Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LGA: All AA Flight Consolidation to Terminal B 9 Dec 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 22, 2017, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: controller1
Move to LGA Terminal B Confirmed for December 9, 2017

Press release: http://news.aa.com/press-releases/pr....z6jYg7OL.mjjo
Print Wikipost

LGA: All AA Flight Consolidation to Terminal B 9 Dec 2017

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2017, 12:43 pm

Programs: CoUniHound 1K 1MM, AA EXP 2MM, DL Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Ugh. Every time I fly into Terminal B I feel like I've ended up in Akron. Actually, that's insulting Akron because if Akron had an airport that sorry they'd do something about it.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
That's too bad. Terminal C has some nice food and beverage outlets.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 4:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
I've been avoiding LGA for the past several months. Is AA definitely consolidating in the legacy US terminal?
Old Oct 14, 2017, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Nov. 11 is the rumored date I heard.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 4:41 pm

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
I, too, have been avoiding LGA. With this move (I detest that terminal), my avoidance will probably become permanent.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 4:43 pm
Suspended

Arrow

Here's the thread where all this is all coming from, this post in particular:

http://www.airliners.net/forum/viewt...6019#p19880547
Old Oct 14, 2017, 7:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
So ... before I started avoiding LGA, Legacy American was in C & D of the Central Terminal. Legacy US flights were in that other terminal with Delta. To the extent that anything on airliners.net is reliable particularly when it's based on a discussion with a gate agent, it sounds like the gates that legacy US used to use are being turned over to Delta. It also sounds like the low-cost carriers who used A&B in the Central Terminal are heading to the Marine Air Terminal. So I presume American might be using some of A&B in the Central Terminal.

All these letters confuse me :-)

Last edited by C17PSGR; Oct 14, 2017 at 11:52 pm
Old Oct 14, 2017, 10:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
I've been avoiding LGA for the past several months. Is AA definitely consolidating in the legacy US terminal?
No it’s the exact opposite.....AA is vacating LUS operations in C.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 6:26 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
All these letters confuse me :-)
LGA was my home airport till last month and LAA’s “Concourse C” at Terminal B and LUS’s “Terminal C” has been source of frequent confusion by passengers. AA gates on Terminal B Concourse C numbered C1 – C10 and Terminal C gates numbered C37-C44 (both numbered as "C" gates) sure does not help. This is the reason AA passengers often getting dropped off at wrong terminal, and agents at inter-terminal bus always try to look at a boarding pass rather than simply take word from a passenger.

I do think for passengers without lounge access Terminal C do give feel of more open space and I think Terminal C provide more seats in gate area. Due to building of new CTB I also thought airlines will not do any gate swapping but wait till new CTB is completed.

I understand people’s opinion about LGA, that is one of main reasons there is total rebuilding of terminal building at LGA is current on the way. However, once I started to fly out of LGA as my home airport I quickly learned how typically LGA goes (specifically AA operation) and I did not think anything of LGA anymore. Possible that before LGA my home airport was LAX for 12 years could have helped getting used to LGA quickly. Trying to get in/out of LAX is no fun either.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 11:49 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb; AA EXP
Originally Posted by MGW2000
My biggest issue is actually Uber related.

Because of the Uber set up (or correspondingly long taxi line), I tend to fly out of LGA but into EWR from domestic LAA destinations (mainly MIA and DFW), but fly the AA shuttle every couple weeks to BOS.

This may make me switch to DL for the shuttle and other flights that currently tend to go in and out of C (RDU, etc.)
I've never flown into B. Is getting a Lyft (sorry, don't use Uber) a problem at that terminal versus terminal C?
Old Oct 15, 2017, 12:58 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by Score8
I've never flown into B. Is getting a Lyft (sorry, don't use Uber) a problem at that terminal versus terminal C?
Due to traffic congestion from construction, car services (including Lyft/Uber) are restricted (most of the day) from picking up at Terminal B. You need to take a bus to a remote location to meet your Lyft.

More details:
http://laguardiaairport.com/news/fhv-pick-up/
Old Oct 15, 2017, 3:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Getting either at LGA is a pain. There I've stopped trying. The cab line is usually faster and less confusing.
JonNYC likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 3:43 pm

American is basically moving the shuttles out of c into the main terminal. This is a huge huge downgrade and will make the American shuttle uncompetitive with delta. the main terminal is the single worst terminal in the country right now. It is impossible to get in for drop off. The security lines are brutal even with tsa and it is impossible to get picked up. Delta has spent tons of money making c and d fairly efficient terminals between Clear and the new bin system, plenty of eating choices etc.

I hope American is doing something to help with the security issue but I doubt it
Old Oct 15, 2017, 3:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by tennessetom
American is basically moving the shuttles out of c into the main terminal. This is a huge huge downgrade and will make the American shuttle uncompetitive with delta. the main terminal is the single worst terminal in the country right now. It is impossible to get in for drop off. The security lines are brutal even with tsa and it is impossible to get picked up. Delta has spent tons of money making c and d fairly efficient terminals between Clear and the new bin system, plenty of eating choices etc.

I hope American is doing something to help with the security issue but I doubt it
AA is more focused on PHL it seems :/
Old Oct 15, 2017, 4:04 pm

Philly is another horrid airport. I think they do pretty well out of Lga with connectioning passengers thru Dca and clt. Both of those cities have flown out of terminal c. My understanding is the shuttles will be moved to concourse d in the main terminal to be near the admirals club. I was told there are no current plans to add a second admirals club.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.