Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2018 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2018 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2018, 3:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP.
Im flying AA 169 LAX-NRT on Wednesday and the button for ordering food disappeared I messaged the twitter team and they responded with

We heard back from our Food and Beverage Team; they stated that the Pre-Order isn't available since we're using an alternative caterer for the route that you're traveling. Our flight crew will be able to let you know your food options on board. We hope this information will help you plan your trip.
Is this normal for this route?
Old Jan 26, 2018, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Amil
Im flying AA 169 LAX-NRT on Wednesday and the button for ordering food disappeared I messaged the twitter team and they responded with

LAX had the whole listeria thing with Gate Gourmet. But I thought that was resolved, so not sure.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ckd38
Has anyone encountered peanuts in the mixed nuts served during meal service? I have an allergy (relatively mild, thank god) and LAX-NRT had peanuts last week. I had a small bite before I noticed, and yes, it's on me for consuming it, but I've had the mixed nuts dozens of times and never have I seen peanuts nor did the flight attendants let anyone know. In fact, I was the first to make them aware of it and they were very surprised to see them.

Doesn't American realize this is a liability especially to make a change to INCLUDE peanuts when most airlines are taking them away from any part of catering? I reached out to customer relations and they said they would make sure to inform flight attendants if they were to serve it again, and gave me 10,000 miles for the inconvenience and discomfort I felt. Wonder if this has anything to do with the LAX catering fiasco from last year.
Even if there weren't peanuts IN them directly, nowhere does AA state/claim that they were processed in a peanut free environment. So it would still be an issue for anyone with a severe peanut allergy.My friend who has a peanut allergy doesn't eat nuts served - period, for this reason.

I disagree it is a liability. No one is forcing you to consume them nor making a statement or expectation for them to be peanut free.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by SFO777
Lobster starter was excellent, soup and salad were good, BBQ short rib was a cheap cut of mostly fat.
On the other hand, dessert and hot dog were great.
The LPGS was wonderful.
I’ve got news for you...from this EWR based flyer who has to mostly fly United, MOST of the AA stuff offered on this itinerary, even the flipping hot dog, look great! Lol. Refreshing, believe it or not, compared to UA’s garbage of late.
ijgordon likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 9:45 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, WN, HHonors Diamond, Marriott
International Business January 2018

AA 963- January 2018
Business Class- Seat 13A
DFW-GRU
Boeing 777-300ER

Menu

Dr. Pepper and mixed nuts

Small Plate- Fig and Goat Cheese Chicken Roulade
Salad- Boston Bibb Salad

Entree- Tamarind Ginger Filet of Beef

Dessert- Ice Cream with hot fudge

Arrival Breakfast- Quiche Lorraine
Old Jan 28, 2018, 10:05 am

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by kr777
AA 963- January 2018
Business Class- Seat 13A
DFW-GRU
Boeing 777-300ER

Menu

Thanks for sharing. The Beef Filet looks good.

Did you happen to notice if there was a wine list, and if so, did the wines stocked on the plane match that list?

On a last week's HKG-LAX flight, the wine list was worthless.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 2:26 am

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Originally Posted by kr777
AA 963- January 2018
Business Class- Seat 13A
DFW-GRU
Boeing 777-300ER

Menu

Dr. Pepper and mixed nuts

Small Plate- Fig and Goat Cheese Chicken Roulade
Salad- Boston Bibb Salad

Entree- Tamarind Ginger Filet of Beef

Dessert- Ice Cream with hot fudge

Arrival Breakfast- Quiche Lorraine
Had the same menu last night MIA-LHR.

In my view, AA needs to fire Maneet Chauhan. In addition to some feta crumbles, the salad had some strange gloopy substance in it. The chicken roulade, which sounded and looked good, had been replaced without notice with that tasteless plate of melon and manchego slices that was on the menu last year

I had the chicken, which was OK, but honestly, I've had enough of these bizarre appetizers and her obsession with Brussels sprouts in everything.
kaffir76 likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 6:43 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, WN, HHonors Diamond, Marriott
Originally Posted by jcatman
Thanks for sharing. The Beef Filet looks good.

Did you happen to notice if there was a wine list, and if so, did the wines stocked on the plane match that list?

On a last week's HKG-LAX flight, the wine list was worthless.
I do have the wine list but do not know what they actually were serving.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 10:05 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, National Executive Elite, Hotels.com Gold
Thumbs down

I'm on AA 193 LAX-HKG on Thursday in F and I just got the same message. Seems like they are still having some catering issues out of LAX. Twitter team also told me I could "bring my own food" if I had any dietary restrictions, since meal requests were not being taken for this route. International Transpacific F and I'm being told to bring my own food. Real "Going for Great" huh AA...smh.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 1:21 pm

That’s pretty wild. I can see an issue happening, but taking this long to resolve is beyond silly.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 1:11 am

Originally Posted by DrinkRaiderade
I'm on AA 193 LAX-HKG on Thursday in F and I just got the same message. Seems like they are still having some catering issues out of LAX. Twitter team also told me I could "bring my own food" if I had any dietary restrictions, since meal requests were not being taken for this route. International Transpacific F and I'm being told to bring my own food. Real "Going for Great" huh AA...smh.
bring your own food? wow.
brewdog11 and AANYC1981 like this.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 9:04 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by DrinkRaiderade
That's embarrassing.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 12:47 pm

Edit : somehow double posted

Last edited by Amil; Jan 31, 2018 at 12:51 pm Reason: double post
Old Jan 31, 2018, 12:50 pm

LAX - NRT 1/31 AA 169Looks like they contracted JAL to cater any recs?
Old Jan 31, 2018, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
LAX - NRT 1/31 AA 169Looks like they contracted JAL to cater any recs?
Its a step up, but most reports I have read have stated that the JAL meals EX US aren't as good as the ones out of Japan.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.