FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - International Same Day Flight Change / SDFC / SDC / CDC (consolidated)
Old Sep 28, 2015, 1:11 pm
Redeemed

I purchased a vacation package through aavacations taking advantage of the business class vacation package bonanza and the current transatlantic J 25K bonus promotion. The routing is not optimal and I stupidly did not see all the options of routings before hitting the submit button. On the outbound the routing is FSD-DFW-ORD-MAD whereas we could of left 5 hours later and just have flown FSD-ORD-MAD. Also the return is MAD-PHL-DFW-FSD. The inbound from MAD arrives at PHL at 4 pm and requires an overnight at PHL and a 5:15 am flight the next morning. I am resigned to living with this situation but I am wondering if there would be any hopes of rectifying it on the day of travel- changing outbound routing and standing by for a different routing on the return. Ideally I would like to go FSD-ORD-MAD outbound and MAD-PHL-ORD-FSD on the return (overnighting in ORD if need be instead of PHL). My spouse and I hold Platinum status with AA.