Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Booking AA Award travel on Etihad / EY - [2015-17 ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking AA Award travel on Etihad / EY - [2015-17 ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2017, 12:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Originally Posted by Antarius
Yet you want to fly them?

Not sure if genuine strange confusion or just trolling.
I’m just trying to point out or find a workaround.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Edgerfly

I’m just trying to point out or find a workaround.
AAdvantage awards between North America and Europe do not permit connections in any third zone, regardless of the carrier you fly. There is no workaround. Full stop.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 6:28 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
What does AA charge for mileage redemptions from the USA to Europe on Etihad via Abu Dhabi
Is there anyway to circumvent the mileage redemptions to the Middle East, to make the redemption cheaper on Etihad?
We have merged your new thread into the existing thread on this topic.

There are certain requirements to successfully book an AAdvantage award on Etihad. Please read the Wikipost at the top of this thread.

For further detail on award rules, AA oneworld & Other Airline Partner Award information, rules (master thd)

/Moderator
Old Dec 24, 2017, 4:25 am
Suspended

Sheesh I’m glad I redeeemed my AA miles for the EY apartments back in April 2015 when they firsr came out. Checking JFK-AUH there is ZERO “guest saver” award on every single day.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 5:07 am
Suspended

Programs: EY Guest Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Le Club Accor Silver, AAdvantage Gold
Sheesh I’m glad I redeeemed my AA miles for the EY apartments back in April 2015 when they firsr came out. Checking JFK-AUH there is ZERO “guest saver” award on every single day.
That is because it is now being reserved for us EY elites and not for you LeAAches.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 5:11 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by DatBoi
That is because it is now being reserved for us EY elites and not for you LeAAches.
Smart. Glad to hear I got to get it while the getting was good. They should reserve EK F for elites of their program and their partners programs imho too.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 5:43 am

They gotta throw y’all a bone somewhere after being hard at work to turn EY into a budget airline. At least you’ll finally have Guest availability -- so what if there’s no amentities!
Old Dec 24, 2017, 8:23 am
Suspended

LeAAches.
Honestly, that actually is pretty funny.
Old Dec 25, 2017, 5:18 am

Successful change

I had booked a flight on CX several months ago COK-BOM-HKG-NYC when the flights on EY were not available into JFK. I called the US line yesterday and asked about availability in J for the flights this July and the agent could see both flights (COK-AUH-JFK) that day, but wanted to charge me 150 dollars as I had non-One World partners involved. As I'd been told when I booked that I could switch if the EY flights became available I escalated the call and the supervisor agreed to waive the fee, but then could find no availability. She then put my on hold for a bit and came back and said she saw availability on one of the two flights that day...it was the one I wanted. She refunded my old ticket and issued the new one (and taxes were lower so refunded). About 15-minutes after I hung up I got an email showing the flight was ticketed. The new route saves me about 8 hours, a domestic India flight on Jet and a stopover in BOM so much more appealing

So it appears the US AA call centers do now have some ability to see J seats for the summer timeframe on EY.
Old Dec 25, 2017, 7:38 pm

I have not been follow this thread for a while, and I try to read back to understand the latest method to book with EY. Would anyone able to tell me if i try to book 2 business ticket SFO-JFK [AA] - JFK-AUH-MLE [EY] for 70000 per person is this route still able to book? I am not look for EY apartment, I just want to know in advance before I try to call around those call center to book? any input would be appreciate thank you!
Old Dec 26, 2017, 10:38 am

AA ending code-share agreement with Etihad in March

I saved up over 100K AA points, and just now read that in the news that "AA is ending code-share agreement with Etihad in March 2018". Can someone tell me if it is still possible to book tickets to and from the US after March?

Im looking to fly AUH-ORD April 28th , i see award availabilty on EY site, would AA be able to reserves this for me after this "codeshare agreement expiration"?
Old Dec 26, 2017, 10:43 am
Suspended

Also, just so I’m 100% clear, we are not allowed to book EY apartments? But can we book other EY first class awards like AUH-LAX?
Also, do they ever release long haul F awards anymore? I do not see ANY guestsaver space in F on every day I look.

Last edited by Edgerfly; Dec 26, 2017 at 10:50 am
Old Dec 26, 2017, 11:07 am

Programs: AA EXP
Also, just so I’m 100% clear, we are not allowed to book EY apartments? But can we book other EY first class awards like AUH-LAX?
Also, do they ever release long haul F awards anymore? I do not see ANY guestsaver space in F on every day I look.
I booked a First apartment a week ago, we just can't book The Residence. If you search the EY site USA-AUH, it won't show any results for guest space, but if you search AUH-USA-AUH, it will. So just structure your search starting in AUH with the return on the date you actually want to travel.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 1:50 pm
Suspended

Wow it really is true you have to call the Australian res number or New Zealand call centers to get F. The agents I got in the states didn’t see it, and got all huffy and puffy when I told her what flight numbers had availability which she couldn’t see.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 2:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Probably better to ask in the lounge access thread, but I don't think so since EY isn't Oneworld and JFK-SEA F doesn't qualify for lounge access.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.