Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2018 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2018 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2018, 9:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by DALtoAAL

I'm on ZRH-PHL in few weeks and I have the below options and frankly, none of these appeal to me. Any experiences about these choices?

• Choose later Choose
  • Goat Cheese Stuffed Gnocchi Goat Cheese Stuffed Gnocchi
    basil pesto, garden peas, Romanesco, artichokes
  • Slow Cooked Short Ribs Slow Cooked Short Ribs
    barbecue sauce, creamy mashed potatoes, sautéed spinach, pumpkin wedges
  • Moroccan Chicken Moroccan Chicken
    ras el hanout jus, couscous, baby carrots
  • Seared Turbot Seared Turbot selected
    mint matcha vinaigrette, cauliflower rice, sautéed pak choy, cucumber
I've got the same options on my upcoming CDG-ORD flight in a couple weeks. I'll probably go with the short ribs. Hopefully the lounge at CDG will have some good food options. Though I realize CRH has pretty slim lounge options for OW flyers.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by swingaling
I've got the same options on my upcoming CDG-ORD flight in a couple weeks. I'll probably go with the short ribs. Hopefully the lounge at CDG will have some good food options. Though I realize CRH has pretty slim lounge options for OW flyers.
Re: CDG, I’ve generally found the CX lounge to be more than pleasant.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 10:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP; (HP-FF>US DM - RIP);Marriott Lifetime Plat and a bunch of others
AA90 ORD to LHR next month and here's the menu:

Anyone know what the Banana Bread entails and how's the omelette? Since the flight leaves at 9am and arrives at 10:45pm was kind of hoping for less breakfast and more of a meal......
Old Apr 13, 2018, 10:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by swingaling
Don't do it! Had the short ribs ex-CDG last week. The dish was vile. These are NOT short ribs. I'm going to try the Moroccan chicken this week. It looked pretty good.

Originally Posted by tomofmaine
Re: CDG, I’ve generally found the CX lounge to be more than pleasant.
At CDG the AA lounge is better when it comes to food options. The CX noodle bar doesn't open until after the AA fights have left.

Last edited by justforfun; Apr 13, 2018 at 11:00 pm
Old Apr 13, 2018, 10:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by talkandfly

Anyone know what the Banana Bread entails and how's the omelette? Since the flight leaves at 9am and arrives at 10:45pm was kind of hoping for less breakfast and more of a meal......
looks like they've provided a couple breakfast options and a couple lunch options. Personally for that flight given the timing I'd probably have breakfast either before leaving or at the lounge and have either the Shrimp and Grits (which is odd/scary that they would have a Thai curry on what is typically a non-thai dish...take one for the team ) or Charcuterie Plate and ask to have the meal later in the flight so you can eat at a time more closely aligned with dinner in LHR.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 11:20 pm

I have no idea, but that banana thing sounds excellent. May have to go find a recipe for something similar.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 4:52 am

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Originally Posted by justforfun
Don't do it! Had the short ribs ex-CDG last week. The dish was vile. These are NOT short ribs. I'm going to try the Moroccan chicken this week. It looked pretty good.
Had the Moroccan chicken the other night. It was fine, for me. A hammered out, skinless chicken cutlet, which makes a lot of sense in the air (the very different Moroccan chicken out of LHR, which has been appearing from time to time over years, still has its skin on, which is invariably flabby and inedible). The sauce (served on the side) picks a punch — if you're sensitive to acidity, you may find even the smell of it too much. Nice crisp, perfectly boiled veg. Risotto was mushy and dull.

I drank the Argentinian Kaiken Ultra Cabernet Sauvignon Leyenda with it, which actually is the first wine ever I've been served in AA business that inspired me to fire off an e-mail to my wine merchant for a couple of bottles to drink at home.

