Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int値. oneworld Lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2015, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: J.Edward
Los Angeles International Airport - Tom Bradley International Terminal oneworld Lounges

Location: Go airside via the North security check. Continue past the SkyTeam marked elevator / lift past the Star Alliance lounge signage and escalators to the main shops area and take the elevator to the oneworld Lounge on floor 5. (LAX / LAWA now allows passengers with same day departing boarding passes multi-terminal access.)

See AA T-4 - LAX TBIT secure airside connector open 25 Feb 2016 for airside access via the secure airside connector.

Qantas International First Lounge
Open daily: 06:30 - 23:30 [currently closed] QF F Lounge has REOPENED as of SEP 2022.

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (7)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated first departing in, or connecting from, first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum and Platinum Pro are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.

oneworld Los Angeles Lounge
Open daily: 14:00 - 20:45

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (9)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated business or first departing in, or connecting from, business or first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in business or first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Sapphire or Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro, and Platinum members are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.
Print Wikipost

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int値. oneworld Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2016, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LAX to MIA transcon departing at TBIT, do J passengers have access ?

Flew in on CX today with a forced overnight layover thenconnection LAX to MIA AA 68 departing 11am tomorrow.

Looks like AA68 will depart from gate 157 at TBIT. Do we have access at the QF operated OneWorld lounge, given the int'l part has been flown the day before, but AA 's own rule allows access on the specific Transcon flights with LAX -MIA among them?
Old Jun 14, 2016, 10:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Sorry if this has been mentioned already. I've been reading the past couple pages, a lot of people talking about the Qantas rules vs Oneworld Rules. Where exactly were the access rules (quoted above) coming from?

I saw this on Qantas' website (http://www.qantas.com/travel/airline...ge/global/en):

Eligible oneworld Status
Emerald

Next onward flight that day must be on a oneworld operated and marketed flight.#

One guest allowed and must be travelling on a oneworld operated and marketed flight.#

International First oneworld Customers

Next onward flight that day must be on a oneworld operated and marketed flight.#

One guest allowed and must be travelling on a oneworld operated and marketed flight.#
All their access policies mention the "next onward flight." No mention of "connecting from." So something like LHR-LAX-DEN (which I have) would be ineligible?

Even the oneworld page only mentions "departing" (https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access)

oneworld lounge access for frequent flyers by tier status
Enjoy exclusive access to premium airport lounges around the world with oneworld Emerald or Sapphire frequent flyer tier status. Members of oneworld airline frequent flyer programmes with the equivalent of oneworld Emerald or Sapphire tier status can use lounges offered by oneworld airlines when departing on any flight marketed and operated by any oneworld member airline, regardless of cabin class being flown (exceptions are noted below).
The same one world page does however explictly mention lounge access for connecting pax if in Biz or First:

First and Business Class customers connecting on the same day of travel, or before 6am the following day, can access the lounge when travelling between an international long haul (a oneworld international long haul flight is defined as an international flight marketed and operated by any oneworld carrier with a scheduled flight time longer than 5 hours) and an international short haul or domestic flight (and vice-versa).

Last edited by BThumme; Jun 14, 2016 at 10:54 pm
Old Jun 16, 2016, 3:38 am

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
Originally Posted by BThumme
All their access policies mention the "next onward flight." No mention of "connecting from." So something like LHR-LAX-DEN (which I have) would be ineligible?
The Qantas rules are consistent with the oneworld rules. You don't give any details, but if LAX-DEN is on a oneworld carrier (such as AA), and you are Emerald, you have access, no matter what the class of service is for either segment.

However, if you are not Emerald, you would only have access if LHR-LAX was in First.

Connecting and departing mean the same thing in this context. (Presumably, if you are connecting at LAX you are also departing from it. If they meant to exclude connecting passengers, the language would have included "excluding connections" or "originating from the same airport". Sounds like something one of the lounge dragons would make up though)

Also you may have problems accessing the lounge due to inconsitent access policy application. These have been fixed the last few times I flew, but do report back if you encounter a problem.

Last edited by no2chem; Jun 16, 2016 at 3:44 am
Old Jul 5, 2016, 1:20 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Preface: I know what the lounge access rules say.

Does anyone have any recent experience transferring from a same-day inbound intercontinental AA flight to a domestic one and gaining access to the Qantas F lounge at TBIT based on AA EXP status? I'm coming in from LHR and transferring to a domestic flight a couple of hours later and am hoping this has been working of late. TIA
Old Jul 5, 2016, 6:38 pm

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
unfortunately no they wont allow you in - they are very very fussy about which OWE you are.

