Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide to Admirals Club Food / Snack & Beverage

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 12, 2016, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DenverBrian
The Consolidated Admirals Club Food and Beverage thread
Including F&B policies, offerings, etc.
For 2016 onward, we have combined the "State of the Soup" and "Drink and Spirits" threads into one F&B thread.

NOTE: Link to Flagship Dining

Food policy and offerings

New offerings in certain locations:
  • Fresh, made-to-order guacamole
  • Premium coffee, espresso & lattes
Morning:
  • Hard-boiled eggs & spice bar
  • Oatmeal, cereal & spices
  • Assorted fruit & yogurt
  • Bagels & breakfast breads
Afternoon:
  • Hearty soups
  • Fresh & healthy grain salads
  • Vegetables, hummus & cheese
  • Cookies & brownies
All hours:
Fruit, snack mix,
Food for sale
Guacamole made to order (as of July 15, 2016)

Some clubs now feature a complimentary made-to-order guacamole bar in the afternoons.

Ingredients from which to chose:
  • avocado
  • tomatoes
  • onions
  • jalapeño or serrano (location-dependent)
  • lime
  • garlic
  • cilantro
  • salsa (at some locations)
  • corn salsa
  • salt and pepper
Status per club:
  • ATL - not available [current as of December 28, 2016]
  • BOS - (started 9 Dec 2016)
  • CLT B - not available
  • CLT C/D - hours 4pm-7pm Mon-Fri, Sat-Sun ???
  • DCA (Pier B) - hours 4pm-7pm Wed-Fri ONLY (confirmed 12-19-2017)
  • DCA (Pier C) - hours 4pm-7pm Mon-Fri, 1pm-4pm Sun (not available Sat per new signage 9/15/17)
  • DEN - not available
  • DFW B - hours Mon-Sat 3pm-6pm
  • DFW C - hours Mon-Sun 4pm-7pm
  • DFW D - hours Mon-Sun 4pm-7pm
  • JFK C - (observed multiple occasions)
  • LAX (observed 08 Dec 2016)
  • LGA - (observed March 2017) - hours unknown
  • MIA D30 - (observed 10 Jan 2017)
  • ORD G - (observed 19 Dec 2016)
  • PHL B/C - (observed 27 Dec 2016, 1 Jan 2017 until about 6pm)
  • PHX - (observed 10 Dec 2016)
  • RDU - not available
  • SFO - (observed 4 January 2017)
  • STL - not available
Updated by scottmlew
Beverage policy and offerings
  • Complimentary juices, soft drinks
    • Complimentary "lower shelf" alcoholic beverages
      • Complimentary premium drinks (chits): oneworld elites or in F, J on qualifying flights
        • For sale: "top shelf" alcoholic beverages, bottles of water to Admirals Club members
"House drinks" (lower shelf alcoholic and soft drinks, juices) are complimentary.

Premium drinks (including bottled water, handled by issuing bar chits) are:
  • complimentary for those with status or class of cabin that allows oneworld lounge access (see oneworld lounge access rules - link), or
    • available for sale for Admirals Club members and others accessing Admirals Clubs but not in the above categories.
See Admirals Club Treasure Hunt (drink chit / chits / coupons, etc.) master thread 2016+

Link to archived Admirals Club Dinks and Spirits thread

Link to archived "State of the Soup" thread

Updated 27 Jan 2027 - JDiver
Print Wikipost

Guide to Admirals Club Food / Snack & Beverage

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2016, 7:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
At ORD and CLT this week, the broccoli cheddar soup is still around. It's delicious, but it seems like it's time for a change...

Originally Posted by HofstraJet
Wish the bigger ACs had a soft drink fountain like some of the bigger SkyClubs do. Would alleviate a lot of the congestion at the bar.
Didn't the old US Airways clubs have them?
Old Nov 16, 2016, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
SFO AC Carbonated Beverages are on the fritz

Looks like all carbonated beverages are not available. The whole system is down so no scotch & soda either. "Maintenance has been called".
Old Nov 16, 2016, 2:59 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by AAerSTL
Surprised there hasn't been a news release or email of any sort from AA. Heck AA made a huge deal before when they got the Nescafe Allegria machines and years ago when they got Maxwell House (!), surprised we have heard anything yet.

Noticed that both the BOS B36/LAA and ORD H/K clubs have La Columbe, both with several varieties and cards describing the profile and tasting notes of the brews. Guessing this may just be a pilot at a few locations in cities with La Columbe locations. I have not yet been to the cafe at South Station, but wasn't overly pleased with the taste I had in both clubs.

https://www.lacolombe.com
MIA has one as well! I used it in August and it was awesome! So much better! I asked when they were expected to arrive in other clubs and no one seems to have an answer.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 4:27 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA PLAT, DL PLAT, EK SILVER
Haven't been in the AC in LAX for a few weeks now (mix of TBIT/T6 departures and/or just not getting to the airport early), but this would be so so welcome. Would make those 6am departures that much more palatable (especially given the relative lack of good coffee in T4).

