Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

HELP: JUST THE FACTS / FAQs: Combined AA/US AAdvantage FFP 2014 on

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 28, 2014, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver

PLEASE NOTE: this thread has been re dedicated for "JUST THE FACTS" in an attempt to raise the signal to noise ratio, allowing members to find germane information about the AAdvantage program (merged pre-merger AAdvantage, and Dividend Miles, now under way) program and get factual answers to your / frequently asked questions from experienced members.

REACTION DISCUSSION: Combined AA/US AAdvantage program announced Oct 2014 – opinions

Please use the thread started for impressions, opinions, reactions, feelings, concerns, etc. and keep this thread for "JUST THE FACTS" and ACTUAL REPLIES. And of course, feel free to add new facts and findings to this wiki for members' ease in finding information on the new FFP.

Thank you, the AA fora moderation team

AAdvantage loyalty program in 2015 - LINK
The AAdvantage program will continue to offer three elite status levels – AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Platinum and Gold – and you’ll still have three ways to qualify with elite-qualifying miles, points and segments. On January 1, 2015, the segment qualification requirement for Executive Platinum will move to 120, and the current 100 segment threshold will continue until December 31, 2014.

Three tiers:
  • Executive Platinum - 100k EQM / 100k EQP / 120 Segments
  • Platinum - 50k EQM / 50k EQP / 60 Segments
  • Gold - 25k EQM / 25k EQP / 30 Segments

Elite Status Benefits:
  • AAdvantage elite status members receive select reciprocal benefits to enrich their travel journey when flying on US Airways.
  • This includes upgrades on US Airways on the day of departure when available, First/Business Class check-in, priority through security checkpoints, priority boarding, complimentary checked bags, access to preferred seats, and priority baggage delivery for Executive Platinum and Platinum members.
  • Upgrades will still be different on American and US Airways flights until we have a single reservation system at the end of 2015. For now, continue flying and enjoying reciprocal benefits and the ability to earn and redeem miles on both carriers. We’ll keep you updated as we move forward with other important integration milestones.

Million Miler Program:
  • 1 Million combined miles - Lifetime Gold Status
  • 2 Million combined miles - Lifetime Platinum Status

Upgrades on American: https://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/AAdvantage2015/index.jsp#500mile
  • All flights 500 miles and under, no stickers needed and are complimentary regardless of elite status for the elite members.
  • Complimentary upgrades will be auto requested for all elite levels at booking. Non complimentary upgrades (aka those needing 500mi stickers) will have to be requested manually.
  • No complimentary upgrades for Y/B fares for Gold/Platinum anymore (unless flight is 500 miles or less)
  • Companion Upgrades still will require 500mi stickers to be used.
  • 8 SWUs for EXP level and EXPs still will not earn 500mi stickers to use for companions.

2015 - January Updates:
  • Executive Platinum and Chairman's Preferred members enjoy complimentary same-day confirmed flight changes on American, a new benefit
  • Redeem all your Special Dividends by early 2015; qualification ends in December 2014

2015 - 2nd Quarter Updates:
  • Move to three elite status levels in the AAdvantage program – Gold, Platinum and Executive Platinum
  • Qualify for elite status based on elite-qualifying miles, segments or points
  • Receive a 100% mileage bonus if you're a Dividend Miles Gold or Platinum member who becomes AAdvantage Platinum
  • Redeem miles for AAnytime awards and mileage upgrade awards on both American and US Airways marketed and operated flights
  • Upgrade on American marketed and operated flights before day of departure

On March 13 2015, AAdvantage sent a letter to members saying "we're on track to bring the US Airways Dividend Miles® program into the AAdvantage program within the next 30 days."

N.B. The previous thread discussing the putative, pre-announcement AAdvantage program, entitled "Speculation and discussion of what the new merged FFP might look like (consolidated)" can be found here; it has been closed and archived.

