Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int’l. oneworld Lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2015, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: J.Edward
Los Angeles International Airport - Tom Bradley International Terminal oneworld Lounges

Location: Go airside via the North security check. Continue past the SkyTeam marked elevator / lift past the Star Alliance lounge signage and escalators to the main shops area and take the elevator to the oneworld Lounge on floor 5. (LAX / LAWA now allows passengers with same day departing boarding passes multi-terminal access.)

See AA T-4 - LAX TBIT secure airside connector open 25 Feb 2016 for airside access via the secure airside connector.

Qantas International First Lounge
Open daily: 06:30 - 23:30 [currently closed] QF F Lounge has REOPENED as of SEP 2022.

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (7)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated first departing in, or connecting from, first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum and Platinum Pro are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.

oneworld Los Angeles Lounge
Open daily: 14:00 - 20:45

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (9)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated business or first departing in, or connecting from, business or first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in business or first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Sapphire or Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro, and Platinum members are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.
Print Wikipost

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int’l. oneworld Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2018, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
I thought AA EXPs had access to the QF F lounge in LAX when connecting to/from a three class transcon flight in First Class?
Old Mar 30, 2018, 8:06 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by PresRDC
I thought AA EXPs had access to the QF F lounge in LAX when connecting to/from a three class transcon flight in First Class?
I've seen a few other people mention that; however, according to Qantas that does not appear to be the case. FWIW, I have no first hand knowledge. Link to Qantas Lounge Access and Eligibility requirements: https://www.qantas.com/travel/airlin...unge/global/en

Sorry with the new FT I am unable to embed links in Chrome.

OP, FWIW you'll also have access to the AA Flagship Lounge.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 8:18 am

@corporate-wage-slave
Great, thanks for your reply. That's pretty much what i meant by "don't operate a business on their own", though it's hard to put a finger on whether this is OW metal or not.
It will be a transit stop for a few hours and I am assuming T4 or T5, so should be enough time for a nice meal. I thought getting to TBIT would be quite doable with the "new" tunnel, but just wanted to avoid going there I wouldn't have access anyway.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 8:27 am

Programs: AA EXP
Yes, I used this in December while flying LAX-JFK in F. Keep in mind that's the only domestic three class route flying out of LAX now with the 77W being removed from LAX-MIA.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 8:40 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG / Marriott GLD, HHonors GLD
As many others have said, it's an AA flight number and a OW service so you'll have no problem. I routinely go to the QF F lounge from Int'l --> LAX --> SFO. Just know that the walk plus shuttle can take up to 20-30 minutes especially if you have to wait; though most of the time it's a bit shorter than that. The walk from TBIT to T4 is very short, but you do have to walk most of the length of T4 to get to the bus. All in, should be 10 min or so to the bus stop if you're a brisk walker.

If you have plenty of time you can do the QF F for a meal; grab a drink (or shower; I do not like the sterile QF F showers) in the FL in T4 which is on the way to the bus stop in T4, and then finish off in the AC at the remote terminal. I usually arrive to the remote terminal about 35 min before flight time with no problems and sometimes can even duck into the AC there for a quick drink
Old Mar 30, 2018, 9:13 am

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by lds89
As many others have said, it's an AA flight number and a OW service so you'll have no problem. I routinely go to the QF F lounge from Int'l --> LAX --> SFO. Just know that the walk plus shuttle can take up to 20-30 minutes especially if you have to wait; though most of the time it's a bit shorter than that. The walk from TBIT to T4 is very short, but you do have to walk most of the length of T4 to get to the bus. All in, should be 10 min or so to the bus stop if you're a brisk walker.

If you have plenty of time you can do the QF F for a meal; grab a drink (or shower; I do not like the sterile QF F showers) in the FL in T4 which is on the way to the bus stop in T4, and then finish off in the AC at the remote terminal. I usually arrive to the remote terminal about 35 min before flight time with no problems and sometimes can even duck into the AC there for a quick drink
<bolding mine>

This is the perfect strategy.
E55 and lds89 like this.

Last edited by jcatman; Mar 30, 2018 at 10:37 am
Old Mar 30, 2018, 3:21 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
I do this all the time, won't be a problem. It's a bit of a hike to the Eagle gates. Longest it has ever taken me lounge to Eagle's Nest is 20 minutes. Usually less.

Like the above advice, I'll stop in the Admirals Club out there for a Pre-PDB if I have time.
E55 and lds89 like this.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 10:27 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by makrom
I thought getting to TBIT would be quite doable with the "new" tunnel, but just wanted to avoid going there I wouldn't have access anyway.
It is not a tunnel.

JonNYC and deeruck like this.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by TWA884
Fantastic vid. Transiting the Connector provides great aircraft views; walking by people from all over the world; and the chance to look down at the frenzied masses as they approach the TSA checkpoint at the TBIT. When the journey ends inside the glass doors of the Qantas F or Oneworld J lounges, even better.

Definitely a different experience compared to schlepping the tunnels between Terminal 4-5-6......it's like a bomb shelter down there.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 11:25 am
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
That video shows just like 1/3 the path between terminals 6/7 and TBIT.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
By any published oneworld rules, only if flying F (or A or Z).

Non AAdvantage Emerald get status based access to the Qantas First lounge before departing on any oneworld marked and operated service.

PAX flying in First on three class AA transcon services get Class of service based access.

(AA have different rules for the FL in T4.)
Old Jun 26, 2018, 10:28 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
No longer.

No Lounge access anymore at TBIT one world lounge for LAX-JFK or LAX-MIA no matter what class. In spite of showing them the posted one world rules. And in spite of them showing me a piece of paper that said “AA access for LAX-JFK vice versa only no access LAX -MIA vice versa” (all caps, no punctuation). Which clearly says Jfk yes, Mia no but they insisted both were prohibited by AA (“that’s what vice versa means”, which is when I gave up). This was with a supervisor present.

I wouldn’t of cared except my flight left from TBIt
Old Jun 26, 2018, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by beachfan
No longer.
No Lounge access anymore at TBIT one world lounge for LAX-JFK or LAX-MIA no matter what class. In spite of showing them the posted one world rules. And in spite of them showing me a piece of paper that said “AA access for LAX-JFK vice versa only no access LAX -MIA vice versa” (all caps, no punctuation). Which clearly says Jfk yes, Mia no but they insisted both were prohibited by AA (“that’s what vice versa means”, which is when I gave up). This was with a supervisor present.
One World dragons at LAX are mostly morons. Late last year, we were flying JL First LAX-NRT. We were using the QF First Lounge and I tried to visit someone in the One World Lounge. I was denied entrance despite my F ticket and EXP/OW Emerald status because of some mythical "one lounge" rule which said dragon enforced since I had already checked into the QF Lounge.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by SFO777
One World dragons at LAX are mostly morons. Late last year, we were flying JL First LAX-NRT. We were using the QF First Lounge and I tried to visit someone in the One World Lounge. I was denied entrance despite my F ticket and EXP/OW Emerald status because of some mythical "one lounge" rule which said dragon enforced since I had already checked into the QF Lounge.
"One Lounge" Rule? Who invented that jive restriction?
Old Jun 26, 2018, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by beachfan
No longer.

Those dragons do require re-education!

The vice-versa in this context would refer to arrivals access being available after coming off first/business on JFK-LAX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.