Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LUS: Who flew last US flight? (US 1939 Lv SFO 10 pm 16 Oct 2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 10, 2015, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Who is flying / flew US 1939, the final US Airways flight?

For a reminiscence opportunity, see LUS: Dinner with US FA "GalleyWench" Tue 27 Oct 6 PM Lowell, NC

16 Oct 2015: US 1939 Lv PHL 10:05 am, - Ar CLT 12:04 pm; Lv CLT 2:35 pm - Ar PHX 4:01 pm;
Lv PHX 5:10 pm - Ar SFO 7:12 pm; Lv SFO 9:55 pm - Arv PHL 6:18 am+ (17 Oct)

Originally Posted by SFOPhD
The last US Airways flight was numbered US1939 to commemorate the operational start year of All American Aviation, the company that preceded Allegheny and US Airways.

To celebrate the end of the US Airways name, US1939 was given as the flight number to PHL-CLT (10:05 AM), CLT-PHX (2:35 PM), PHX-SFO (5:10 PM) and SFO-PHL (9:55 PM). Events were be held at all four stops, which include major hubs. Details as reported by the OMAAT blog (http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...irways-flight/).

I for one will be on the PHX-SFO leg. I'll try to say hello to those of you strong enough to do the redeye!
Originally Posted by swag
The farewell flight for US Airways will be a red-eye — Flight 434 1939 is scheduled to leave San Francisco around 10 p.m. and land in Philadelphia after 6 a.m. on Oct 17.

http://news.yahoo.com/last-flight-us...--finance.html
philly.com 25 Aug article with historical info: http://www.philly.com/philly/busines...lgia_trip.html

Special events are to be held at all four hubs, PHL, CLT, PHX, SFO. Past CEO Ed Colodny will fly SFO-PHL.

Please list FT handle and details you wish to share, e.g. which sector you're flying, cabin and seat, ability to guest at SFO Admirals Club, etc.)

• Captain Flush
  • charbroiled
  • CNMAZ (PHX-SFO leg)
  • cool_xp2002
  • dciandy
  • freqflyercoll (SFO-PHL, can guest to SFO AC)
  • LukasVIE (SFO-PHL, can guest to SFO and PHL ACs)
  • Milz02315 (SFO-PHL, can guest to SFO and PHL ACs 6-10 am)
  • SFOPhD (PHX-SFO)
  • VolansFortunae
  • a330300 (SFO-PHL in Y, can guest to SFO and PHL ACs upon arrival)
  • mtvesuvius (PHX-SFO, might be able to guest at SFO)

Etc.

Note the thread Saying "Goodbye" to US Airways - tributes, photo essays, etc.

Print Wikipost

LUS: Who flew last US flight? (US 1939 Lv SFO 10 pm 16 Oct 2015)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2015, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by Tanic
The final transmission with ATC is 21 minutes into this archived recording. Pilots used "USAir1939" which was last used in 2008. Farewell.
I really appreciate the link to the audio, thank you!

Originally Posted by LukasVIE
I just published a trip report about US1939 in the trip report section

Trip Report

It was a great flight and virtually everyone on board had a great time!
You did an awesome job at chronicling the trip with a great write-up! Thank you for taking the time to do that for everyone that couldn't be there. I am really glad to see that US Airways went all out on the flight to celebrate the moment. I wonder if the wi-fi was overlooked as it could have been complementary to everyone on board?
Old Oct 19, 2015, 6:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Tanic
The final transmission with ATC is 21 minutes into this archived recording. Pilots used "USAir1939" which was last used in 2008. Farewell.
According to another trip report on Airwaysnews (Link) they used AllAmericanAviation as their departure callsign from SFO.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 9:51 am

Programs: Former DL Diamond, now Plat. Marriott lifetime Plat. Former AA EXP
On 10/16 I flew US1927 LAX-IAD, which had scheduled departure time of 10/16 10:40pm and landing time 10/17 6:38am. Since 1927's departure times and arrival times were both later than that of 1939's, I'm curious why 1927 wasn't considered the final US flight?
EDIT: Nevermind! The actual dates were 10/15-10/16. I'd written the above after looking at my google calendar, which somehow shifted the days to 10/16-17

Last edited by HITconsultant; Oct 20, 2015 at 9:56 am
Old Jun 25, 2016, 6:57 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
So you guys remember how they gave out packaged US Airways cookies? Hypothetically... if you happened to keep one in your fridge since then, would you eat it today?
Old Jun 29, 2016, 1:14 am

Programs: SPG
funny you ask. I had tossed the cookie in the freezer, and found it while moving this past weekend. It went straight to the trash...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.