Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

International Same Day Flight Change / SDFC / SDC / CDC (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 22, 2015, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This thread relates to international changes only. For "domestic" including Canada, Caribbean, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, ) same day changes see this thread.
International Same Day Flight Change has been limited to:

Link to American Airlines' current policy on Same Day Flight Change.

Link to AA FAQ - Same Day Flight Change

Link to archived aa.com Same Day Flight Change policy

Link to archived aa.com Same Day Travel Changes / SDFC and Standby FAQ

Standby The standby policy applies to travel within and between the U.S., Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, the Caribbean or Canada on American and/or American Eagle.
Print Wikipost

International Same Day Flight Change / SDFC / SDC / CDC (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2022, 1:33 am

Programs: AS 100k / AA EXP
I have a connecting flight within Europe after arriving in LHR that is an AA flight number on BA metal. I'm curious what my options are to get onto an earlier BA flight? (there are several earlier than the one I'm on)...

I'm a Oneworld Emerald and am open to either standby or same-day confirmed change and am not sure what the policy is given the mix of AA/BA. I know that all flight changes have to be made through AA since I bought my tickets through them, but wasn't sure where to ask. Thanks!
Old May 9, 2022, 4:43 am

Originally Posted by lax2sea
I have a connecting flight within Europe after arriving in LHR that is an AA flight number on BA metal. I'm curious what my options are to get onto an earlier BA flight? (there are several earlier than the one I'm on)...

I'm a Oneworld Emerald and am open to either standby or same-day confirmed change and am not sure what the policy is given the mix of AA/BA. I know that all flight changes have to be made through AA since I bought my tickets through them, but wasn't sure where to ask. Thanks!
I have read many posts here recently that mention it is nearly impossible to actually get someone on the phone at BA, but when I was going through my recent debacle with AA flights on BA metal and placing alot of calls to American Airlines customer support, I was always connected eventually to someone, and they were all very helpful and pleasant. The worst that could happen is they would say no. Number is 1-800-882-8880.

It may take awhile - as in an hour or more - to actually get connected so I suggest putting your phone on speaker and working on some activity you can break from as soon as you hear the telephone ringing, which means a real human is about to answer. The initial recorded phone tree questions/answers are annoying but there is no way to avoid those.
Old May 26, 2022, 12:56 am

I have a similar situation to the person above. I have a one hour connection in LHR After a LAX —LHR flight. I’d like to move my lax leg to the earlier flight but have been told AA can’t reprice since my connecting flight on BA is fully booked and repricing would move my reservation. Is there anyway to move to the earlier LAX - LHR flight? I’m AA Executive platinum.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 10:29 am

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
So Mexico - USA SDC are dead based on the graph where domestic does not include Mexico (but does Canada), and the reports prior to that were iffy. Just trying to verify if anyone has had recent experience.

NVM, Seeing chatter in the domestic thread: Domestic Same Day Confirmed Flight Change / SDFC / SDC / CFC / "Standby"
Old Oct 30, 2022, 6:29 am

Programs: BA GGL
YUL - LGA / JFK - LHR coming up next week.

YUL - LGA is AA4772
JFK - LHR is AA6923 (actually BA1182) - premium economy, fare class T

All 001 ticket stock. I'm OWE (BA Gold).

Will I be able to SDFC from the BA flight to an earlier AA flight if there's availability? Alternatively to an earlier BA flight with AA codeshare?

The YUL - LGA / JFK - LHR is a married segment. Not sure if that will cause an issue?

Interested in knowing if there's any experience with the two uncovered bullet points from the Wiki:

- Change from AA-codeshare, non-AA-metal segment to a different AA-codeshare, non-AA-metal segment
- Change AA-codeshare, non-AA-metal segment to AA metal
Old Dec 7, 2022, 8:19 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
for a flight booked with american and aa flight number but jal metal-is it poss to do a same day international flight change to an aa flight or not poss?
thanks-matching to ex plat but not sure of the rules..
Old Jan 12, 2023, 12:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
JFK-LAX-MZT (Mexico)

I have a WebSpecial F fare, JFK-LAX-MZT with an overnight connection at LAX.

Im looking to change to a JFK-LAX flight that leaves 2-3 hours later so that I can do an interview.

I assume since this is an international itinerary I’m not able to do SDFC… but I’m wondering whether an agent at JFK would confirm me on a later flight if I turn up at the Chelsea (?) lounge and ask to switch? There’s lots of open F space but I’m not able to do a SDFC.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 12:56 pm

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by coleslaw
I have a WebSpecial F fare, JFK-LAX-MZT with an overnight connection at LAX.

Im looking to change to a JFK-LAX flight that leaves 2-3 hours later so that I can do an interview.

I assume since this is an international itinerary I’m not able to do SDFC… but I’m wondering whether an agent at JFK would confirm me on a later flight if I turn up at the Chelsea (?) lounge and ask to switch? There’s lots of open F space but I’m not able to do a SDFC.
Domestic legs of international itineraries are eligible for same day confirmed change. Call or find an agent and they should be able to do it if the inventory is available.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 7:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Ivan Denisovich
Domestic legs of international itineraries are eligible for same day confirmed change. Call or find an agent and they should be able to do it if the inventory is available.
I called the EXP line twice and both times (after extended holds) was told it wasn't possible. I was offered to cancel and rebook (for 100k more miles...) but nothing for SDFC.

The flight I was trying to change to is F7 A4. I was told there were no other flights available to change to (despite lots of other flights the same day with F/A availability).
Old Apr 4, 2023, 8:51 am

Programs: AA PPRO, HH Diamond, National EE
Originally Posted by bryanwallace
for a flight booked with american and aa flight number but jal metal-is it poss to do a same day international flight change to an aa flight or not poss?
thanks-matching to ex plat but not sure of the rules..
Were you able to SDFC your flight from a JAL bird to AA?
Old Apr 4, 2023, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For kicks and giggles I called EXP line to see if I could change to the non stop 78 or 80 to LHR tonight rather than my original itinerary dfw-phl-lhr. Sure they said, for $2200.

Old Apr 4, 2023, 10:15 am

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by enviroian
For kicks and giggles I called EXP line to see if I could change to the non stop 78 or 80 to LHR tonight rather than my original itinerary dfw-phl-lhr. Sure they said, for $2200.

Depending on wx in the Dallas metroplex this afternoon or if they issue a travel waiver, you might get your direct after all.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by enpremiere
Depending on wx in the Dallas metroplex this afternoon or if they issue a travel waiver, you might get your direct after all.
and by then C will be 0 too......

I don't think there is any weather threat today though.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 11:08 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by enviroian

International Same Day Flight Change only applies on flights through JFK-LHR (there's a screenshot in the WikiPost at the top of this thread). It sounds like they did a re-fare for you, and I'm surprised it isn't much higher...unless that's the coach fare.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aztimm
International Same Day Flight Change only applies on flights through JFK-LHR (there's a screenshot in the WikiPost at the top of this thread). It sounds like they did a re-fare for you, and I'm surprised it isn't much higher...unless that's the coach fare.
Oh trust me I'm well aware of the rules that's why I said for kicks and giggles as maybe just maybe they would bend the rules on a very simple change but no dice.

Yeah that was the coach fare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.