But I can't believe that bizarre and ghastly manchego and melon carpaccio appetizer is still there. It would be a horrible idea even when freshly prepared. After a few hours in the fridge, the manchego is sweaty and dried out where it's exposed, and mushy and yukky where it's been covered by the melon. The fact that it's slightly less awful than her raw potato "blini" doesn't make it acceptable.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 6:35 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First

these all sound like awful breakfast/brunch options ugh
Old Apr 14, 2018, 8:16 am

Programs: AA EXP; (HP-FF>US DM - RIP);Marriott Lifetime Plat and a bunch of others
Originally Posted by ryan182
.......... Shrimp and Grits (which is odd/scary that they would have a Thai curry on what is typically a non-thai dish...take one for the team ) .....
I've had the shrimp and grits WITHOUT the Thai sauce before. It is the Thai curry that scares me
Old Apr 14, 2018, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
I don't have a pic sorry, but on AA 43 yesterday DTW-DFW a full sized steak and potatoes were on offer. It looked pretty good but who eats dinner at 5 pm?

Sorry mods, missed this was the Int'l meals forum.

Last edited by enviroian; Apr 14, 2018 at 11:00 am
Old Apr 14, 2018, 10:54 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Thank you for the warning! Based on this post, I changed my meal selection for a flight next month.
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 2:03 pm

May 2018
First Class

Los Angeles to London/Heathrow (AA136)
  • Filet Mignon, Café de Paris butter, papas bravas, haricots verts
  • Coconut Crab Cakes, five-spice tomato sauce, herb couscous
  • Lamb Scotch Quail Eggs, mashed potatoes, mushroom demi-glace, Brussels sprouts
  • Miso-Glazed Tofu, vegetable soba noodles, roasted asparagus, pickled ginger
London/Heathrow to Dallas/Fort Worth (AA51)
  • Barbecue Short Rib of Angus Beef, sweet potato champ, red cabbage slaw
  • Malaysian Monkfish Curry, steamed basmati rice, coriander cress
  • Slow-Cooked West Country Pork Belly, saffron braised fennel, white bean cassoulet
  • Chickpea Tagine, pan-seared halloumi, cumin yoghurt

I picked the tofu on the way out; tagine on the way back. I'm too picky: I don't eat red meat or pork, and monkfish is sort of blah.

If I'm in luck, the tofu will have a bit of umami and I love fried Halloumi.

Unless anyone has discovered otherwise, I wouldn't have enough confidence in the Asian Vegetarian, or Muslim meals. But I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

I will hope for decent appetizers and bread, and lounge dining, the 777-300 mid-flight snacks if the main courses are unappealing.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 7:58 pm

Thanks for the advice! I'll switch to the chicken.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 10:27 am

Was surprised to see Nicolas Feuillatte Brut Reserve on the menu for AA26 (HND/LAX) on Monday after having Moutard on every other flight in the past few months.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 10:43 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Passmethesickbag
Had the Moroccan chicken the other night. It was fine, for me. A hammered out, skinless chicken cutlet, which makes a lot of sense in the air (the very different Moroccan chicken out of LHR, which has been appearing from time to time over years, still has its skin on, which is invariably flabby and inedible). The sauce (served on the side) picks a punch — if you're sensitive to acidity, you may find even the smell of it too much. Nice crisp, perfectly boiled veg. Risotto was mushy and dull.

I drank the Argentinian Kaiken Ultra Cabernet Sauvignon Leyenda with it, which actually is the first wine ever I've been served in AA business that inspired me to fire off an e-mail to my wine merchant for a couple of bottles to drink at home.

But I can't believe that bizarre and ghastly manchego and melon carpaccio appetizer is still there. It would be a horrible idea even when freshly prepared. After a few hours in the fridge, the manchego is sweaty and dried out where it's exposed, and mushy and yukky where it's been covered by the melon. The fact that it's slightly less awful than her raw potato "blini" doesn't make it acceptable.
Wonder why AA hired Chauhan to plan menus for them. Clearly she has no talent. I was hoping she would at least capitalize on her core competencies by coming up with flavorful and interesting Indian entrees, but no, she has to be "international" and fail miserably.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.