Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide to Admirals Club Food / Snack & Beverage

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 12, 2016, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DenverBrian
The Consolidated Admirals Club Food and Beverage thread
Including F&B policies, offerings, etc.
For 2016 onward, we have combined the "State of the Soup" and "Drink and Spirits" threads into one F&B thread.

NOTE: Link to Flagship Dining

Food policy and offerings

New offerings in certain locations:
  • Fresh, made-to-order guacamole
  • Premium coffee, espresso & lattes
Morning:
  • Hard-boiled eggs & spice bar
  • Oatmeal, cereal & spices
  • Assorted fruit & yogurt
  • Bagels & breakfast breads
Afternoon:
  • Hearty soups
  • Fresh & healthy grain salads
  • Vegetables, hummus & cheese
  • Cookies & brownies
All hours:
Fruit, snack mix,
Food for sale
Guacamole made to order (as of July 15, 2016)

Some clubs now feature a complimentary made-to-order guacamole bar in the afternoons.

Ingredients from which to chose:
  • avocado
  • tomatoes
  • onions
  • jalapeño or serrano (location-dependent)
  • lime
  • garlic
  • cilantro
  • salsa (at some locations)
  • corn salsa
  • salt and pepper
Status per club:
  • ATL - not available [current as of December 28, 2016]
  • BOS - (started 9 Dec 2016)
  • CLT B - not available
  • CLT C/D - hours 4pm-7pm Mon-Fri, Sat-Sun ???
  • DCA (Pier B) - hours 4pm-7pm Wed-Fri ONLY (confirmed 12-19-2017)
  • DCA (Pier C) - hours 4pm-7pm Mon-Fri, 1pm-4pm Sun (not available Sat per new signage 9/15/17)
  • DEN - not available
  • DFW B - hours Mon-Sat 3pm-6pm
  • DFW C - hours Mon-Sun 4pm-7pm
  • DFW D - hours Mon-Sun 4pm-7pm
  • JFK C - (observed multiple occasions)
  • LAX (observed 08 Dec 2016)
  • LGA - (observed March 2017) - hours unknown
  • MIA D30 - (observed 10 Jan 2017)
  • ORD G - (observed 19 Dec 2016)
  • PHL B/C - (observed 27 Dec 2016, 1 Jan 2017 until about 6pm)
  • PHX - (observed 10 Dec 2016)
  • RDU - not available
  • SFO - (observed 4 January 2017)
  • STL - not available
Updated by scottmlew
Beverage policy and offerings
  • Complimentary juices, soft drinks
    • Complimentary "lower shelf" alcoholic beverages
      • Complimentary premium drinks (chits): oneworld elites or in F, J on qualifying flights
        • For sale: "top shelf" alcoholic beverages, bottles of water to Admirals Club members
"House drinks" (lower shelf alcoholic and soft drinks, juices) are complimentary.

Premium drinks (including bottled water, handled by issuing bar chits) are:
  • complimentary for those with status or class of cabin that allows oneworld lounge access (see oneworld lounge access rules - link), or
    • available for sale for Admirals Club members and others accessing Admirals Clubs but not in the above categories.
See Admirals Club Treasure Hunt (drink chit / chits / coupons, etc.) master thread 2016+

Link to archived Admirals Club Dinks and Spirits thread

Link to archived "State of the Soup" thread

Updated 27 Jan 2027 - JDiver
Print Wikipost

Guide to Admirals Club Food / Snack & Beverage

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2016, 8:10 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
At JFK B club right now and noticed coffee is now La Colombe, when did this happen? Huge improvement IMO.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 8:32 am

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum; Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
At JFK B club right now and noticed coffee is now La Colombe, when did this happen? Huge improvement IMO.
NICE! Huge improvement.

Also noticed that they've replaced the mini carrots with shaved real carrots.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 9:38 am

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Same at ORD.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 1:41 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Rebob
The other soup at ORD was the Coconut Chicken Curry.
And it was very good today.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 2:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by thecurtisw
Guacamole bar was at CLT both times I was there this past week. The second time, there was a banner that read, "Made to Order Guacamole. Complimentary Every Afternoon." So it sounds like it'll be a daily thing, at least for the near future since they actually printed a banner saying so. Quite happy about this addition!
Guac bar still in CLT as of this past weekend. Long line - didn't have time to wait as there was only one bartender and she was sloooooow.

Wish the bigger ACs had a soft drink fountain like some of the bigger SkyClubs do. Would alleviate a lot of the congestion at the bar.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 7:52 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
New Admirals Club La Colombe Coffee (Nov 2016)

Surprised there hasn't been a news release or email of any sort from AA. Heck AA made a huge deal before when they got the Nescafe Allegria machines and years ago when they got Maxwell House (!), surprised we have heard anything yet.

