Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVED: Expiring (28 Feb 2015) SWU giveaway thread [PLEASE READ WIKI!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 14, 2015, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!

As in past years, we often have very generous members of our community give away expiring systemwide upgrades. A reminder that upgrades will generally only be confirmed for flights on/before the 28 Feb expiry. (In the past, upgrades could sometimes be applied to flights post-expiration date as long as it could be confirmed. However, AA has recently become more strict. See this thread for more information: New *internal* changes will 90%+ eliminate post-expiration use of SWUs

Please familiarise yourself with these ground rules. Posts that do not conform to the rules will be removed.
Space
  • Asking for SWUs is not permitted! Donors will post here, and members are welcome to communicate via PM from there. If you don't see an open request, don't ask for one.
  • In order to comply with AAdvantage T&C, SWUs must given freely, with no strings attached.
  • Out of respect of our generous donors, please follow their instructions and contact them with the information they request.
  • Donors can ultimately make the choice of recipient (tenured/contributive member, longer flight itins, international vs. domestic itins, etc.).
  • This thread is NOT for the discussion of ethics, entitlement, or nomination of charities/groups as recipients.
  • If anybody offers to sell, buy, or trade SWUs by PM, please contact the moderators immediately, as this is a violation of AAdvantage and FlyerTalk rules. (Appropriate disciplinary action will be taken.)

Thanks everyone!

/AAdvantage forum moderators
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVED: Expiring (28 Feb 2015) SWU giveaway thread [PLEASE READ WIKI!]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2015, 4:28 pm

Programs: OZ *G, HHonors Gold, Aclub Plat
Have one SWU to give away.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 2:55 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I had one left expiring at the end of this month an I just called to apply it to a last minute trip.....agent says it's not there and I only have the 8 thru 2016. I verified I had one left with EXP desk a couple months ago good till Feb 15.....anyone else experienced this?

Edited to note I just figured out I got lucky and EXP agent applied my SWU for a HKG trip post 2/28/15......very nice! Didn't think this was possible but I am not complaining

Last edited by AANYC1981; Feb 18, 2015 at 3:10 am
Old Feb 18, 2015, 9:06 am
swy

Programs: Greyhound Vermillion Mithril
Originally Posted by JY1024
Absolutely!
I'd like to thank txrus for making my transpacific flight a lot more enjoyable!!
Old Feb 18, 2015, 10:10 am

Programs: AA LT G (1MM);DL G, UA GM
Thanks to bhomburg and the other generous FTers willing to share their bounty!
Old Feb 21, 2015, 2:57 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA Prem Plat
Agreed! As the very happy recipient of one of these eVIPs for a TPAC flight, I want to also thank the many generous FTers on this thread! Reminds me of the "community" that first drew me to FT (not to mention the fun DC-area DOs back in the day...).

Last edited by joker545; Feb 21, 2015 at 6:19 am
Old Feb 21, 2015, 6:51 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
I have a couple to burn- pm me.

Taken.

Last edited by pauleeepaul; Feb 21, 2015 at 1:53 pm
Old Feb 21, 2015, 7:57 am

Programs: AA EXP
Nice to see something other than snark and sass on the AA board hah!

Last edited by Pinned; Feb 21, 2015 at 12:47 pm
Old Feb 23, 2015, 12:48 pm

I have a couple expiring 2/28. Please PM me if you need 1.

Please have confirmed SWU availability with AA.
International flights only please.

Thanks.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 3:52 pm

I have 3 SWUs to give away that expire 2/28/15 in the hope that someone else may return the favor for a roundtrip flight to HKG that I have April of this year. No strings attached so just trying to build good karma. I tried to get AA to extend the SWUs, but they would not. DM if you would need help or would like to provide help. ;-). Thanks.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 5:08 pm

Programs: AA Platinum - 1MM+
I have 2 SWUs expiring Feb. 28th.
PM me if interested, need PNR. Priority given to long haul flights. Please verify that the flight you want to upgrade has availability for SWU upgrades before PM'ing me (call AA and ask!)
And return the karma to someone in the future :-)
Old Feb 23, 2015, 7:29 pm

I too would like to thank bhomburg and the other generous FT's. Very much appreciated. It is a long way from Asia to the east coast. After 22 hours of travel I was still able to be productive and put in a full days work. Thank you
Old Feb 24, 2015, 4:16 am

Programs: AA, LH, UA, TA, DL
1 SWU gone...

and 1 SWU left!
Please ensure there are enough seats available for your flight.
PM me if interested
Old Feb 25, 2015, 9:12 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
I have 2 extra. First confirm availability then send a PM.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 1:34 pm

Programs: AA Exp, Radisson VIP, Expedia OneKey Platinum, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amex Plati
I also have one SWU up for grabs, although I see from the messages here that there are many of these floating around and there may be an availability crunch.

But anyway, PM me with a PNR and we'll see what we can do.

EDIT: SWU has found a very happy home on a 77W.

Last edited by arabiamark; Feb 26, 2015 at 11:17 am
Old Feb 26, 2015, 6:30 am

Programs: IKEA Family Card
I've left one too. PM me with your PNR, please check availability before.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.