Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVED: Expiring (28 Feb 2015) SWU giveaway thread [PLEASE READ WIKI!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 14, 2015, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!

As in past years, we often have very generous members of our community give away expiring systemwide upgrades. A reminder that upgrades will generally only be confirmed for flights on/before the 28 Feb expiry. (In the past, upgrades could sometimes be applied to flights post-expiration date as long as it could be confirmed. However, AA has recently become more strict. See this thread for more information: New *internal* changes will 90%+ eliminate post-expiration use of SWUs

Please familiarise yourself with these ground rules. Posts that do not conform to the rules will be removed.
Space
  • Asking for SWUs is not permitted! Donors will post here, and members are welcome to communicate via PM from there. If you don't see an open request, don't ask for one.
  • In order to comply with AAdvantage T&C, SWUs must given freely, with no strings attached.
  • Out of respect of our generous donors, please follow their instructions and contact them with the information they request.
  • Donors can ultimately make the choice of recipient (tenured/contributive member, longer flight itins, international vs. domestic itins, etc.).
  • This thread is NOT for the discussion of ethics, entitlement, or nomination of charities/groups as recipients.
  • If anybody offers to sell, buy, or trade SWUs by PM, please contact the moderators immediately, as this is a violation of AAdvantage and FlyerTalk rules. (Appropriate disciplinary action will be taken.)

Thanks everyone!

/AAdvantage forum moderators
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVED: Expiring (28 Feb 2015) SWU giveaway thread [PLEASE READ WIKI!]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2015, 8:06 pm

Programs: UA Gold, AA EXP, Starwood Gold
Travel is for September. I was just surprised when first agent applied and cleared 4 swu and gave me seats. It was Y to C.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 8:14 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by Shadownite
Travel is for September. I was just surprised when first agent applied and cleared 4 swu and gave me seats. It was Y to C.
But at that time you just had it all on hold, correct? Probably didn't have the need to validate your systemwides until you were ready to pay for the reservation. Did they put you on hold at any time to call and validate the systemwides? It happens every time I call to upgrade and takes a few minutes.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 8:23 pm

Programs: UA Gold, AA EXP, Starwood Gold
had made the reservation at AA.com and put it on hold. I immediately called exp line to see what would happen. What Tom911 was how I understand the system. I was just confused when the agent cleared them.

In any case I'll make a social post to friends and family and if no takers I'll give all of them to FT community
Old Feb 7, 2015, 5:51 am

Programs: AA EXP DL Plat BA Gold
Originally Posted by murtuza
I have 2 AA SWU which I want to give away for free. They expire on 02/28/15. If this is against FT terms, MODS are free to remove it. Just reply on this thread and I will give away to any one who meet below criteria:
1. Those wanting to use for International flight gets precedence over domestic and upgrade space should be available in their desired flight. Only first 50 replies will be considered (of-course from different handles).

Hope some one can use them.
Continuing the idea of good fortune...
I have three SWU's that expire at the end of the month. I have no way to use them. Same preference for international over domestic.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska, AA, UA, DL, SPG, AMEX
1. ORD-DFW-HKG - BRUCE770 -- 8924 - 2 SWU required. -- Upgrade Space not available as of now!
1. ORD-DFW-HKG - ORDPLATAA -- 8924 - 1 SWU required -- Upgrade Space not available as of now

2. PVG-DFW-GSP Ben296 -- 8212 - 1 SWU used

Next: Can the folks with "blue" below let me know their trip details. Also will appreciate if you can confirm number of SWU required as well as check Upgrade space availability as that will save both of us some time? Please note, I will offer more than 1 SWU to a person only if they have party of 2 travelling, otherwise it's one SWU per person.
-------------------------------------------
DFW-ICN 86gn -- 6841 -- 1 SWU required?
IAD-DFW-MIA-LHR rhuerta36 -- 6717 -- Upgrade space not available
LHR-DFW-ONT kauppias -- 5938 -- 1 SWU required?
ATL-LHR - fotographer -- 4210 -- 1 SWU required?

--------------------------------------------
YYZ-LGA-JFK-LHR - zakman -- 3806

Last edited by murtuza; Feb 7, 2015 at 5:57 pm Reason: added some notes
Old Feb 7, 2015, 6:07 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, AA Plat, Hyatt Plat
I am so lucky!
You made my day, Murtuza!
Thanks again for your generosity!^^^
Ben
Originally Posted by murtuza
[COLOR="Red"]
2. PVG-DFW-GSP Ben296 -- 8212 - 1 SWU used
Old Feb 8, 2015, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by catmndu
Continuing the idea of good fortune...
I have three SWU's that expire at the end of the month. I have no way to use them. Same preference for international over domestic.
YGPM. Nice offer!
Old Feb 8, 2015, 3:46 pm

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
I have 2 more SWU's that went unused yesterday (thanks Dougie ) & would love for someone to be able to use them.

Prefer long-haul int'l & there must be inventory available for immediate confirmation-not going to deal w/waitlisting.

Please PM me if you can use them w/your flight details, etc.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 6:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
4 SWUs

PM Pls.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 6:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska, AA, UA, DL, SPG, AMEX
1. ORD-DFW-HKG - BRUCE770 -- 8924 - 2 SWU required.
2. ORD-DFW-HKG - ORDPLATAA -- 8924 - 1 SWU required.
3. DFW-ICN 86gn -- 6841 -- 1 SWU required.
4. IAD-DFW-MIA-LHR rhuerta36 -- 6717 -- 1 SWU required.
5. LHR-DFW-ONT kauppias -- 5938 -- 1 SWU required.
6. ATL-LHR - fotographer -- 4210 -- 1 SWU required.
7. YYZ-LGA-JFK-LHR - zakman -- 3806 -- 1 SWU required.

Can all the folks above send me the travel date on which they want to apply SWU waitlisted. The earliest departure date gets the preference (so that if they do not clear, it can still be used by the next one)
Old Feb 8, 2015, 8:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I've never gotten an upgrade on an international flight. Scheduled to fly LAX-MIA-GRU-LHR-MUC-DXB-SIN-SYD-LAX later this year. My rear is going to hurt in coach the whole way! Wish I had better timing to utilize some of these
Old Feb 8, 2015, 8:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
Thanks murtuza for your generosity!.
I don't need one, but my advice to you is, please tried to give/share your SWUs to members with more than 200 messages and their account are at least 6 months old.
Active users (those who usually help) should have a high priority, after all, this is a forum where we all share experiences/help each others.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by ashkale
PM Pls.
Thanks for your generosity!
Old Feb 9, 2015, 11:27 am
swy

Programs: Greyhound Vermillion Mithril
Originally Posted by txrus
Call the desk & if there is availability to confirm the upgrade, vs. being waitlisted (at least to use mine), then let one of us w/the SWU's know via a PM w/all your flight info.
txrus I PM'ed you~
Old Feb 9, 2015, 1:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP DL Plat BA Gold
Mine are all spoken for at this point. Two are on waitlist so by I may have some available if the ones on waitlist don't clear.

catmndu

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.