FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   LHR / London Heathrow Int"l. Airport Admirals Club (master thread) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1681301-lhr-london-heathrow-int-l-airport-admirals-club-master-thread.html)

JDiver Apr 5, 2009 6:03 pm

LHR / London Heathrow Int"l. Airport Admirals Club (master thread)

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-T...AA_B_LHRAC.png
LHR / London Heathrow International Airport Admirals Club

MrJBoy Aug 18, 2013 12:06 pm

I will be on AA 136, arrive at LHR term 3 @ 2:15pm, and then connect to CDG on BA from term 5.

It seems both AA/BA arrival lounge close at 2pm, so I can't use both. my choises are Galleries Club Lounge/Galleries First at term 5? Is that right?

teemuflyer Aug 18, 2013 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by MrJBoy (Post 21293647)
I will be on AA 136, arrive at LHR term 3 @ 2:15pm, and then connect to CDG on BA from term 5.

It seems both AA/BA arrival lounge close at 2pm, so I can't use both. my choises are Galleries Club Lounge/Galleries First at term 5? Is that right?

Yep. And pick Galleries First ;)

P.S. The showers sound funny, almost like gurgling, but otherwise just fine.

aamilesslave Aug 18, 2013 7:27 pm

Yes, and if connecting, I would skip clearing immigration and the arrivals lounges anyway.

Stripe Sep 13, 2013 10:25 pm

We are arriving on AA100 next week and departing on a BA intra-Europe flight about 1:20 later, also out of T3. As an EXP we have our pick of T3 lounges. Which is the best to get a shower?

HNL Sep 13, 2013 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by Stripe (Post 21442392)
We are arriving on AA100 next week and departing on a BA intra-Europe flight about 1:20 later, also out of T3. As an EXP we have our pick of T3 lounges. Which is the best to get a shower?

The AA lounge showers are the best of the T3 lounge options. Good size and fairly descent ventilation (for the UK - land of the stuffy interior spaces).

Stripe Sep 14, 2013 12:05 am

Originally Posted by HNL (Post 21442533)
The AA lounge showers are the best of the T3 lounge options. Good size and fairly descent ventilation (for the UK - land of the stuffy interior spaces).

Are you referring to the Admiral's Club, FL, or the arrivals lounge?

HNL Sep 14, 2013 12:24 am

Originally Posted by Stripe (Post 21442637)
Are you referring to the Admiral's Club, FL, or the arrivals lounge?

IIRC the AC and the FL have shared shower facilities.

stifle Sep 14, 2013 3:16 am

Correct. I would suggest the CX F lounge myself.

HNL Sep 14, 2013 3:36 am

Originally Posted by stifle (Post 21442995)
Correct. I would suggest the CX F lounge myself.

I was only suggesting the best place for a shower.Really truly honestly the AA lounge complex has the best showers between AA-BA-CX. For Lounging then BA or CX will rank above AA.

teemuflyer Sep 14, 2013 7:12 am

Originally Posted by Stripe (Post 21442392)

I haven't taken a shower at the T3 AC, but I have at the T3 Galleries First Elemis Spa. Very nice, and then afterwards you can wander over to the lounge for a little champagne prior to your flight!

Microwave Sep 14, 2013 9:18 am

CX showers are bedinitely nicer than BA, but I've not tried AA (can't find a single reason to use the AA lounges at LHR ;)).

Wollstonecraft Sep 14, 2013 10:53 am

Originally Posted by Microwave (Post 21443916)
CX showers are bedinitely nicer than BA, but I've not tried AA (can't find a single reason to use the AA lounges at LHR ;)).

I an frequently through here and I have to agree with HNL - AA showers are the best. Americans really love their showers, and these are pretty great. The rooms are huge and there is plenty of space for everything. The showers are always clean, hot and with lots of water pressure.

My usual routine when I have a decent layover in T3 is AA FL for the showers (and security check if outbound), followed by CX J for the noodle bar (CX F is too small, I don't like it), then finally BA F for the champagne.

Why not try them all?

brp Sep 14, 2013 11:02 am

Originally Posted by Wollstonecraft (Post 21444284)

Why not try them all?

Because we have no interest in trying something inferior just to try it when there are known better options available. The food/drink in the BA F lounge fit the way we eat better than the other places (noodles, while they can be tasty, just don't work for us from a healthful eating standpoint). So, we just stay with the best option for us rather than traipsing about to lounges of less quality (for our tastes).

In our case, that's way.

Cheers.

Stripe Sep 14, 2013 12:40 pm

Thanks for the replies. Yes, we Americans love our showers. With a 1:20 layover, the priority will be the shower at AA, then hurry over to the BA F lounge for a bacon butty.