Noticed that both the BOS B36/LAA and ORD H/K clubs have La Columbe, both with several varieties and cards describing the profile and tasting notes of the brews. Guessing this may just be a pilot at a few locations in cities with La Columbe locations. I have not yet been to the cafe at South Station, but wasn't overly pleased with the taste I had in both clubs.

https://www.lacolombe.com
Old Nov 14, 2016, 7:56 am

This is great news! I was just appreciating the Starbucks machines in the Delta lounges this week and was wondering when AA would step up the coffee game in the Admirals Club.

After that WSJ article on the tank water used in-flight coffee I only drink coffee on the ground.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 8:00 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by CityFlyerNYC
This is great news! I was just appreciating the Starbucks machines in the Delta lounges this week and was wondering when AA would step up the coffee game in the Admirals Club.

After that WSJ article on the tank water used in-flight coffee I only drink coffee on the ground.
Good to hear. Do you frequent their cafes? I guess what I had at ORD just wasn't memorable and/or the Sodexo employees didn't properly brew and serve it. AA did get new thermal carafes however.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 8:36 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by AAerSTL
Good to hear. Do you frequent their cafes? I guess what I had at ORD just wasn't memorable and/or the Sodexo employees didn't properly brew and serve it. AA did get new thermal carafes however.
Unfortunately, I am sure that what they are able to brew in the clubs won't ever match the quality of what is served in their retail locations (which I find quite good)... but I always found the Nescafe undrinkable so this is great news!
Old Nov 14, 2016, 8:38 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by dw
I always found the Nescafe undrinkable so this is great news!
Yes, the Nescafe machines are horrid. I had to correct someone once who was queued up with me for it: "just so you're prepared, these machines don't actually 'make' coffee..." Anything that can concoct a cappuccino that tastes even moderately better would be great in my book.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by AAerSTL
That's too bad. I've been to their cafes and a bunch of offices in NYC now have them. Definitely not as omnipresent as the K-Cup but good stuff.

Either way AA needs to step up the coffee game. The Starbucks mocha-frapa-machine they have in the Delta lounges is great. And they have to go cups!
Old Nov 14, 2016, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by CityFlyerNYC
That's too bad. I've been to their cafes and a bunch of offices in NYC now have them. Definitely not as omnipresent as the K-Cup but good stuff.

Either way AA needs to step up the coffee game. The Starbucks mocha-frapa-machine they have in the Delta lounges is great. And they have to go cups!
Agreed with UA having Illy, AS/DL SBUX, B6 Dunkin' AA really needs to step up their game. The onboard espresso/cappuccino should be streamlined IMO and offered also on the 77D/772. LUS gives it to all pax on the 332/333, LAA is only A321T/77W F and also J to SYD.

DL allowing you to carry-out coffee is new. All the DL clubs I've been to strictly enforce no outside food & drink consumed inside the club, and no club food carried out. They do have paper espresso cups but I haven't seen full size carry out cups.

I'll have to go give this place a try one day.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 11:41 am

Programs: US CP, UA *G; SPG Plat, Hilton Gold; Natl Exec, Hertz PC
I posted in the Admirals Club thread that PHL had La Colombe at least since September 18. PHL was probably the pilot, which makes sense since the company started there. So I'm guessing this is being rolled out to all clubs (others posted about JFK and ORD).

PHL also had a new machine that replaced the Nescafe around the same time, but it's been broken for at least 2 weeks.

Which AA lounge doesn't have to go cups? I thought most of them do, as does UA.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 11:47 am

Programs: AA-Gold 0.425MM), AS MVP Gold, National EE, Marriott Titanium (LT-G), UA Silver
Has this been seen in the DCA lounges yet?
Old Nov 14, 2016, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by flightrisk
I posted in the Admirals Club thread that PHL had La Colombe at least since September 18. PHL was probably the pilot, which makes sense since the company started there. So I'm guessing this is being rolled out to all clubs (others posted about JFK and ORD).

PHL also had a new machine that replaced the Nescafe around the same time, but it's been broken for at least 2 weeks.

Which AA lounge doesn't have to go cups? I thought most of them do, as does UA.
All AA clubs have 8-10 oz to go containers with lids. DL, in my experience does not and even has signage indicating that paper SBUX espresso shot cups are not to be removed from the club. Seen this at BOS A7, ATL Centerport, B, F, and PBI.

BOS & ORD did not have syrups. Just decorative caraffes, but ORD had a few cards with descriptions and tasting notes.

Probably would be well received and effective self promotion if they sent reps to demo more of their products.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.