Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LAX Growth Announcement Week of 18 Jan 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2016, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MAH4546
New routes announced so far:

DFW-BZN, daily CR9, winter & summer seasonal
DFW-BOI, daily A319
DFW-SUX, daily ERJ145
DFW-SWO, 2x daily ERJ145

LGA-MVY, 3 weekly CR2, summer seasonal
LGA-BGR, 2 weekly CR2, summer seasonal
LGA-MYR, 2 weekly CR2, summer seasonal
LGA-ACK, 3 weekly ERJ170, summer seasonal
LGA-SDF, 1 daily CR2

CLT-SJC, daily A319, eastbound redeye, summer seasonal

ORD-SMF, double daily 738 including one eastbound redeye

LAX-SEA, 5 daily (4x A319 / 1x ERJ-175)
LAX-PDX, 3 daily ERJ-175
LAX-MSP, 2 daily A319
LAX-MSY, 1 daily 738
LAX-MCI, 1 daily A319
LAX-OMA, 1 daily A319
LAX-BDL, 1 daily 738, eastbound redeye
LAX-ANC, 1 daily, A319 seasonal
LAX-DRO, 1 daily, seasonal
LAX-RDU, 2nd daily, summer seasonal, A319

Route CUTS:
PHL-SMF
PHX-YYC
PHX-YEG (moving to winter seasonal)
Print Wikipost

LAX Growth Announcement Week of 18 Jan 2016

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2016, 2:08 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by akarneboge
Boise and Las Vegas are not not routes that AA flies to/from SLC. AS does so it is logical that AA would codeshare those flights. SLC-LAX is a route that AA flies at least one E75 on every day that I checked. Since they do not have a lot of capacity one would think it would be a logical route to codeshare on but I doubt it is the most popular domestic route traveled from LAX so AA probably assumes it is not needed. On the code sharing on O'Hare and DFW flights...those are very popular and when I take them AA is generally jam packed on every flight. I would assume it is an easy way for AA to add capacity.
Codesharing isn't about adding capacity on a given route, it's about opening up markets that the marketing airline doesn't otherwise have the ability to access. If AS can profitably sell more seats to ORD, they're way better off flying another plane there than codesharing with a competitor. The codeshares on that route aren't about SEA-ORD traffic, just like codesharing on SEA-LAX isn't about SEA-LAX traffic. And, of course, jam packed flights do not necessarily make profitable flights. It's very possible AA make a killing on SEA-DFW while AS struggle to break even, or the opposite for that matter.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 2:26 pm

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
need to sort out that awful terminal first, even the dodgy airports in Greece have better facilities!
Old Jan 21, 2016, 2:38 pm

Programs: AS, HA, JL, UA
Originally Posted by jjka
What do you think it could be? What are the biggest holes in the AA network? JonNYC?
PDX-MIA comes to mind.
As does SLC-LAX.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by Tanaka07
PDX-MIA comes to mind.
As does SLC-LAX.
Huh?? AA flies SLC-LAX. Or do you mean SCL (Santiago, Chile)?
Old Jan 21, 2016, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by naswi
Finally, I am so happy to have AA metal from SEA to LAX. Now I can have the potential to be upgraded vs just having Exit Row on AS metal. Good news.

The press release didn't say when the new service will start. Does anyone know when this route will start?
This page which is a link from the rotating banner on aa.com as of today:

http://www.aa.com/i18n/urls/la.jsp

says "this summer". Specific dates don't seem to have been announced yet, nor all the schedules.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by sdsearch
This page which is a link from the rotating banner on aa.com as of today:

http://www.aa.com/i18n/urls/la.jsp

says "this summer". Specific dates don't seem to have been announced yet, nor all the schedules.
I have June 2 in my stuff somewhere...

Found it, it's in the press release, in the 4th paragraph:
http://hub.aa.com/en/nr/american-air...in-los-angeles
Old Jan 21, 2016, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IceTrojan
I have June 2 in my stuff somewhere...

Found it, it's in the press release, in the 4th paragraph:
http://hub.aa.com/en/nr/american-air...in-los-angeles
Thanks.

Now, with the flights starting June 2, how long should we expect before they announce the schedules for all of them?
Old Jan 21, 2016, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Thanks.

Now, with the flights starting June 2, how long should we expect before they announce the schedules for all of them?
I would expect them to be loaded this weekend.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 9:12 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
First Class, All the Way..?

From: http://hub.aa.com/en/nr/american-air...in-los-angeles

"Out of LAX, American offers customers more choices for how they travel, with First Class seats and Main Cabin Extra offered on every flight. As part of American’s investment in the customer experience, the airline is adding more all-aisle access, fully lie-flat seats; international Wi-Fi; more in-flight entertainment options and power outlets; and improved food and beverage offerings"

How is this the case with LAX-HND to be flown on a 788?
Old Jan 22, 2016, 9:33 am

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
From: http://hub.aa.com/en/nr/american-air...in-los-angeles

"Out of LAX, American offers customers more choices for how they travel, with First Class seats and Main Cabin Extra offered on every flight. As part of American’s investment in the customer experience, the airline is adding more all-aisle access, fully lie-flat seats; international Wi-Fi; more in-flight entertainment options and power outlets; and improved food and beverage offerings"

How is this the case with LAX-HND to be flown on a 788?
They clearly mean every flight has a premium cabin, ie no ≤50-seat, 1-cabin regional jets or turboprops. On some flights, that premium cabin is called business, not first.

And re the main cabin extra bit: are there really no flights out of LAX on pmUS aircraft that haven't been reconfigured? Or do they mean (as I suspect) that every aircraft has at least exit and bulkhead rows sold as MCE?

Not the most carefully-worded press release.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 9:44 am

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
So I presume I missed it in the discussion, but what about LAX-HKG?
Old Jan 22, 2016, 10:01 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
I think they're counting the exits/bulkheads that are labelled MCE.

Wouldn't hurt to read upthread regarding HKG, it's still expected but not here yet.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 10:18 am

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Originally Posted by Microwave
Wouldn't hurt to read upthread regarding HKG, it's still expected but not here yet.
I did commit cardinal sin of not reading the thread, but now having gone back and reading the relevant posts, it seems confusion is the name of the game for the moment.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 11:01 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ashill
They clearly mean every flight has a premium cabin, ie no ≤50-seat, 1-cabin regional jets or turboprops. On some flights, that premium cabin is called business, not first.

And re the main cabin extra bit: are there really no flights out of LAX on pmUS aircraft that haven't been reconfigured? Or do they mean (as I suspect) that every aircraft has at least exit and bulkhead rows sold as MCE?

Not the most carefully-worded press release.
Having somewhat of a marketing background, this would be a little disingenuous to apply the term "First Class Seats" which is a well defined entity to "First Class", but it could mean "Business Class Seats".. just saying..
Old Jan 22, 2016, 11:05 am

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Having somewhat of a marketing background, this would be a little disingenuous to apply the term "First Class Seats" which is a well defined entity to "First Class", but it could mean "Business Class Seats".. just saying..
"First class seats" is a well-defined entity? Are you saying that first class seats on a CRJ-700 and a 77W are comparable?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.