Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

What's the deal with AA.com [merger-related web site issues]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the deal with AA.com [merger-related web site issues]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2015, 3:23 pm

Interestingly enough I've been able to log into the AA site all day. But now trying to get into my US account through the site and app, I keep getting a notification that my account is locked. My next flight isn't until Fri, so will give it a day or two to see if it sorts itself out.

Originally Posted by nwflyboy
2 days ago, I checked the balances in all 4 of my and my wife's AA and USAir accounts - I figured it would be good to have up-to-date numbers before the mashup.

I checked today and my wife's AA + DM accounts were merged fine, AA.com shows the correct new combined total.

I tried logging in to my AA account and it rejects my credentials. I tried multiple times using my AA login, all failed. Tried once using USAir DM login and that failed, too.

I think I have used 5 of the 6 attempts they give you before "locking" your account, so I'm hesitant to take another crack at it.

Anyone else find that their login credentials are rejected as of today?
Old Mar 29, 2015, 4:07 pm

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by nwflyboy
2 days ago, I checked the balances in all 4 of my and my wife's AA and USAir accounts - I figured it would be good to have up-to-date numbers before the mashup.

I checked today and my wife's AA + DM accounts were merged fine, AA.com shows the correct new combined total.

I tried logging in to my AA account and it rejects my credentials. I tried multiple times using my AA login, all failed. Tried once using USAir DM login and that failed, too.

I think I have used 5 of the 6 attempts they give you before "locking" your account, so I'm hesitant to take another crack at it.

Anyone else find that their login credentials are rejected as of today?

I can't log in with either set of credentials,so you are not alone. Tech support was little help- sorry for the inconvenience, and despite the website telling me my account is locked,that it is not. Doesn't much matter since I cannot get in-locked or not. Very frustrating
Old Mar 29, 2015, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Just logged in and all worked fine...revealed a new set of pages for our account information though. However, mileage hasn't been updated for flight taken since March 25/26th.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 5:22 pm

I can log in to aa.com, but can't see any future flights I booked and nothing flown since 3/25 has posted either. Usairways.com shows no future flights of mine and refers me to aa.com.

I'm able to check in with my confirmation number, but not seeing my future flights sucks. Also, I had a cancelled flight with US that I hadn't used yet - I wonder if that's gone forever now?

Hopefully this is all sorted soon.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 6:58 pm

For those locked out of either AA or US websites....

For those locked out of either AA or US websites....

To recap my situation, I was able to log into the AA site, but the US site was telling me my account was locked for security reasons. Spoke with a helpful person from AA site support and they told me to go through the "Forgot Password" process through the AA site, despite being able to use it with my existing credentials. Said that once my password was reset through that route, it would work for BOTH AA and US sites.

Once I went through that process, all was working like he said.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 7:25 pm

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred
Originally Posted by WhatTheMiguel
I can log in to aa.com, but can't see any future flights I booked and nothing flown since 3/25 has posted either. Usairways.com shows no future flights of mine and refers me to aa.com.

I'm able to check in with my confirmation number, but not seeing my future flights sucks. Also, I had a cancelled flight with US that I hadn't used yet - I wonder if that's gone forever now?

Hopefully this is all sorted soon.
Ditto. My US Air flights no longer show up at either website. I can find the flight by confirmation number on US Air, but I cannot do so on AA. Hopefully, they will sort this out soon.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP/4MM UA 1MM, HY Global, Bon Lft Plat, HH Dia
No access, no assistance from AA.com or agents for either account. Locked out of account, can't change password. Referred to contact AA for assistance. Last email from AA on Saturday said the accounts were linked, unable to access since.

Around and around we go......
Old Mar 30, 2015, 12:51 pm

Programs: UA-LifetimePremierGold, PLT: Bonvoy, IHG, GLD: Enterprise, Budget
still unable to access aa.com

Unable to access aa.com the past few days as well.
Originally Posted by dlflyer2
No access, no assistance from AA.com or agents for either account. Locked out of account, can't change password. Referred to contact AA for assistance. Last email from AA on Saturday said the accounts were linked, unable to access since.

Old Mar 30, 2015, 3:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Mileage is now updated. Segments don't include 3.27 flight yet.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 3:30 pm

Programs: double EX-PLT
I can login with IE but not with Palemoon, it stopped accepting RC4 ciphers by default.

I had to use my phone to check in, IE just spun and spun and then said the site was too busy. My exit row seats had been changed since I made my res in January, not the first time that's happened.

The new site seems to have added more sites wanting to run java script.

USair threw out my miles because I had not flown them in a number of years.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 4:28 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Can't get AA to load

Maybe someone can help me figure out how to get past this. This started today.

On my Windows desktop machine using Firefox, I go to my bookmark for aa.com, or I manually type aa.com and I get this message:

Sorry, the website validate-sjc.www.aa.com cannot be found

It resolves to this URL:
http ://finder.cox.net/main?InterceptSource=0&ClientLocation=us&Participa ntID=96e687opkbv4scrood8k84drs6gw5duf&FailureMode= 1&SearchQuery=&FailedURI=http%3A%2F%2Fvalidate-sjc. http://www.aa.com%2F%3Fv_locale%3Den...n=0&method=GET
I can't seem to do anything. Manually deleting cookies and history has had no impact.

I know aa.com is up, as I can access it via my MacBook on the same wireless network.

Any ideas how I can get past this and connected to the AA website on my primary computer?

Thank you!
Old Mar 30, 2015, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by dlflyer2

Same here and every contact I have had with AA has been unable to correct this. My accounts were linked correctly and now I have no access to either.

I am so fed up at this point, I plan to cancel my existing flights and book all my near future flights elsewhere.

What a mess-and they know it
Old Mar 30, 2015, 4:53 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
Maybe someone can help me figure out how to get past this. This started today.

On my Windows desktop machine using Firefox, I go to my bookmark for aa.com, or I manually type aa.com and I get this message:

Sorry, the website validate-sjc.www.aa.com cannot be found

It resolves to this URL:
http ://finder.cox.net/main?InterceptSource=0&ClientLocation=us&Participa ntID=96e687opkbv4scrood8k84drs6gw5duf&FailureMode= 1&SearchQuery=&FailedURI=http%3A%2F%2Fvalidate-sjc. http://www.aa.com%2F%3Fv_locale%3Den...n=0&method=GET
I can't seem to do anything. Manually deleting cookies and history has had no impact.

I know aa.com is up, as I can access it via my MacBook on the same wireless network.

Any ideas how I can get past this and connected to the AA website on my primary computer?

Thank you!
I was getting the same thing on Win7 and Chome, even though I'm at a hotel and not on a Cox Cable line. On my iPad it works fine.

Try aa.com/checkin which seems to bypass whatever nonsense is tripping that "validate.sjc" stuff. No idea what that is.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 6:30 pm

Locked out of AA Website

I am locked out of the AA website. I am relatively sure it is because of the merger and consolidation of accounts. AA's IT and the Aadvantage Dept were not able to help. Has anyone had a similar experience.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 6:49 pm

Unfortunately,there are many reports of this happening,including me. No one at AA has any idea toward resolution.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.