Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int’l. oneworld Lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2015, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: J.Edward
Los Angeles International Airport - Tom Bradley International Terminal oneworld Lounges

Location: Go airside via the North security check. Continue past the SkyTeam marked elevator / lift past the Star Alliance lounge signage and escalators to the main shops area and take the elevator to the oneworld Lounge on floor 5. (LAX / LAWA now allows passengers with same day departing boarding passes multi-terminal access.)

See AA T-4 - LAX TBIT secure airside connector open 25 Feb 2016 for airside access via the secure airside connector.

Qantas International First Lounge
Open daily: 06:30 - 23:30 [currently closed] QF F Lounge has REOPENED as of SEP 2022.

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (7)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated first departing in, or connecting from, first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum and Platinum Pro are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.

oneworld Los Angeles Lounge
Open daily: 14:00 - 20:45

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (9)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated business or first departing in, or connecting from, business or first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in business or first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Sapphire or Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro, and Platinum members are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.
Print Wikipost

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int’l. oneworld Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2013, 10:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, Bonvoy Platinum, HH Diamond; others
Originally Posted by JDiver
Now that you mention it, it has been discussed a bit. (Question merged - "request" keyword.)
oops - apologies for the complete failure to even try a search! I'll think up a suitable excuse later ...
Old May 13, 2013, 1:47 pm

Can anyone please update after how long the "on request" status changed to ticketed? I have been waiting for 3 days now. I called and they said the ticketing process is slow, even though my wife got hers ticketed in an hour for the same itinerary in Jan.
Old May 13, 2013, 2:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Bonvoy Platinum, HH Diamond; others
Mine (see above) took nearly a week. It all seems to be ok - am partway through that itinerary now.
Old May 13, 2013, 7:13 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by vniceguy
Can anyone please update after how long the "on request" status changed to ticketed? I have been waiting for 3 days now. I called and they said the ticketing process is slow, even though my wife got hers ticketed in an hour for the same itinerary in Jan.
Don't rely on what they said. There could be a major problem. Ask the agent to check into your exact situation instead of providing the boilerplate answer.
Old May 14, 2013, 12:04 pm

Thanks, I called them yesterday evening. They told me everything was fine and it was "in the queue". Got ticketed within an hour after the call.

Originally Posted by Austinrunner
Don't rely on what they said. There could be a major problem. Ask the agent to check into your exact situation instead of providing the boilerplate answer.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 8:02 am

Programs: AA GLD, Marriott PLT, Hilton Diamond
How long does it take to ticket?

Yesterday at about lunchtime, I pulled the trigger on a DFW-LHR-DFW trip. Coach tickets with SWUs applied both outbound and return. this is for two seats. At about 9:00 PM when I saw it still wasn't ticketed, I called the EXP desk and asked what was going on. They said it was in the queue waiting a ticket number and to give it more time. Wake up this morning and still no notification that it was ticketed. Log into AA.com. Reservation still does not show. Have to search for it by PNR. I find it there, and it's still at "Purchased" with "Ticket Pending". Still shows in "C" class and I have seats in the business class cabin.

What's going on? Should I be worried?? I've never run into a situation like this before where it takes this long to get something ticketed (though it's the first time I have been a long haul international ticket and applied and SWU to it)
Old Jun 4, 2013, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
I wouldn't be worried. Give it another day and it will likely update. If it doesn't, then call back and check on it.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 8:22 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Probably similar to the last time this was asked and discussed, very recently

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

(Search term {"ticket"})

Cheers.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by brp
Probably similar to the last time this was asked and discussed, very recently

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

(Search term {"ticket"})

Cheers.
thanks!

I'll read through that before I start to get more worried.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 9:05 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
If you are to fly within the next two weeks, I might actually worry at this point; booked a trip involving AA and BA (AA codeshares) to the UK and India (open jaw to DEL, return from MAA) at about 10 PM Central time and it ticketed within a half hour (start 19 June).

If it's longer than that - months, for example - I'd give it some more time. Tickets can "hang" in the system, and require manual intervention to clear (yes, it's happened to me).

Now moved into the existing thread for member convenience. /Moderator
Old Jun 4, 2013, 9:06 am

Programs: AA EXP
There is also this thread which may be relevant: Warning about applying SWU before ticketing
Old Jun 4, 2013, 9:08 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Good point! Thanks for mentioning that.

Originally Posted by norf9
There is also this thread which may be relevant: Warning about applying SWU before ticketing
Old Jun 4, 2013, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by norf9
I read that. In there, people seemed to suggest that it would be OK to apply the SWU to a HELD reservation to lock it in. So, that's what I did.

My ticket isn't complicated. It doesn't involve any flights other than AA flight numbers on AA metal.

It is months away (mid-December). I jsut don't want to lose the upgrade. I picked these dates because the C inventory showed for two seats both out and back while also giving us a decent amount of time in London.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by jsmeeker
I read that. In there, people seemed to suggest that it would be OK to apply the SWU to a HELD reservation to lock it in. So, that's what I did.

My ticket isn't complicated. It doesn't involve any flights other than AA flight numbers on AA metal.

It is months away (mid-December). I jsut don't want to lose the upgrade. I picked these dates because the C inventory showed for two seats both out and back while also giving us a decent amount of time in London.
IMO if your ticket hasn't been issued within 24 hours (for something that doesn't involve the rate desk, which you'll know because you'll already know the exact price) call. Nothing good can be happening. If the agent doesn't put you on hold and find the answer, insist or call again.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 10:06 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by jsmeeker
Yes, this does work. The only complication even with this comes if one is trying to use any kind of voucher or gift certificate (we still had some CostCo GCs left). They can't process those on held reservations with SWU applied (maybe even stickers, but I don't know). They have to take out the upgrades, do the ticketing, and put them back. A risk. Why this very odd combination of things? No idea, but it really leads me further down the path of the monkey/typewriter school of programming.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.