Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

International Same Day Flight Change / SDFC / SDC / CDC (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 22, 2015, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This thread relates to international changes only. For "domestic" including Canada, Caribbean, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, ) same day changes see this thread.
International Same Day Flight Change has been limited to:

Link to American Airlines' current policy on Same Day Flight Change.

Link to AA FAQ - Same Day Flight Change

Link to archived aa.com Same Day Flight Change policy

Link to archived aa.com Same Day Travel Changes / SDFC and Standby FAQ

Standby The standby policy applies to travel within and between the U.S., Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, the Caribbean or Canada on American and/or American Eagle.
Print Wikipost

International Same Day Flight Change / SDFC / SDC / CDC (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2018, 12:43 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I am OWE (AY Plat) and AA Nothing. I have an AA-issued award ticket in J, HEL-LHR-JFK, where LHR-JFK is AA flight number and metal. I've got a layover if 5.5 hours at LHR.

Can I get a SDFC for an earlier LHR-JFK flight at no charge? Reading the rules, I suppose I can (due to J award ticket).

How do I proceed to get this? Online 24 hours before the departure of my original LHR flight? At LHR T3 transfer desk?
Old Mar 2, 2018, 1:17 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
The function is normally available on aa.com when you view your booking within the correct timeframe. There will be a button at the top that gives you the change option.

But if you have an award ticket, you could simply change the ticket to an earlier flight, assuming inventory is available.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 4:37 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Thanks! Would SDFC require U inventory to be available? If yes, then it doesn't look very good.

There's no U right now to change into. What I'm really hoping for is U on the direct HEL-JFK to open up...
Old Apr 29, 2018, 9:09 am

I'm pretty sure the answer is no - but I will try anyways.

Traveling LAX-NRT on AA codeshare JL metal. Any chance I could standby either LAX-HND or LAX-NRT on AA metal? Or could I upgrade if C becomes available on to one of those earlier flights?

Thanks!
Old Aug 3, 2018, 7:21 am

What is the fee for Premium Economy? It's left blank in the fee schedule on the AA site.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 4:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
Have there been any changes to SDC rules or still only on JFK-LHR?

I’m trying to figure out if I can catch the earlier LAX-LHR flight later this week
Old Dec 7, 2018, 9:41 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
Question

Flying JFK-LHR with AA, then LHR-CDG on BA.

If I use the SDC on the flight JFK-LHR, has anyone had any report of how to change the second leg on BA?

Just go to the transfer counter at LHR?

Thanks guys.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 4:49 am

Programs: AA EXP
Have routes qualifying for international SDFC been expanded? For my last two LAX-LHR trips, I’ve had the option available.

Old May 9, 2019, 1:12 pm

Couple of questions regarding process for SDFC on LHR to JFK international flight.

Presume it will show up as option on trip details page just like any other domestic SDFC at the T- 24 hour mark?
How do I do it if I want to change because I think better option for SWU clearance on another flight? Do I simply do the SDFC on line and then call and have them apply SWU if available or put it on waitlist if not available? Or since I am waitlisted on original flight for SWU will it transfer automatically if I do SDFC?

Thanks in advance.
Old May 9, 2019, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by chfenton
Couple of questions regarding process for SDFC on LHR to JFK international flight.

Presume it will show up as option on trip details page just like any other domestic SDFC at the T- 24 hour mark?
How do I do it if I want to change because I think better option for SWU clearance on another flight? Do I simply do the SDFC on line and then call and have them apply SWU if available or put it on waitlist if not available? Or since I am waitlisted on original flight for SWU will it transfer automatically if I do SDFC?

Thanks in advance.
Sorry, one additional follow up as well...related question if you sdfc and waitlisted for SWU does original time stamp apply or is it new time?

Thanks again
Old May 9, 2019, 8:14 pm

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by chfenton
Sorry, one additional follow up as well...related question if you sdfc and waitlisted for SWU does original time stamp apply or is it new time?

Thanks again
Time isn’t a meaningful factor when it comes to waitlist priority anymore.
Antarius likes this.
Old May 10, 2019, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by enpremiere
Time isn’t a meaningful factor when it comes to waitlist priority anymore.
and to add to this, it is purely rolling 12 month spend.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 10:07 am

Programs: DL DM, UA & AA Peeon, Hilton/Starwood Gold
Same Day Change Markets incl. only JFK-LHR?

Hi all, a new Plat Pro here, just trying to familiarize myself with offerings and benefits.

By my reading of the Same Day Travel page it seems same day change is only offered on flights to LHR if via JFK, is that correct? Was looking to book an itinerary including ORD-LHR with the hope of perhaps being able to make a change but wanted to see if others have had any experience with this. Many thanks!
Old Oct 19, 2019, 9:41 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
SDFC has been reported by some as having been expanded to other than JFK-LHR flights, so be aware the flights eligible for SDFC are increasing.,
silly_stitcher and tfizzle like this.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 4:03 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro
I had 4 SWU (2 pax) confirm right after ticketing on ORD-LHR-JFK. Would my upgrade stick/keep me in business, if I wanted and had availability to move to earlier LHR-JFK? EXP if that matters.

Anyone have luck with ORD-LHR sdfc?

Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.