Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int’l. oneworld Lounges

Old Apr 30, 2015, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: J.Edward
Los Angeles International Airport - Tom Bradley International Terminal oneworld Lounges

Location: Go airside via the North security check. Continue past the SkyTeam marked elevator / lift past the Star Alliance lounge signage and escalators to the main shops area and take the elevator to the oneworld Lounge on floor 5. (LAX / LAWA now allows passengers with same day departing boarding passes multi-terminal access.)

See AA T-4 - LAX TBIT secure airside connector open 25 Feb 2016 for airside access via the secure airside connector.

Qantas International First Lounge
Open daily: 06:30 - 23:30 [currently closed] QF F Lounge has REOPENED as of SEP 2022.

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (7)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated first departing in, or connecting from, first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum and Platinum Pro are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.

oneworld Los Angeles Lounge
Open daily: 14:00 - 20:45

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (9)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated business or first departing in, or connecting from, business or first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in business or first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Sapphire or Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro, and Platinum members are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.
Print Wikipost

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int’l. oneworld Lounges

Old Sep 24, 2016, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
It's been awhile since I've been in the OW J lounge, but I have three things to report:

1) Seems like getting in on an AA flight and a non-AA status is working normally here still. Used a OWS card to get in on an LAX-ORD flight.

2) Seems like the facilities here are starting to see some wear. The shower had some issue with lights and a shower valve, and the bathroom had some of the automatic sensors sticking out.

3) Breakfast ends at 11:00am, Lunch starts at 11:25. Champagne is still Gloria Ferrer (ick).

Still better than the AC, I suppose.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 1:21 pm

I enjoyed the One World LAX Lounge

I really enjoyed my time at the LAX TBIT Oneworld Lounge. The food was really good for a Domestic lounge. I had a really nice chicken curry with eggplant, potatoes, rice and the breakfast of Muselix was very nice.

I really enjoyed the Gloria Ferret Sparkling wine and the kind lounge staff who kept filling up my Cabernet Wine glass and th espresso machine was nice.

I also enjoyed relaxing in the lounge chairs by the window and had a nice dessert with espresso while listening to music on my computer.

Qantas did an outstanding job partnering with AA and other One World carriers and I can only imagine if SKy Team or Star Alliance has better lounges.

What a beautiful new terminal at TBIT. I enjoyed using the new connector back to Terminal 4 and on to 5-8.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 3:01 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
It's actually an international lounge.

We have merged your post into the existing thread. /Moderator
Old Oct 5, 2016, 4:59 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum & Hilton HHonors Silver
Next week I'm flying to HND on American in MCE

I've recently got AA Platinum status and was wondering if the OneWorld Business lounge was worth going to or should I just stay close and use the Admirals Club.

Thanks
Old Oct 5, 2016, 5:16 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by D-Town714
Next week I'm flying to HND on American in MCE

I've recently got AA Platinum status and was wondering if the OneWorld Business lounge was worth going to or should I just stay close and use the Admirals Club.

Thanks
The oneworld lounge is much, much better. It's in a completely different league than the Admirals Club.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 5:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
You can't even take a guest into the oW lounge unless you have a F ticket?
Old Oct 5, 2016, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by wco81
You can't even take a guest into the oW lounge unless you have a F ticket?
A qualifying business class ticket alone does not grant any guest access.

In order to have one guest, you need a qualifying F ticket, or hold oneworld Emerald or Sapphire status.

These are oneworld rules, not LAX specific.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 6:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, BA GGL/CCR, TK Elite Plus, Marriott Gold4Lyfe, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Tesco Blue
Isn't QF F Lounge in TBIT?

Hi,

I was looking forward to trying out the FL in LAX until I read this thread. I'd definitely prefer the QF F Lounge, but if I'm flying AA metal out of LAX, how would I get over there? Isn't it in the TBIT?

Or, as I fear yet have come to expect with US carriers, am I stuck in a makeshift ramshackle hovel with folding-tables and chairs huddled in the corner of the AC?
Old Oct 17, 2016, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by SkyTeem
Hi,

I was looking forward to trying out the FL in LAX until I read this thread. I'd definitely prefer the QF F Lounge, but if I'm flying AA metal out of LAX, how would I get over there? Isn't it in the TBIT?

Or, as I fear yet have come to expect with US carriers, am I stuck in a makeshift ramshackle hovel with folding-tables and chairs huddled in the corner of the AC?
Yes the QF F lounge is over in TBIT...there is now an airside connector between T4 and TBIT, it's about a 5 min walk between the two.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 6:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
Originally Posted by SkyTeem
Hi,

Yeah it's a pretty easy walk from T4 to TBIT, about 5 mins ever since the connector opened.

And the FL lounge still has better alcohol options (for example Tattinger vs Nicolas Feuillatte champagne). So my mode has been to eat in QF lounge and then go to the FL for drinks till the flight.

But if you have a long layover and want to take a nap, the womb chairs in the QF F lounge are definitely the way to go.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 6:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by no2chem
Yeah it's a pretty easy walk from T4 to TBIT, about 5 mins ever since the connector opened.

And the FL lounge still has better alcohol options (for example Tattinger vs Nicolas Feuillatte champagne). So my mode has been to eat in QF lounge and then go to the FL for drinks till the flight.

But if you have a long layover and want to take a nap, the womb chairs in the QF F lounge are definitely the way to go.
Woah woah woah, FL has Tattinger?
Old Oct 18, 2016, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by hiima
Woah woah woah, FL has Tattinger?
yup... self-service too! At least when I was there last week, there were many bottles... for one to finish of course
I think it's the standard AA F lounge Champagne. If only they served the same thing on the flight...
Old Oct 18, 2016, 8:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Yes the QF F lounge is over in TBIT...there is now an airside connector between T4 and TBIT, it's about a 5 min walk between the two.
How far is it from T4 to T6?

I have a J award on LAX-SYD but I'm traveling with two others so I have to use a Priority Pass lounge, either KAL in TBIT or Alaska Air Boardroom in T6.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 9:02 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Approximately 1/3 mile (~1,450').
Old Oct 18, 2016, 9:05 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond

I have a J award on LAX-SYD but I'm traveling with two others so I have to use a Priority Pass lounge, either KAL in TBIT or Alaska Air Boardroom in T6.
I'd say it takes me about the same time to walk from the Alaska Boardroom in T6 to T4 as from the KAL lounge in TBIT to T4.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.