Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

What's the deal with AA.com [merger-related web site issues]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the deal with AA.com [merger-related web site issues]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2015, 6:53 pm

Programs: UA-LifetimePremierGold, PLT: Bonvoy, IHG, GLD: Enterprise, Budget
Am getting this same message (website validate-sc.www.aa.com cannot be resolved). Firefox on Windows 7.

Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
Maybe someone can help me figure out how to get past this. This started today.

On my Windows desktop machine using Firefox, I go to my bookmark for aa.com, or I manually type aa.com and I get this message:

Sorry, the website validate-sjc.www.aa.com cannot be found

It resolves to this URL:
http ://finder.cox.net/main?InterceptSource=0&ClientLocation=us&Participa ntID=96e687opkbv4scrood8k84drs6gw5duf&FailureMode= 1&SearchQuery=&FailedURI=http%3A%2F%2Fvalidate-sjc. http://www.aa.com%2F%3Fv_locale%3Den...n=0&method=GET
I can't seem to do anything. Manually deleting cookies and history has had no impact.

I know aa.com is up, as I can access it via my MacBook on the same wireless network.

Any ideas how I can get past this and connected to the AA website on my primary computer?

Thank you!
Old Mar 30, 2015, 8:40 pm
BCH

For the time being, you can try to access your bookings, AAdvantage accounts, etc by going to www.aa.co.uk. That seems to work.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 9:24 pm

Looks like a redirect. I don't claim to be an expert, but if your ISP is redirecting you can specify DNS servers to bypass your ISP's. Some info here: http://www.wikihow.com/Opt-out-of-DNS-Redirection I haven't done this myself but should, one day Comcast DNS was non-functional and I wish I had configured alternate DNS entries.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 1:09 am

Programs: double EX-PLT
My win 8 PC gives me
Pale Moon can't find the server at validate-sjc.www.aa.com

but a Virtualbox VM running XP works if I enable RC4-SHA
Old Mar 31, 2015, 8:01 am

Programs: UA-LifetimePremierGold, PLT: Bonvoy, IHG, GLD: Enterprise, Budget
access to aa.com seems fine on Chrome browser

Was able to access aa.com using Chrome on Windows 7. Seems the problems, at least for me, seem to be Firefox specific.
Originally Posted by nsx1164
Am getting this same message (website validate-sc.www.aa.com cannot be resolved). Firefox on Windows 7.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 1:20 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by nsx1164
Was able to access aa.com using Chrome on Windows 7. Seems the problems, at least for me, seem to be Firefox specific.
I'm still having the issue when logged into Chrome (but not in Incognito mode). I wonder if it has something to do with saved credentials.

Edited to add: That's what it was. I deleted cookies and saved passwords for AA.com, and it works now.

Last edited by aamilesslave; Mar 31, 2015 at 1:27 pm
Old Apr 1, 2015, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
I couldn't log on to the AA website for a few days. I finally went through the motions to reset my password. It turns out, that the old AA login would allow a password with 20 characters, but the new one is limited to 16. So my old password was no longer valid.

I remember this issue with the old US Airways site as well. I didn't read every post in this thread, but this issue probably didn't affect very many people.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.