I'm BA gold so OWE, but they always ask what airline OWE you are. The first time we went to the Qantas lounge we had a little argument till I showed them my BA card. I was quite embarrassed really, as I just thought they would accept my AA BP without BA card.

The Qantas lounge is great ( the bartenders are fantastic) but after a few visits the novelty wears off and we found ourselves back at the flagship.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by Microwave
Preface: I know what the lounge access rules say.

Does anyone have any recent experience transferring from a same-day inbound intercontinental AA flight to a domestic one and gaining access to the Qantas F lounge at TBIT based on AA EXP status? I'm coming in from LHR and transferring to a domestic flight a couple of hours later and am hoping this has been working of late. TIA
In late January I flew GRU-LAX in economy on AA and connected to LAX-DFW on AA. They were actually separate tickets too, but I was still admitted to the Qantas lounge based on my AA EXP status. I can't remember the exchange at the desk entirely, but I do remember there was no issue letting me in. I think they scanned both of my boarding passes and I flashed my EXP card but the card didn't really matter.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 2:24 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Thanks both!
Old Jul 6, 2016, 11:30 am

Thanks both!
based upon the other reply, looks like its worth a try, so Good Luck - the minute steak is very nice btw.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 1:47 am

I wasn't perfectly clear on my situation: my inbound AA intercontinental flight is in first, and I'm connecting to domestic AA flight same day. Thus under oneworld access rules I should be permitted to use a first class lounge during the connection, and my EXP status is icing on the cake, however the agents at the QF F lounge appear to enjoy making up different rules for different days of the week, or at least they have done in the past... I'll give it a go and see how the cookie crumbles.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 9:57 am

I wasn't perfectly clear on my situation: my inbound AA intercontinental flight is in first, and I'm connecting to domestic AA flight same day. Thus under oneworld access rules I should be permitted to use a first class lounge during the connection, and my EXP status is icing on the cake, however the agents at the QF F lounge appear to enjoy making up different rules for different days of the week, or at least they have done in the past... I'll give it a go and see how the cookie crumbles.
Ah... well in that case then yes you should be allowed in as it is definitely a One World F lounge and you flying inter F on a OW airline.

But you know what some lounge agents are like! They may need gentle reminding, as they may just think you are trying to gain access by AA EXP status.

Do enjoy it as its very nice, tho evenings are very busy. We were there once early morning and only ones in there!
Old Jul 7, 2016, 11:23 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, National Executive Elite, Hotels.com Gold
I'm an AA Plat (I will actually hit ExPlat tonight between LAX and JFK).

Here's my situation:
Flying AA LAX-JFK (Transcon, 3 cabin F) tonight on red-eye.
Flying AA marketed, EY operated (A380, J) tomorrow JFK-AUH

I know I will have access to Flagship Lounge in T4. Should I also have access to QF F lounge and/or OneWorld Business Lounge?
Old Jul 7, 2016, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by DrinkRaiderade
.... Should I also have access to QF F lounge and/or OneWorld Business Lounge?
Yes, you should have access ...but be prepared for pushback should you get an incorrectly educated agent.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Seeking correction, not trying to be contrarian, but isn't there an exception in the oneWorld policy that excludes AAdvantage members on solely domestic flights, no matter what the class of service or the elite tier?

Thanks.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 4:13 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
Seeking correction, not trying to be contrarian, but isn't there an exception in the oneWorld policy that excludes AAdvantage members on solely domestic flights, no matter what the class of service or the elite tier?

Thanks.
The exception is for domestic* itineraries, not domestic flights. If you are connecting to*** or from an international** flight the exception does not apply.

*Domestic meaning USA, Canada, Mexico****, Caribbean.
**Not in the domestic list above.****
***On the same day or by 6am on the following day
****Except if traveling to Mexico City, which is counted as international.

And so forth...
Old Jul 7, 2016, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by radarskiy
The exception is for domestic* itineraries, not domestic flights. If you are connecting to*** or from an international** flight the exception does not apply.

*Domestic meaning USA, Canada, Mexico****, Caribbean.
**Not in the domestic list above.****
***On the same day or by 6am on the following day
****Except if traveling to Mexico City, which is counted as international.

And so forth...
Yes, understood, but doesn't the international flight need to be oneWorld operated and marketed (which the Etihad flight is not)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.