AS, UA, AA, Delta, Hilton, Hyatt, Club Carlson, SPG, IHG, Choice
I am seeing availability for BOM-DFW in business and then DFW to domestic journey on AA in economy.
Will I be charged for check-in baggage at DFW for domestic journey OR will they honor international allowance of Etihad since both flights are on same booking?
Old Nov 3, 2017, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by VTrain
Success!

Tried to book CMB-AUH-JFK last Sunday in J for March 2018. Tried US, NZ, and Trinidad and struck out at all of them, they could not see any availability for a 2 week stretch. Ended up putting CMB-AUH-MAD-JFK (last leg on AA) on hold Monday morning.

After reading some others’ success today, I called NZ and the agent saw availability on AUH-JFK (both flights). Had her change the on hold reservation, and then called US to book.

Just got the email that it was ticketed! So clear proof that something has changed in the last 5 days.
Good for you! Thanks for this info.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by arav_m
I booked it in First and called after 8PM EST yesterday
Thanks for the info, and congratulations on getting 2 F on AUH-JFK for 31 March 2018!
Old Nov 3, 2017, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by ravi100
New data point:

March 31, 2018 AUH-JFK Guest showed 2, AA Usa unable to see any, called Australia, got bumped over to the Caribbean (Trinidad) and they were able to snag 2 seats in Business. Flights are confirmed, waiting for ticketing to go through. Guest decremented and now shows zero. EY103 is the flight.
Called around 10am Eastern. Booked in Business Class
Old Nov 3, 2017, 8:03 pm

I was just about to start hitting no-24 month language AA mailers for a future JFK-AUH J redemption, so I'm very glad to see that there's some success coming back with the bookings.

My hypothetical plan is J for JFK -> AUH, and then to break up the return trip with a stop in Europe somewhere. Where is the best place to find routing rules? The top Google hits haven't been great so far. I'm wondering if there's something similar to the United Excursionist perk for a stopover? Or would it be best to do a different airline/alliance?
Old Nov 3, 2017, 11:15 pm

(Data Point) - Update

JFK-AUH was showing up with 2 F seats via Etihad search AUH-JFK-AUH but not JFK-AUH as expected. I called AU call center 3 times and they told me they couldn't see it.

Called NZ call center 1 time and they found the availability. Currently ticket Pending. I was able to get seat assignments via Etihad too.

Etihad website updated to only 1 F available now. Still only showing via AUH-JFK-AUH.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 11:19 pm

(Data Point) - Update

JFK-AUH was showing up with 2 F seats via Etihad search AUH-JFK-AUH but not JFK-AUH as expected. I called AU call center 3 times and they told me they couldn't see it.

Called NZ call center 1 time and they found the availability. Currently ticket Pending. I was able to get seat assignments via Etihad too.

My one concern is the etihad website is still showing 2 F seats.
Date? (approx OK).

If EY allowed seat assignments, the booking is is real and what the website is showing shouldn't matter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.