Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2018 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2018 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2017, 3:26 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium

Introduction

Welcome to the 2018 version of the combined AA meals thread, focusing on international. To help give us a clear picture of your experience, remember to include routes, times, meal designation (breakfast/lunch/dinner/snack/refreshments/none), and if you want, seat number. Photos are welcome and very helpful. Those are guidelines, but of course, the format/style is all yours. Of course, discussion of improvements and/or cutbacks, questions, and thoughts are also welcome.

Format Sample
This is a format you can use when introducing your meal report. This is just a sample format; deviations are expected and are okay. However, if the flight is taken on a 777 in Business, please clearly indicate if you're in 2- or 3-class Business. If you want to see other examples of past formats, check out historical Int'l meal threads - or just post the same way you've always done.

AA2: JFK-LHR: 7pm
Dinner
777 (3-class)
Business Class

(from here, share the menu, experiences and/or photos)

Historical Meal Reports
In the mood to enjoy a throwback? Enjoy reading international meal threads from years past!

For the 2018 Domestic Meals thread, click here.

(H/T to MrAndy1369 for the original text)

Enjoy!

Last edited by JY1024; Jan 1, 2018 at 1:55 pm Reason: Updated first post
Old Dec 30, 2017, 3:26 pm

Programs: alaska
2018 Combined AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Anyone fly LAX-AKL or LAX-SYD recently on PEY or J?

Still can't get a menu or a selection on those flights. Inquired today and was basically was told "we don't have that information."
Old Dec 30, 2017, 10:50 pm

Programs: AS 75k
Originally Posted by gdam22
Anyone fly LAX-AKL or LAX-SYD recently on PEY or J?

Still can't get a menu or a selection on those flights. Inquired today and was basically was told "we don't have that information."
I haven't flown either routes recently, but I was given the same no info for my LAX-HKG flight coming up. The ongoing catering problem at LAX was given as the reason.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 12:44 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
AA735: MAN-PHL: 10:35 am
Lunch
Business Class

I ordered turbot, report to follow.

Old Jan 3, 2018, 6:06 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold
Flying JFK-MXP at the end of the month. Read through the previous years threads on these meal choices. Looks like the chicken is a safe bet, the prawns could be good and don’t get the beef. Can’t find anything on the Kale and Sunflower Seed Pesto Campanelle. Has anyone had it?
Rocktog likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 6:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
NRT-LAX Business Class Meals

Here is the menu for my upcoming NRT-LAX flight in J. The lobster risotto sounds pretty good at first glance, so that's what I've selected so far. Anyone have any experience with the lobster risotto or other menu items?

Old Jan 3, 2018, 7:49 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by flymonthly
I haven't flown either routes recently, but I was given the same no info for my LAX-HKG flight coming up. The ongoing catering problem at LAX was given as the reason.
Same for me. You can designate your choice on the HKG-LAX return, but the Listeria Hysteria continues for the outbound.

Qantas Lounge pre-flight.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 7:52 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plat United Premier Silver Hilton Diamond Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by brewdog11
Here is the menu for my upcoming NRT-LAX flight in J. The lobster risotto sounds pretty good at first glance, so that's what I've selected so far. Anyone have any experience with the lobster risotto or other menu items?

im flying this on 1/27...probably after you but if not i can report back then. was also considering the lobster risotto
Old Jan 3, 2018, 10:35 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by brewdog11

C'mon, Brewdog11......try the Sea Bream, and report back.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 10:37 pm

Programs: AA XP, BA G, AS 100K, Hyatt G
20180106 AA109 LHR-LAX J

Last edited by vudoosj; Jan 3, 2018 at 10:40 pm Reason: missing info
Old Jan 5, 2018, 3:20 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond; AA EXP / 2MM Lifetime Platnum; Hyatt Diamond
AA 26 J Class

AA 26
1/2/18
HND - LAX
J Class

I had the Japanese Meal, Ice cream sundae, Pork Katsu sandwich and the omelet. Only found omelet and ice cream pictures on my phone...

Didn't eat too much of the Japanese meal as I ate a massive bowl of curry in sakura lounge. Ice cream sundae was very good. Kind of cool how it is "pork bun" style with the cream and toppings in the middle with the ice cream on the side. omelet for breakfast was meh. Katsu sandwich for snack was better than expected!

Old Jan 6, 2018, 7:35 am

Programs: DL DM; UA Gold; SPG Titanium
AA9203: AUA-CLT - 2pm
Lunch
A330
Business Class

This flight was a substitution flight to get folks off of Aruba after a series of winter storm and mechanical delays. Because the plane spent two nights in Aruba, the double-catering spoiled and the flight attendants told us the airline did its best to cater with what they could. I know that KLM has a daily to AMS, so I'm wondering if this is food that's ordinarily served in Y on that route?

Old Jan 6, 2018, 10:51 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by USAIRCHAIRMAN
im flying this on 1/27...probably after you but if not i can report back then. was also considering the lobster risotto
I'm flying in the middle of the month, so I'll take pictures and post them here.

Originally Posted by jcatman
C'mon, Brewdog11......try the Sea Bream, and report back.
So far, the loads on my flight are pretty light. I'll see if I can work out an arrangement with the crew to try the risotto and the sea bream. If I don't get so lucky, I'll make an attempt to grab some pics. I'll report back on the experience!
Old Jan 6, 2018, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by beefman003
AA9203: AUA-CLT - 2pm
Lunch
A330
Business Class

This flight was a substitution flight to get folks off of Aruba after a series of winter storm and mechanical delays. Because the plane spent two nights in Aruba, the double-catering spoiled and the flight attendants told us the airline did its best to cater with what they could. I know that KLM has a daily to AMS, so I'm wondering if this is food that's ordinarily served in Y on that route?
Wow doesn't matter, look better then most food served in F on Domestic flights.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 11:54 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
EZE-JFK in J on the 77W and I see FIVE choices. I've never seen that chicken stew dish before on an AA menu. BTW does anyone know how to more easily transfer the menu options from AA.com to this site from a MAC? It's a very tedious copy and paste process.
  • Panko Crusted Beef Filet for EZE to JFK
    creamy polenta, roasted pumpkin, cherry tomatoes, parsley oil
  • Roasted Leg of Lamb selected for EZE to JFK
    roasted potatoes, ratatouille, mint cream sauce
  • Galinhada selected for EZE to JFK (I had to look this up and it's a Brazilian chicken stew dish)
    pumpkin rice, roasted asparagus
  • Pan-seared Sea Bass for EZE to JFK
    pesto potatoes, braised fennel, mango-oregano butter
  • Roasted Zucchini Risotto for EZE to JFK
    lemongrass, coconut milk, carrot and zucchini noodles

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.