FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   ARCHIVE: Changing FFN / Frequent Flyer Number on AA Bookings (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1851835-archive-changing-ffn-frequent-flyer-number-aa-bookings.html)

SkyTeam777 Jun 21, 2016 5:05 am

Wow this is really interesting. With AA's new revenue earning program, I plan to credit to AS, but as an EXP using SWUs I am concerned about losing upgraded seats if I change prior to boarding or once on board. I know there are reports of it being successfully done, but curious to see how it works in recent months. I was even going to apply for a status match with Alaska, but surely there are lots of AA elites enjoying their EXP upgrades and crediting to Alaska. In the end, AA is still getting its revenue from the flight (minus cost of miles)?

milesandmoremiles Jun 21, 2016 6:09 am

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777 (Post 26808956)
Wow this is really interesting. With AA's new revenue earning program, I plan to credit to AS, but as an EXP using SWUs I am concerned about losing upgraded seats if I change prior to boarding or once on board. I know there are reports of it being successfully done, but curious to see how it works in recent months. I was even going to apply for a status match with Alaska, but surely there are lots of AA elites enjoying their EXP upgrades and crediting to Alaska. In the end, AA is still getting its revenue from the flight (minus cost of miles)?

If you have SWUs confirmed and then switch the FFP you should be fine. If they go to the airport list and you change FFPs then you'd be SOL

CherylD Aug 13, 2016 10:42 am

How to change it back to BA?

So, I was able to change the FF# to my AA#, but now I need to make a change or cancel my BA res. I can't seem to change it back. Both Finnair and RJ do not recognize either the new AA res# or the original BA one.

Any ideas?

suziemay Aug 30, 2016 9:22 am

Originally Posted by kulflyer (Post 25490707)
I did it by tweeting the AA team. Sent them the BA locator and they look up the AA locator, switch the FFP number and off I go.

I can confirm that the tweeting worked like a charm! I sent AA a DM via twitter with my AA record locator and my MPC FF# to add, and they confirmed update in literally 10 minutes. Amazing.

flyercity Nov 3, 2016 8:18 am

Tried to 'manage booking' with various OW carriers and they no longer recognize AA locater numbers. They return an error message.

Guess that all OW sites have now curtailed this function?

halflight Dec 1, 2016 4:15 pm

DP: Purchased an award ticket using AA miles on an ANC-SEA-DFW flight operated by AS and on AS metal back in August. Called AAdvantage today to ask them to change the ffn on the ticket from AA to AS so I can get my 2 free checked bags through AS. CSR told me it wasn't letting her, she put me on hold while she called the help desk. When she came back, she told me because it was an award ticket purchased with AA miles, the AS number wasn't showing up where she thought it would be, but that it was definitely associated with the reservation.

Being somewhat skeptical, I pulled up the res again on my end, and now the ffn field is blank, and I have the option to select any awards program and input my number. I was able to successfully enter my AS ffn, which is now reflected on the res.

davidtai Jan 31, 2017 12:28 am

Changing FF# when your upgrade cleared or used other AA benefit?

Is it allowed for AA elites to change their FF# after they're got their upgrade cleared?

After the major change of the AA program into a revenue based mileage earning this year, discount fare would earn you fewer miles when you decided to credit those miles to AA. So I am consider switching out of AA after burning up my last 2 SWUs.

The scenairo is I've request for a SWU for LAX-HKG flight on both legs
Let's say I've got the upgrade clear for my outbound flight. Can I change the FF# and credit those miles to another FFP (e.g. Asia Miles since both C or A fare can earn 100% miles flown) after that?

Another question is will the timestamp of my request for the upgrade of the inbound flight be erased once I changed the FF# right before my outbound flight?

G-CIVC Jan 31, 2017 2:12 am

Originally Posted by davidtai (Post 27842880)
Is it allowed for AA elites to change their FF# after they're got their upgrade cleared?

After the major change of the AA program into a revenue based mileage earning this year, discount fare would earn you fewer miles when you decided to credit those miles to AA. So I am consider switching out of AA after burning up my last 2 SWUs.

The scenairo is I've request for a SWU for LAX-HKG flight on both legs
Let's say I've got the upgrade clear for my outbound flight. Can I change the FF# and credit those miles to another FFP (e.g. Asia Miles since both C or A fare can earn 100% miles flown) after that?

Yes but it will credit based on original fare class (so beware if O class)

Another question is will the timestamp of my request for the upgrade of the inbound flight be erased once I changed the FF# right before my outbound flight?
No.

zoombee Jan 31, 2017 3:45 am

Many thanks to op for asking and to G-CIVC for a clear reply. I have a DONEx and expiring SWUs so wanted to do the same (use an SWU for an upgrade then credit to Alaska or BA instead of AA) & wasn't sure I could so it's great to just find an answer appear on ft a day later ;)

davidtai Jan 31, 2017 4:06 am

Another problem is will this action pull you down on the list since you've had swtiched to another FF# and become nobody instead of an elite on AA as a punishment for not being loyal and faithful to AA?

Or I can put my AA# back to the reservation once I've flown my outbound flight and do the same thing to the inbound flight if my upgrade was cleared too lol?

flyalways Jan 31, 2017 6:24 am

Originally Posted by davidtai (Post 27843398)
Another problem is will this action pull you down on the list since you've had swtiched to another FF# and become nobody instead of an elite on AA as a punishment for not being loyal and faithful to AA?

Or I can put my AA# back to the reservation once I've flown my outbound flight and do the same thing to the inbound flight if my upgrade was cleared too lol?

There is a way to do this per flight if the agent knows how to do it !
Good luck finding knowledgeable agent :-)

Centurion Jan 31, 2017 7:18 am

Just wait for an audit of the premium cabin

NOTE: the current thread is

Change FFN / frequent flyer number on AA booking? (master thread)

/Moderator