Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Booking AA Award travel on Etihad / EY - [2015-17 ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking AA Award travel on Etihad / EY - [2015-17 ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2017, 2:25 pm

Update after 85 hours the rev. ticketed. The AA.com rev. display now shows a normal one-way.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 8:53 am

Hi all,

Thanks to everyone in this sub. I just booked my honeymoon return flight MLE-AUH-ORD in J! I called US AA and booked the AUH-ORD segment, but then they didn't see the MLE-AUH segment. I called Australia (which they saw MLE-AUH award space) and added it to itinerary. I knew not to book with Australia because I would likely get a fraud alert. So I called US AA and secured the reservation. The US AA CSR was pretty confused why it was in Australian dollars. I couldn't help but laugh!

Two questions - I have done some reading on how to choose seats, but the "Manage My Booking" does not show up under my EY record locator. Does this take a few days after ticketing to show up?

Also, it was my understanding that the chauffeur service was not available for AA ticketed EY flights. However, it states that chauffeur service is available for any Chicago address. Is this correct? That would be awesome if I could get a free ride from ORD to union station and take the train up to MKE.

Thanks
Old Feb 21, 2017, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by Millerwaukee
Two questions - I have done some reading on how to choose seats, but the "Manage My Booking" does not show up under my EY record locator. Does this take a few days after ticketing to show up?

Also, it was my understanding that the chauffeur service was not available for AA ticketed EY flights. However, it states that chauffeur service is available for any Chicago address. Is this correct? That would be awesome if I could get a free ride from ORD to union station and take the train up to MKE.

Thanks
You have to call to choose seats.

Chauffeur service is available to any Chicago or suburban area. However, it is not available for AAdvantage award flights.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 9:22 am

Can anyone tell me what they paid recently in taxes/fees for the LHR to AUH flight in F? were you charged a telephone booking fee?
Old Feb 21, 2017, 11:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by jasonz9238
Can anyone tell me what they paid recently in taxes/fees for the LHR to AUH flight in F? were you charged a telephone booking fee?
I haven't booked one, but the taxes should be £188.57 one way ( approx $235 ) according to ITA
Old Feb 21, 2017, 12:30 pm
Suspended

Hi all,

Thanks to everyone in this sub. I just booked my honeymoon return flight MLE-AUH-ORD in J! I called US AA and booked the AUH-ORD segment, but then they didn't see the MLE-AUH segment. I called Australia (which they saw MLE-AUH award space) and added it to itinerary. I knew not to book with Australia because I would likely get a fraud alert. So I called US AA and secured the reservation. The US AA CSR was pretty confused why it was in Australian dollars. I couldn't help but laugh!

Thanks

On the route to ORD, is that Pearl Business?
Old Feb 21, 2017, 2:26 pm

I can see 2 guest business seats available from dfw-hyd (oneway) on etihad site but when I call AA to book they can see only 1 seat. Is there a trick to get them to see the 2nd seat?
Old Feb 21, 2017, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly

Chauffeur service is available to any Chicago or suburban area. However, it is not available for AAdvantage award flights.
Thanks. ^
Old Feb 21, 2017, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by Terminator8
On the route to ORD, is that Pearl Business?
According to my EY itinerary, it is on BOEING 777-300ER (Flight 151). When I look over at seatguru, it states that it is a 2 class service with Pearl Business and Coral Economy.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by Stivelio
I can see 2 guest business seats available from dfw-hyd (oneway) on etihad site but when I call AA to book they can see only 1 seat. Is there a trick to get them to see the 2nd seat?
Did you call US American Airlines or Australia American Airlines?
Old Feb 21, 2017, 3:28 pm

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly

Last year APR i also booked with my AA miles DAC-AUH-PAR in C as an award for 30k ( bevore devaluation ), and we got a free chauffeur ride from CDG to Gare du nord trainstation which is aprox 45 km.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 4:15 pm

Did you call US American Airlines or Australia American Airlines?
US
Old Feb 21, 2017, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Stivelio
US
Read the Wiki. Call Australia or even better, NZ.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by SFO777
Read the Wiki. Call Australia or even better, NZ.
i didn't have to call AUS/NZ for this specific route before but I will give it a shot. Thank you
Old Feb 21, 2017, 4:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by bertheike
Last year APR i also booked with my AA miles DAC-AUH-PAR in C as an award for 30k ( bevore devaluation ), and we got a free chauffeur ride from CDG to Gare du nord trainstation which is aprox 45 km.
As of AA award reservations ticketed since iirc August 10 , chauffeur drive is no longer offered

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.