Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: SWU giveaway (strictly freely given - no quid pro quo)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 14, 2017, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
SWU / Systemwide Upgrade Giveaway
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!

NOTE: This is the archived thread of obsolete SWU giveaway posts. Please see the current thread:
SWU giveaway (strictly freely given - no quid pro quo).

Members who do not read and follow these rules will have their posts summarily deleted.

Please familiarize yourself with these ground rules. Posts that do not conform to these rules will be summarily removed (without notice to the poster).

AA: "Upgrades are void if sold or advertised for sale for cash or other considerations. Members may designate another passenger to use their upgrades."

• Asking for SWU passes is not permitted! Donors will post here, and members are welcome to communicate via PM from there. If you don't see an open request, don't ask for one.

• In order to comply with AAdvantage T&C, SWU must given freely, with no strings attached. Requests for money or any other consideration, whether in the clear or via PM, are not allowed.

• Out of respect of our generous donors, please follow their instructions and contact them with the information they request.

• Donors can ultimately make the choice of recipient (tenured/contributive member, longer flight itineraries, international vs. domestic, etc.).

• Recipients are solely and entirely responsible for the payment of any fees or taxes associated with the use of a gifted SWU (e.g. United Kingdom Air Passenger Duty).

• This thread is NOT for the discussion of ethics, entitlement, or nomination of charities/groups as recipients. (Donating instruments for use in charity auctions or as prizes is prohibited by AAdvantage T&C.)

• If anybody offers to sell, buy, barter or trade SWU by PM, please contact the moderators immediately, as this is a violation of AAdvantage and FlyerTalk rules. Appropriate disciplinary action will be taken.

Thanks everyone!

~AAdvantage forum moderators
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: SWU giveaway (strictly freely given - no quid pro quo)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2017, 1:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, Amex Platinum
4swus to give away. PM me with details.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 2:42 am

5 SWU's to give away. PM me.

Edit: Sorry should have mentioned they expire at the end of February.

Last edited by techc; Feb 23, 2017 at 3:55 am Reason: expiry date
Old Feb 22, 2017, 11:13 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat 2 mil miler, SkyMiles basic, Mileage Plus basic
3 SWU's to give away

I know it is late, but I thought I could use them. 3 SWU's expire 2/28/17 please pm me ASAP if you are able to use them. Thanks
Old Feb 22, 2017, 2:36 pm

Free SWU, You must already be booked on a flight with a SWU available. Free to a good home
Old Feb 22, 2017, 5:19 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
A quick note:

Many thanks to all the generous members of our community!!! ^:-:

Even as FlyerTalk has grown larger, I am always impressed with how we help one another - be it with creative award solutions or sharing travel experiences or gifting SWUs.

/Moderator

Old Feb 23, 2017, 7:18 am

4 SWUs

4 swus expiring 2/2017. PM me if you can use them.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 9:08 am

Programs: AA Exp, Radisson VIP, Expedia OneKey Platinum, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amex Plati
I have 3 SWUs about to expire. Likely candidates please PM.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 1:15 pm

Programs: AA PLAT, DL GOLD (status matched)
3 SWUs left to give away

I managed to give away 1 of the 4 after posting a few days ago...3 more to go if there are any takers... I'm happy to try to use on flights without instant availability. If J looks open at this stage there's a good chance you'll clear off the waitlist. Anyone flying in next 4 days (apart from ex-LHR), PM me with PNR/name/email/flight number...
Old Feb 23, 2017, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA-EXP
I'll add my 1 remaining 2016 SWU into the mix. Expires on the 28th.

Anyone that needs one for an international long haul can PM me.

Please include PNR/name/email/flight number
Old Feb 23, 2017, 3:43 pm

AA SWU soon to expire

Have unused SWU expire Feb 28th, 2017.

Send me a note if you are interested.

Thanks,

Paul

Last edited by JDiver; Feb 23, 2017 at 4:15 pm Reason: Removed email address; please use PM
Old Feb 23, 2017, 5:48 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Thank you to all of you kind souls who are so generously offering your SWUs. I should know this but I don't - they just have to be confirmed by 2/28, right? They can be used for a flight AFTER 2/28 as long as the SWU is applied by then? My wife and I are flying via PEK in early March and have a fighting chance, but I don't want to ask for SWUs that won't clear by then
Old Feb 23, 2017, 5:51 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by no1cub17
Thank you to all of you kind souls who are so generously offering your SWUs. I should know this but I don't - they just have to be confirmed by 2/28, right? They can be used for a flight AFTER 2/28 as long as the SWU is applied by then? My wife and I are flying via PEK in early March and have a fighting chance, but I don't want to ask for SWUs that won't clear by then
Not impossible, but highly highly unlikely these days to apply an expiring SWU after Feb deadline.

See this thread for more info: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...un-2014-a.html
Old Feb 23, 2017, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by no1cub17
Travel must be before 2/28
Old Feb 23, 2017, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by andyr
I have 5 SWUs that will expire on 2/28/17, so I"m going to try and give them away.

Fingers crossed for y'all ...
I just want to thank andyr for his kindness and generosity. He was kind enough to hook me up for my flight (within minutes, at that!)

Really appreciate it. Thanks to all who have been generously gifting their SWUs to fellow FTers. ^
Old Feb 24, 2017, 6:09 am

Programs: Free Agent! B6 Mosaic, AA 5MM LT Plat (EXP gone), SPG LT Plat, WN APlus, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
I just want to thank andyr for his kindness and generosity. He was kind enough to hook me up for my flight (within minutes, at that!)

Really appreciate it. Thanks to all who have been generously gifting their SWUs to fellow FTers. ^
You're very welcome, I'm just happy that my SWUs are going to be used !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.