Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Booking AA Award travel on Etihad / EY - [2015-17 ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking AA Award travel on Etihad / EY - [2015-17 ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2017, 11:35 pm

Programs: SW, AS, UA, AA, Delta, Hilton, Hyatt, Club Carlson, SPG, IHG, Choice
Just booked 4 business from AUH-LAX in last week of Feb.
Called NZ center.. It was very easy... Agent gave AA as well as Etihad record locator number...
Etihad showed 5 seats available and now it went down to 1
Old Nov 3, 2017, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
Date? (approx OK).

If EY allowed seat assignments, the booking is is real and what the website is showing shouldn't matter.
Mid January

and the seats available updated, post was updated to reflect that
Old Nov 4, 2017, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by patrickf3
Update on my F JFK-AUH rez , just got this email. Will call them soon to see why

We were unable to process your flight reservation request. To ensure that your travel plans aren't interrupted, visit www.worldwidephones.com to locate a Reservations phone number in your area. Please refer to the above record locator when speaking to a representative.

American Airlines
Were you able to sort this out? My AUH-JFK got ticketed without any problem in J for March 2018
Old Nov 4, 2017, 7:08 am

Starting to get nervous have a flight that I requested around 10am EST yesterday, and it still shows on request. Surprised @ravi100 yours was ticketed so fast.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 8:03 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AA EXP, HH Diamond, MR Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC
I tried to book AUH-IAD in J yesterday evening (6:30pm) for the beginning of March and both the US and Australian #'s couldn't see it. I will try again today as it seems like people are starting to have some success.

EDIT: Called the NZ # this morning and they were able to see and book the seats. Just need to wait for it to ticket

Last edited by coolbeans202; Nov 4, 2017 at 8:42 am
Old Nov 4, 2017, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by mikewhyatt
Starting to get nervous have a flight that I requested around 10am EST yesterday, and it still shows on request. Surprised @ravi100 yours was ticketed so fast.
I called the NZ line again to make sure they had all of my needed information. The agent said that Etihad is extremely stringent about having Mr./Mrs. title on the booking request and mine didn't have it so thats why it was held up. Mentioned that herself and a supervisor would monitor the ticketing until Wednesday which is the last day for it to get ticketed. My CC still hasn't been charged and nor the miles deducted from my account..
Old Nov 4, 2017, 9:21 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Gold
Called US number this morning about flights in September 2018 and they were not able to AUH-JFK in J or F. But, they were able to see AUH-ORD in J

Hung up and called NZ #, and they were able to see AUH-JFK in F for 2 passengers in Sept 2018. Will update as soon as it tickets...
Old Nov 4, 2017, 10:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Gold
Originally Posted by wolfeman27
Called US number this morning about flights in September 2018 and they were not able to AUH-JFK in J or F. But, they were able to see AUH-ORD in J

Hung up and called NZ #, and they were able to see AUH-JFK in F for 2 passengers in Sept 2018. Will update as soon as it tickets...
Update: Ticketed and confirmed.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 10:47 am

Programs: SW, AS, UA, AA, Delta, Hilton, Hyatt, Club Carlson, SPG, IHG, Choice
Originally Posted by desikid
Just booked 4 business from AUH-LAX in last week of Feb.
Called NZ center.. It was very easy... Agent gave AA as well as Etihad record locator number...
Etihad showed 5 seats available and now it went down to 1
Mine got ticketed in about 5 Hrs.. Reservation was made around 10pm PST. Confirmation email after 5 hrs
Old Nov 4, 2017, 12:30 pm

Just placed JFK-AUH (EY102) on hold in business for last week of January. F was available too. Called NZ but seemed to connect to Fiji.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 2:34 pm
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Trinidad (via NZ) was able to see and snag two F Apartment seats AUH to JFK in early Jan (about 60 days out). Miles deducted; waiting on ticketing.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 4:19 pm

Another data point, booked BOM - AUH - JFK (First) July 2018. Called NZ the agent was lazy did not even ask what class of travel and said no availability, called Australia agent was able to book the ticket.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by erik123
Called NZ but seemed to connect to Fiji.
This is discussed in the wiki.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 7:18 pm

My tickets is still in pending, but when I called AA they said that because I did an exchange and I did it via the NZ call center it could take until Monday to actually ticket. Not sure who's Monday though, id assume NZ.

I think I also complicated things when I made it an open connection ticket too. LGA/JFK.

AA has told me and I'm under the assumption that my reservation is all good still. My Etihad record located works and seats have been assigned.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 8:59 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
This is working for me!

I just changed our bookings for April 2018 — originally routed AUH-CDG-JFK (CDG-JFK in AA J) but now we switched to AUH-JFK direct. Only 1 F available which I got for my wife and I am in J... will change this once another F seat opens up.

This is a relief. After 1 full month of HUCA I gave up for a while. Today I called NZ and they saw exactly the availability that I saw on EF. This is just one data point but take it as you wish.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.