FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   ARCHIVE: Changing FFN / Frequent Flyer Number on AA Bookings (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1851835-archive-changing-ffn-frequent-flyer-number-aa-bookings.html)

manord Mar 2, 2013 10:23 am

ARCHIVE: Changing FFN / Frequent Flyer Number on AA Bookings

How can I change the FF number associated with an AA reservation - ideally online rather than by calling or at the airport? (e.g. to swap out an AA number for a BAEC one.)

manord Mar 2, 2013 3:01 pm

Thanks. I forgot the quotes on FF when I searched before posting.

However, I may be mis-reading but I'm not sure that thread (nor the ones it links to) actually answer the question.

Cash booking on AA.com, all AA flights (i.e. no BA element). AA FF number entered at time of booking. How to later change that to BAEC number? Yes, I can call, but is there an online way?

milehighj Mar 25, 2013 4:49 am

Can't change FFP number on AA.com?

I made a booking on Travelocity.com with an itin starting with EK sectors followed by AA sectors (op. by BA).

The first surprise, having made this exact kind of booking before, was that Travelocity only allowed the input of specifically EK and AA FFP numbers, whereas in the past I was able to input my BAEC number without a problem.

Nonetheless I then was able to retrieve the booking on AA.com, but am still unable to change the FFP number (which was greyed out), and carries only my EK number which is meaningless in this case. Again, the last time I did this journey I seem to recall being able to amend FFP details on AA.com.

The third surprise is that I've actually called AA reservations and had them input by BA number (at which point the agent overwrote the EK number). I now see the correct BA number on AA.com, but the booking still hasn't ported over to BA.com (which, again, it did in the past).

Not that I'm overly bothered, but it's nice to have the FFP details in place and reduce the possibility of missing mileage claims later... :confused:

Oxymore Oct 3, 2013 7:59 am

Originally Posted by milehighj (Post 20477885)
I made a booking on Travelocity.com with an itin starting with EK sectors followed by AA sectors (op. by BA).

The first surprise, having made this exact kind of booking before, was that Travelocity only allowed the input of specifically EK and AA FFP numbers, whereas in the past I was able to input my BAEC number without a problem.

Nonetheless I then was able to retrieve the booking on AA.com, but am still unable to change the FFP number (which was greyed out), and carries only my EK number which is meaningless in this case. Again, the last time I did this journey I seem to recall being able to amend FFP details on AA.com.

The third surprise is that I've actually called AA reservations and had them input by BA number (at which point the agent overwrote the EK number). I now see the correct BA number on AA.com, but the booking still hasn't ported over to BA.com (which, again, it did in the past).

Not that I'm overly bothered, but it's nice to have the FFP details in place and reduce the possibility of missing mileage claims later... :confused:

Bump! Is there a way to change the FFP number online on a AA reservation? or at least at OLCI?

imapilotaz Oct 3, 2013 8:20 am

Just call AA or BA. Ive had no issues adding or dropping it

Phasers Oct 3, 2013 8:22 am

Finnair website?

imapilotaz Oct 3, 2013 8:38 am

Originally Posted by Phasers (Post 21546799)
Finnair website?

Ive actually for the last few times be unable to on their website... just call in and it takes 2 mins

hillrider Oct 3, 2013 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by imapilotaz (Post 21546912)
just call in and it takes 2 mins

I doubt that the non-EXP line "takes 2 mins". OP is oneworld emerald through BA, and oneworld does not provide reciprocal elite line privileges, so he's treated by AA call centers as if he isn't even a frequent flyer.

imapilotaz Oct 3, 2013 4:26 pm

2 mins after talking with someone... better?

Originally Posted by hillrider (Post 21548529)

Originally Posted by imapilotaz (Post 21546912)
just call in and it takes 2 mins

I doubt that the non-EXP line "takes 2 mins". OP is oneworld emerald through BA, and oneworld does not provide reciprocal elite line privileges, so he's treated by AA call centers as if he isn't even a frequent flyer.

Rus925 Dec 3, 2013 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by hillrider (Post 21548529)

Actually, when I was BA Gold, when I'd call AA and give my reservation number that already had my BA number in it, I was always auto-routed to the EXP line. YMMV.

mgcsinc Feb 10, 2014 1:07 pm

I asked a question in the oneworld Sapphire benefits thread about using my new (matched) airberlin status on AA. The side issue of getting the airberlin number into my existing AA reservation (currently booked using my AAdvantage number) came up. So, I though I would ask on this thread (since it's more relevant and since there was never an answer here) to make extra-special sure: If I call reservations and have the FF number on the reservation changed to my airberlin number (which has oneworld Sapphire status), the reservation will then be properly treated as having that status, right?

I has this unhelpful twitter exchange with @AmericanAir:
Me: Can I change the FF num on an existing res to get my onewolrd Sapphire benefits? Can it be done online or must I call

Them: You'll need to call Reservations for help getting that changed at 800-433-7300.

Me: Great, thanks for the quick reply. To confirm, I'll be able to make the change & get MCE, etc., through my ow Sapphire status?

Them: Reservations can verify that info for you too.
Can someone just confirm for me that this will all work and that I'll be able to update the FF number. It seems obvious that I would be able to, but you never know, and it would be nice to get the info from someone here rather than waiting on hold for an eternity. Thanks!

Centurion Nov 15, 2014 12:11 pm

What FF # to use with no status? US/AA/BA

Wife has no status on US/AA/BA and bought first/biz class flt from USA to CDG on BA website that is AA flights. BA has a special offer now that gives you 20,000 bonus but wife has 14,000 Div Qualifying miles on USAir and this trip would add another 1.5 x aprox 10K div qualifying miles will make her only Silver on USAir that will be upped to Gold on AA in 2015. What ff would you use? Go for Silver on USAir? BA for bonus avois? AA Advantage bonus +challenge.

bdemaria Nov 15, 2014 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by Centurion (Post 23846542)
Wife has no status on US/AA//BA and bought first/biz class flt from USA to CDG on BA website that is AA flights. BA has a special offer now that gives you 20,000 bonus but wife has 14,000 us air miles year to date so another 10,000 miles will not make her US/AA elite. What ff would you use? BA for bonus avois? Or hope US//Aa forgiving on requirement for elite?

AA/US has a premium cabin bonus between now and the end of year for TATL that will earn her 20K RDM for the flight.

I don't see why AA would "forgive" the elite requirement. However, if she ends up w/c. 24,000 elite qualifying miles - she might be able to "boost" to status.

Depending on where she's starting from in the US - on a paid F/J fare - you might consider signing up and paying the fee for a "Platinum Challenge" on AA. It requires 10,000 EQP - and she would have PLT status through Feb. 2016.

aztimm Nov 15, 2014 1:04 pm

You could sign her up for the US or AA trial sometime prior to the flights. I think that might be enough miles to reach US Silver/AA Gold.

guv1976 Nov 15, 2014 2:34 pm

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

"What ff would you use?"

That depends very much on what your intended redemptions are. ;)