Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

International Same Day Flight Change / SDFC / SDC / CDC (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 22, 2015, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This thread relates to international changes only. For "domestic" including Canada, Caribbean, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, ) same day changes see this thread.
International Same Day Flight Change has been limited to:

Link to American Airlines' current policy on Same Day Flight Change.

Link to AA FAQ - Same Day Flight Change

Link to archived aa.com Same Day Flight Change policy

Link to archived aa.com Same Day Travel Changes / SDFC and Standby FAQ

Standby The standby policy applies to travel within and between the U.S., Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, the Caribbean or Canada on American and/or American Eagle.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2007, 3:24 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis

Please read the wiki for current international SDFC policy. Be aware SDFC policies have been changing recently. Use the links provided to see the most recent policy, vs. what could be outdated in the wiki.

May 2021

Last edited by JDiver; May 8, 2021 at 11:48 am
Old Sep 22, 2015, 4:45 pm

Does anyone have a recent experience? I'll be flying AA 109 LHR-LAX soon, but things are not looking good for SWU. On the other than the later flight AA135 has lots of space, so I like to take advantage of this.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 12:23 am

Programs: status free since 2017
Originally Posted by offtheglass
Does anyone have a recent experience? I'll be flying AA 109 LHR-LAX soon, but things are not looking good for SWU. On the other than the later flight AA135 has lots of space, so I like to take advantage of this.
Refer to post #1 of the thread

Edit: Just noticed LHR-LAX... my bad. Hoping someone will answer. ^
Old Sep 24, 2015, 8:59 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by carsnoceans
Refer to post #1 of the thread

Edit: Just noticed LHR-LAX... my bad. Hoping someone will answer. ^
Yes, at this time still only JFK<->LHR.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 1:11 pm

I purchased a vacation package through aavacations taking advantage of the business class vacation package bonanza and the current transatlantic J 25K bonus promotion. The routing is not optimal and I stupidly did not see all the options of routings before hitting the submit button. On the outbound the routing is FSD-DFW-ORD-MAD whereas we could of left 5 hours later and just have flown FSD-ORD-MAD. Also the return is MAD-PHL-DFW-FSD. The inbound from MAD arrives at PHL at 4 pm and requires an overnight at PHL and a 5:15 am flight the next morning. I am resigned to living with this situation but I am wondering if there would be any hopes of rectifying it on the day of travel- changing outbound routing and standing by for a different routing on the return. Ideally I would like to go FSD-ORD-MAD outbound and MAD-PHL-ORD-FSD on the return (overnighting in ORD if need be instead of PHL). My spouse and I hold Platinum status with AA.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 12:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Plat, VX Gold, VS Gold, HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold
Same Day Change with Different Connecting City?

I'm booked LAS>LAX>GRU on 10.25, but see the 777 equipment on the LAX>GRU sector is outdated configuration.

Alternatives are to connect via MIA or DFW, but currently subject to a $300 change fee.

Is it possible to do a same day change for $75 including switching out the connecting city? Reading prior threads sounds like no online, but agents may be more accommodating.

Any advise or experience appreciated.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 2:19 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 75K, AA EXP, United 1K
Unfortunately you may be out of luck. Pretty sure American's Same Day Chance policy does not extend to US/South America flights.
https://www.aa.com/i18n/utility/sameDayTravel.jsp
Old Oct 21, 2015, 3:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Plat, VX Gold, VS Gold, HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold
According to this post they opened up to international flights..but not clear if that includes Latin America (yes, according to comments) and with chnage in connecting city

http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....ional-flights/
Old Oct 21, 2015, 6:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
I've seen this advertised for JFK-LHR but nothing else international...
Old Oct 21, 2015, 8:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SFGuy37
I'm booked LAS>LAX>GRU on 10.25, but see the 777 equipment on the LAX>GRU sector is outdated configuration.

Alternatives are to connect via MIA or DFW, but currently subject to a $300 change fee.

Is it possible to do a same day change for $75 including switching out the connecting city? Reading prior threads sounds like no online, but agents may be more accommodating.

Any advise or experience appreciated.
You can not SDFC to GRU. Currently longhaul SDFC is only usable between JFK and LHR.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA GS, TK Gold
Sorry If missed the answer to my question in "Domestic" SDC thread.

I was told by AA agent that I cannot SDC domestic segment in the international itinerary, i.e. ATL-DFW to a later flight in ATL-DFW-HKG, because it is an international itinerary as a whole. True AA policy or HUCA/YMMV type situation? Thank you.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 2:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA GM (2013 Gold, 2014 Silver), Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
A few days ago I called in to price out paying for a routing change, and the agent suggested waiting and trying to do a same day change. Within 24 hours of the original flight, I called in to try the SDC, and was told it's only LHR to either JFK or LAX. Unfortunately, I am not flying either of those routes. Anyone have any luck with SDC with a connecting city change from Europe? I'm wondering how many times I should hang up and call again.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 7:06 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ChicagoDave
A few days ago I called in to price out paying for a routing change, and the agent suggested waiting and trying to do a same day change. Within 24 hours of the original flight, I called in to try the SDC, and was told it's only LHR to either JFK or LAX. Unfortunately, I am not flying either of those routes. Anyone have any luck with SDC with a connecting city change from Europe? I'm wondering how many times I should hang up and call again.
You can't use this for that.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 9:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA GM (2013 Gold, 2014 Silver), Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by JonNYC
You can't use this for that.
Thanks Jon. That explains why I couldn't do it. I re-read the various blogs from July (travelingbetter.com wasn't working on my phone) and it appears to only be from LHR-JFK. Too bad since my alternative flight AA51 LHR-DFW has been C7 for the last 2 days, and it's way too expensive to pay for the change.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 10:30 am
Original Poster

The wiki pretty much sums up the state of international SDC. LHR<->JFK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.