FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   ARCHIVE: Changing FFN / Frequent Flyer Number on AA Bookings (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1851835-archive-changing-ffn-frequent-flyer-number-aa-bookings.html)

italdesign Nov 21, 2014 9:57 pm

I understand how to change to another OneWorld FFP#, but how about if I want to change to a non-OW #, like AS. Is it possible to take care of it myself online? I will call/tweet if and only if must.

italdesign Nov 24, 2014 4:18 pm

How to change AA reservation frequent flyer number (consolidated)

I have a purely AA booking: booked on AA.com, and all flights are on AA. I want to change my FFP# to another oneworld program. I know I can do it on Finnair.com, and I have the AA PNR, but all these systems do not recognize it:

-Finnair.com
-VirtuallyThere.com
-BA.com

I know the issue is AA uses SABRE and Finnair needs the Amadeus PNR. I have read about the BA.com translation method but it doesn't recognize my AA PNR. Neither does VirtuallyThere.com.

Any other self service suggestions?

_kurt Nov 24, 2014 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by italdesign (Post 23892041)
I have a purely AA booking: booked on AA.com, and all flights are on AA. I want to change my FFP# to another oneworld program. I know I can do it on Finnair.com, and I have the AA PNR, but all these systems do not recognize it:

-Finnair.com
-VirtuallyThere.com
-BA.com

I know the issue is AA uses SABRE and Finnair needs the Amadeus PNR. I have read about the BA.com translation method but it doesn't recognize my AA PNR. Neither does VirtuallyThere.com.

Any other self service suggestions?

If all your flights are on AA, why would you have an Amadeus PNR at all? I don't think they are even generated in that situation. Or maybe I'm oversimplifying.

italdesign Nov 24, 2014 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by _kurt (Post 23893539)
If all your flights are on AA, why would you have an Amadeus PNR at all? I don't think they are even generated in that situation. Or maybe I'm oversimplifying.

So there's no way to change FFP# on Finnair.com if you have a purely AA booking?

Microwave Nov 25, 2014 7:50 am

This thread was split out of another not-quite-related thread into its own.

~Moderator

Microwave Nov 25, 2014 7:51 am

Originally Posted by italdesign (Post 23893624)
So there's no way to change FFP# on Finnair.com if you have a purely AA booking?

If you've got an AA booking with just AA flights, as you've stated, you're not going to have an Amadeus booking at all. Therefore no tools that use Amadeus will see your reservation.

Call AA to have your FF# changed. Bob's your uncle.

italdesign Nov 25, 2014 11:19 am

OK, thanks for confirming.

pssteve Nov 25, 2014 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by Microwave (Post 23895133)

Call AA to have your FF# changed. Bob's your uncle.

Not as easy as it sounds at least for 1 EXP agent today. After telling me it couldn't be done, I'd lose my already issued SWU's and I'd have to pay for checked luggage he somehow made the change happen (he said) but I have not confirmed that it really went thru.:(

carlosdca Nov 26, 2014 1:14 am

Originally Posted by pssteve (Post 23899377)
I'd lose my already issued SWU's

Is your SWU on waitlist or confirmed?
Once your SWU upgrade clears, you get a new Ticket.
In order for they to take away the SWU from you they would have to re-ticket you in economy, which is not just 2 clicks, so I don't think that anything was done to your upgraded ticket just by trying to change your FF number.

There is a another option talked about here a lot. Hang up and try another agent.

Worst case scenario, you can keep everything as it is and try to change your FF at the airport, ONLY for the outbound (if possible).

pssteve Nov 26, 2014 8:21 pm

The SWU's were previously confirmed and seem to have worked out today as we checked in on line and all 3 segments are good as booked months ago and US # shows for FFP. Will need to get someone to undo it for BA flights as they won't help with US trial and need those miles for AA plat.

DC777Fan Dec 29, 2014 7:53 am

Is there a good way to get a BA/Amadeus locator for flights that do include BA and QF? Other than calling AA...

pssteve Dec 29, 2014 9:46 am

Originally Posted by pssteve (Post 23904317)
The SWU's were previously confirmed and seem to have worked out today as we checked in on line and all 3 segments are good as booked months ago and US # shows for FFP. Will need to get someone to undo it for BA flights as they won't help with US trial and need those miles for AA plat.

Further update: Was not able to find anyone at AC who could separate the BA flights back to AA. Five of six segments credited to US. Flight #51 LHR-DFW shows in US acc't. but with note "Class book is invalid for carrier". Class was C on AA so not sure what the issue is.:( Will call US shortly.

trvllvr123 Dec 29, 2014 11:29 am

Bit of a further question on this. I currently have my Cathay gold card in my booking, for free seat selection and luggage. Will I be able to change to FF number at the airport to BA as I would like to collect avios (one way flight only). If not it isn't a major worry as I will only lose 1500 avios and I think I should get sufficient tier points from other flights to reach ba bronze.

Dave Noble Dec 29, 2014 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by pssteve (Post 24067373)
Further update: Was not able to find anyone at AC who could separate the BA flights back to AA. Five of six segments credited to US. Flight #51 LHR-DFW shows in US acc't. but with note "Class book is invalid for carrier". Class was C on AA so not sure what the issue is.:( Will call US shortly.

Probably because at http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid...nAirlines.html , C is not a class listed as eligible for miles and for some reason the system did not correctly pick up on the underlying pre-upgraded class

Arsey00 Dec 29, 2014 1:08 pm

Is it possible to change FF numbers, whether online, at the airport or by calling in, after having flown part of the trip? Rather than trying to get the agent to add different numbers to different legs?