I'm sure someone will hate on this and say the Dunkin in T4 is good...but to each their own!
Old Nov 16, 2016, 4:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by PaceLaw2009
Has this been seen in the DCA lounges yet?
Yes it was available in DCA-C this past weekend.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 5:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Changed guac hours at CLT C

I just stopped by the B AC in CLT to see if they had added guac, and the front desk agent said that they hadn't and that it was closed already at C. He then told me they changed the hours to 3-6 (from 430-730). Terrible, imho. At least I found out before heading over there (I landed in B and depart from right near the B AC)
Old Nov 22, 2016, 3:38 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat CK 4.0M+; Delta DM; Marriott Ambassador; Hyatt Globalist
At the AC this afternoon, saw the person making this, and got in a line (2 others in front of me) and got a serving. Its not made from scratch, but you can specify what you want going into it. A good change of pace from typical AC fare. Left a small tip for the person.

They do it between 3pm and 6pm daily and its complimentary

would love to see this in other places as well
Old Nov 22, 2016, 4:20 pm

What kind of ingredients?
Old Nov 22, 2016, 4:25 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum, DL Gold
I saw this in the AC last week as well. Not the greatest guac in the world by any stretch of the imagination but nice to see them changing things up.

I also remember seeing something about how AA is going to be rolling this out to other clubs and that made-to-order guacamole is going to be a standard offering as part of their club enhancements (don't remember timeline off the top of my head).

Re: the above comment, ingredients that you could request were red onions, garlic, jalapenos, tomatoes, and salsa on the side (I think I'm missing one or two more)
Old Nov 22, 2016, 6:50 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, SPG PLT, Marriott PLT, Shangri-La Diamond
According to the Admirals club website (which is the landing page when you log on in the AC and I just glanced at it), this is a new amenity: https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...e=admiralsclub

However, when I was at DFW (A) and LAX (T4) over the past week - no guac was to be found!

So I tweeted (https://twitter.com/BrettFisher1/sta...71938017026048) AA about it, and evidently DFW (D) and CLT have guac, but nowhere else *yet*. I did receive this DM in reply:

We're currently offering the fresh made guacamole in our CLT and DFW Clubs. We'll be rolling it out in other Clubs starting on 12/15 just in time for a green guacamole holiday season! Keep an eye out for it coming soon to MIA, SFO, LAX (T4), JFK, PHL (B, C, and A-West), ORD (H/K and G), PHX (A and B), LGA (B), DCA, and BOS. Now if you'll excuse us, we're on our way to find some guac and chips for ourselves! It's 5 o'clock somewhere.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 8:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
I posted in another thread, but this appears to be a good place to repeat the info -- the CLT C club has changes the hours for the guac from 430-730 to 300-600. I much prefer the old time period.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 3:27 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
I had a serving from the DFW D Club a couple of weeks ago.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 9:12 am

I saw the guacamole booth at the DFW AC the other day but the line was soooo long that I didn't bother lining up to try it.
Hopefully this will expand into more food offerings in the ACs!
Old Nov 23, 2016, 9:42 am

Programs: DL DM MM, AA EXP, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by corky
I eat Mexican food often. ....very few places make it table side to order. The AC is not a restaurant. I doubt that fresh guacamole and chips would sit out for hours. ..people would eat it.
I just don't see the point of a line forming while a person peels and chops avacodo one by one for each person rather than making a batch in the kitchen and putting it out. But I guess that's just me. . The AC is not even close to a restaurant so I prefer speed and convenience. ..I don't expect gourmet anything and even at a restaurant I don't expect everyone at the table to want their guacamole prepared a different way .
I'm not objecting to guacamole. ...it's great. I don't want to wait in line to have it prepared especially for me.
What? Where are you eating Mexican food?

This is both very common and very quick. Every moderately upscale Mex restaurant I can think of makes tableside guac these days and it doesn't take anywhere close to 10 min. We often have more than one order prepared different ways and even that doesn't take 10 minutes. I prefer mine spicy with no chopped tomatoes while others prefer milder.

However, FWIW, my favorite Mexican restaurant (by a wide margin) is Los Dos Molinos in Phoenix and their guac is an after thought that I'd never order. Carne adovado enchilda dinner with green for me...

I'd personally be all over this in an AC and it would actually be something worth waiting a few minutes for occasionally.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by corky
I just don't see the point of a line forming [b]while a person peels and chops avacodo one by one[b] for each person rather than making a batch in the kitchen and putting it out.
The avocados are pre-peeled and chopped...then they are mixed with the other ingredients. So it goes rather quickly, in my experience. It is a tradeoff between waiting (boo!) and having everyone get the ingredients and spiciness that they want (yay!). I happen to think it is a nice trade, because there is no way that the default offering would have as much jalapeno or garlic as I like.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.