Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LHR / London Heathrow Int"l. Airport Admirals Club (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 25, 2015, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

LHR / London Heathrow International Airport Admirals Club
(Flagship Lounge is within Terminal 3 Admirals Cub)

Link to aa.com information for LHR.

Link to LHR website

Link to oneworld website Lounge Access and Lounge Finder tool

London Heathrow International Airport Terminal 3 Admirals Club

LOCATION: Departure level after Passport Control, near lounge area H

NOTE: Departing Admirals Club members and qualifying oneworld members.

HOURS: For current hours, see here.

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary WiFi
  • Flat screen TVs
  • Showers
  • Childrens room
  • Food and beverages
  • Computers with Internet access
Links to other LHR Terminal 3 oneworld Lounges threads:
For lounge information about oneworld lounges for oneworld passengers departing Terminals 1 and 5, please see the BAEC Forum BA Lounge Database Dashboard for the United Kingdom here and / or the oneworld Lounge Access and Locator here.

Also in the BAEC forum, see:[b]
(Thanks to jerry a. laska)
List of oneworld Airlines and Terminals at London Heathrow

List of oneworld airlines using LHR Terminal 3:
  • American Airlines and US Airways
  • British Airways (limited short hauls)
  • Cathay Pacific
  • Finnair
  • Japan Airlines
  • Qantas
  • Royal Jordanian
Other oneworld airlines use:
  • Terminal 1 - TAM, some British Airways
  • Terminal 4 - Malaysian Airways and Qatar Airways
  • Terminal 5 - most British Airways, all Iberia
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2009, 6:03 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis

LHR / London Heathrow International Airport Admirals Club
Old Aug 18, 2013, 12:06 pm

Programs: UA & AA 1 million miler
I will be on AA 136, arrive at LHR term 3 @ 2:15pm, and then connect to CDG on BA from term 5.

It seems both AA/BA arrival lounge close at 2pm, so I can't use both. my choises are Galleries Club Lounge/Galleries First at term 5? Is that right?
Old Aug 18, 2013, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MrJBoy
I will be on AA 136, arrive at LHR term 3 @ 2:15pm, and then connect to CDG on BA from term 5.

It seems both AA/BA arrival lounge close at 2pm, so I can't use both. my choises are Galleries Club Lounge/Galleries First at term 5? Is that right?
Yep. And pick Galleries First

P.S. The showers sound funny, almost like gurgling, but otherwise just fine.
Old Aug 18, 2013, 7:27 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Yes, and if connecting, I would skip clearing immigration and the arrivals lounges anyway.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 10:25 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
We are arriving on AA100 next week and departing on a BA intra-Europe flight about 1:20 later, also out of T3. As an EXP we have our pick of T3 lounges. Which is the best to get a shower?
Old Sep 13, 2013, 11:06 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Stripe
We are arriving on AA100 next week and departing on a BA intra-Europe flight about 1:20 later, also out of T3. As an EXP we have our pick of T3 lounges. Which is the best to get a shower?
The AA lounge showers are the best of the T3 lounge options. Good size and fairly descent ventilation (for the UK - land of the stuffy interior spaces).
Old Sep 14, 2013, 12:05 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by HNL
The AA lounge showers are the best of the T3 lounge options. Good size and fairly descent ventilation (for the UK - land of the stuffy interior spaces).
Are you referring to the Admiral's Club, FL, or the arrivals lounge?
Old Sep 14, 2013, 12:24 am
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are you referring to the Admiral's Club, FL, or the arrivals lounge?
IIRC the AC and the FL have shared shower facilities.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 3:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Correct. I would suggest the CX F lounge myself.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 3:36 am
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stifle
Correct. I would suggest the CX F lounge myself.
I was only suggesting the best place for a shower.Really truly honestly the AA lounge complex has the best showers between AA-BA-CX. For Lounging then BA or CX will rank above AA.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 7:12 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
I haven't taken a shower at the T3 AC, but I have at the T3 Galleries First Elemis Spa. Very nice, and then afterwards you can wander over to the lounge for a little champagne prior to your flight!
Old Sep 14, 2013, 9:18 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
CX showers are bedinitely nicer than BA, but I've not tried AA (can't find a single reason to use the AA lounges at LHR ).
Old Sep 14, 2013, 10:53 am

Programs: AA ex-EXP (buh-bye!), HH Gold, SPG Gold, UM Go Blue
Originally Posted by Microwave
CX showers are bedinitely nicer than BA, but I've not tried AA (can't find a single reason to use the AA lounges at LHR ).
I an frequently through here and I have to agree with HNL - AA showers are the best. Americans really love their showers, and these are pretty great. The rooms are huge and there is plenty of space for everything. The showers are always clean, hot and with lots of water pressure.

My usual routine when I have a decent layover in T3 is AA FL for the showers (and security check if outbound), followed by CX J for the noodle bar (CX F is too small, I don't like it), then finally BA F for the champagne.

Why not try them all?
Old Sep 14, 2013, 11:02 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Wollstonecraft

Why not try them all?
Because we have no interest in trying something inferior just to try it when there are known better options available. The food/drink in the BA F lounge fit the way we eat better than the other places (noodles, while they can be tasty, just don't work for us from a healthful eating standpoint). So, we just stay with the best option for us rather than traipsing about to lounges of less quality (for our tastes).

In our case, that's way.

Cheers.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 12:40 pm

Thanks for the replies. Yes, we Americans love our showers. With a 1:20 layover, the priority will be the shower at AA, then hurry over to the BA F lounge for a bacon butty.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.