Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LGA: All AA Flight Consolidation to Terminal B 9 Dec 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 22, 2017, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: controller1
Move to LGA Terminal B Confirmed for December 9, 2017

Press release: http://news.aa.com/press-releases/pr....z6jYg7OL.mjjo
Print Wikipost

LGA: All AA Flight Consolidation to Terminal B 9 Dec 2017

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2018, 7:59 pm

Not sure this is the right thread, but since it started as a thread on airside shuttles, does anyone know whether there is an airside shuttle from Concourse B (arriving on AA) and Concourse A (departing on AC) ?

Thanks for your help.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 8:18 pm

Programs: AA, Hilton
Seeing a gate come up as D9F. So guess that mean a bus to the plane and a walk on the ramp airside?
Old Apr 2, 2018, 10:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by the phoenix
Seeing a gate come up as D9F. So guess that mean a bus to the plane and a walk on the ramp airside?
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...l#post29175033
Old Apr 3, 2018, 7:29 am

Lol. Thx. I read that and wondered if things changed. Honestly, I consider it the last breath of fresh air before boarding.

Old Apr 4, 2018, 7:29 am

Lounge to C concourse

Not to get into the debate about which lounge is nicer (apparently Centurion), but which lounge at LGA is closer (by travel time) to the C gates? (1) The Admiral's Club at the D concourse (which requires the D-C shuttle bus) or (2) the Centurion Lounge landside (which requires passage through TSA security at the C concourse)? Of course there is variation depending on day and time, but generally. In my case I will be on AA 3866 to YUL, scheduled to depart at 8:25 am tomorrow (Thursday) from C1. I'm assuming the shuttle would be quicker (10 minutes total) than C security (15 minutes total). I may or may not have Pre-Check (didn't pay for it, but often get it as OW Emerald (JL Diamond)), not sure if that is available at TermBConcC. TIA.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Will really just depend on (1) the lines at security and (2) waiting time for the transfer bus. But I don't think the difference is meaningful on average. There should be pre-check at concourse C.
I would probably use the Centurion lounge and have real breakfast, although frankly, for an 8:25am flight I wouldn't be planning to get to the airport with much lounge time, I'd rather be doing other things, like sleep.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 8:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Honors Gold, National Executive Elite
I have found that the security wait at concourse c is much quicker than the shuttle bus wait time. If I make it early and have lounge time, I use the Centurion lounge. I do get Pre-check consistently
Old Apr 4, 2018, 8:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
Originally Posted by travellerK
I have found that the security wait at concourse c is much quicker than the shuttle bus wait time. If I make it early and have lounge time, I use the Centurion lounge. I do get Pre-check consistently
Agreed, the shuttle bus wait can be long. There is one bus that rotates between each concourse. The process is not smooth and there are stairs.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 3:40 pm

SPent a few hours at C yesterday. Yes TSA Pre at C.

Gave business to Bowery Bar.

The shuttle Los between c&d are down a flight of stairs.

Gate D9F pays some homage to boarding gates in the Carribean. At least it’s quiet and secluded.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 11:05 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
just saw the 737MAX pull into gate C5 at LGA (terminal B) which still has the United branding on the outside of the jetbridge lol.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 11:13 am

Programs: AA EXP Plat, Mariott Gold, Hilton Gold
LGA has been a mess the last two days. Took forever to get out lastnight/ this morning.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 9:38 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Man my flight tomorrow morning to MIA is leaving from the A gates......I have never been in that terminal, what is it like? Also, last weekend there was no PreCheck open for the C gates and the line for security was enormous so I walked back to the D security for PreCheck. Got through quickly and then waited 10 mins for the shuttle over to C.

Do the A gates have Pre-Check? Should I do the same thing tomorrow and use D PreCheck and wait for the bus to go to A? I don't care about using the Admirals Club as it'll be so early and I don't really care about getting one of their bagels or breakfast fare.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 8:56 am
Suspended

Just to add an interesting experience. I went thru security at D (C is usually the next shuttle bus stop away)......get on the bus and we bypass C and I ask where we are going. I'm told "we have passengers to pick up at A". Turns out those "passengers" were an entire 737 flight crew and FA's for Southwest who then had to be driven to B and then we could go to C. Makes no sense......I get it's not AA employees working these buses, but for god sakes......most of everyone was going to C so why not stop there first (since it's the first stop anyway) and then pick up your competitor's crew?
Old Apr 27, 2018, 8:14 pm

Programs: US-Plt;Concierge key; American AAirpass; Delta Silver;Starwood - Platinum; Amex Cent
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Man my flight tomorrow morning to MIA is leaving from the A gates......I have never been in that terminal, what is it like? Also, last weekend there was no PreCheck open for the C gates and the line for security was enormous so I walked back to the D security for PreCheck. Got through quickly and then waited 10 mins for the shuttle over to C.

Do the A gates have Pre-Check? Should I do the same thing tomorrow and use D PreCheck and wait for the bus to go to A? I don't care about using the Admirals Club as it'll be so early and I don't really care about getting one of their bagels or breakfast fare.
I've been on the 11:50am flight LGA-RDU the last 2 fridays (today included) and it's taken 30 minutes to clear security at the A gates. No priority lane, no pre-check (they give you the dirty paper that allows you to keep shoes on). A lot of Air Canada passengers in the que with me. AA needs to figure this out - I'm just not used to that type of line anywhere anymore.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old May 5, 2018, 8:17 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by morrisunc
I've been on the 11:50am flight LGA-RDU the last 2 fridays (today included) and it's taken 30 minutes to clear security at the A gates. No priority lane, no pre-check (they give you the dirty paper that allows you to keep shoes on). A lot of Air Canada passengers in the que with me. AA needs to figure this out - I'm just not used to that type of line anywhere anymore.
Some (minor) relief seems to be coming soon... right now the target opening date for the first of the new Terminal concourses is late fall, at which point the A concourse will be closed. Supposedly AC, UA and WN will be moving there so AA should be able to take over UA’s gates at C and consolidate a bit more compared to today. Not sure what will happen with the B gates WN is vacating.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.