Some useful resources:

FT:Airport Terminal, Gate & Counter Changes

Link to Gary Leff's "View from the Wing" interview with AA's Suzanne Rubin

Link to TravelingBetter with JonNYC's information.

Clarifying contact from AA provided by jmachin:

We want to address all your concerns. Thank you for responding to our most recent email.

I apologize for the delay in answering. I wanted to discuss the point you raised with our executive team and get you a correct answer.

When our frequent flyer programs are combined sometime in the second quarter of 2015, if your 2014 combined elite-qualifying activity meets the requirements for AAdvantage Executive Platinum status, then your AAdvantage account will be updated with Executive Platinum status. The requirements for 2014 are 100,000 elite-qualifying miles, 100,000 elite-qualifying points, or 100 elite-qualifying segments, with at least 4 segments flown on American Airlines or US Airways.

This means that if you end 2014 with 107 elite-qualifying segments and at least 4 of those segments were American Airlines or US Airways flights, then you will receive Executive Platinum status when the programs are combined. Until that point, you will have Dividend Miles Preferred Platinum status.

Please be aware, beginning in 2015, the segment requirements will be 120 segments to re-qualify for Executive Platinum status. We look forward to having you as an AAdvantage Executive Platinum member!

Regards,

Kathleen L.
AAdvantage Customer Service
American Airlines.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2015, 9:18 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
From Gary Leff's recent interview of Suzanne Rubin:

I had a series of rapid fire questions and one piece of the answer here intrigued me. I learned that American will be “a little more lenient” with these US Airways-issued awards than Dividend Miles had been, such as being able to make date and time changes to already-issued US Airways awards without a fee (something American offered, but that US Airways under a strict reading of the rules did not.. though was always ‘your mileage may vary’ with agents).
Not major changes, he goes on to say, such as origin or destination changes, stopover changes already settled...
Old Mar 29, 2015, 3:52 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by drowelf
Anyone know if the miles expiration date will reset with the FFP Merge or will the current date for my DM Miles carry over. I have no AA miles (nor AA FFP #) at this time.

TIA
Doesn't appear that the migration resets expiration date, but it did reset to based on my last true activity date. (e.g. AA expiration now based on my last US flight).
Old Mar 29, 2015, 3:56 am

Originally Posted by Segments
Doesn't appear that the migration resets expiration date, but it did reset to based on my last true activity date. (e.g. AA expiration now based on my last US flight).
So it did reset (to your last combined activity), correct?
Old Mar 29, 2015, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
HELP: JUST THE FACTS / FAQs: Combined AA/US AAdvantage FFP 2014

Mine shows expiration date of 9/2016, which is 18 months from the date my DM miles came in.

I only had a couple hundred miles in there before, with my last activity getting 2012 on a JL fight. So I know it updated.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 7:31 am

My wife's and my FF accounts were each successfully merged this morning.

I got a strange email from AA with the subject "An update on matching your accounts" and the text a line of seemingly random letters and numbers punctuated by dashes.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 7:38 am
Formerly richh1833

Programs: QF P1, BA GGL, AS GMVP
Wife's account has been merged. Mines still in limbo.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by Superguy
Mine shows expiration date of 9/2016, which is 18 months from the date my DM miles came in.

I only had a couple hundred miles in there before, with my last activity getting 2012 on a JL fight. So I know it updated.
It shows the same 18 month expiration date for my wife and kid's account.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 9:30 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by 110pgl
Quote: Originally Posted by Segments

So it did reset (to your last combined activity), correct?
Correct. Others are indicating that the 3/25 migration date counts as activity but that is not my experience.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by Superguy

What was your last activity date on either US or AA? (Not including the transfer of your DM miles into your AA account)
Old Mar 29, 2015, 9:43 am

Quick question, my Brother In-Law (he is German) emailed me this morning that he attempted to log into USAirways.com (Germann Site) and he said for the first time (I am not sure when he last logged on could be a while as he does not fly all that often) the site told him to goto AA.com which he did, but has no idea what if/any AAdvantage # he might have been assigned as he never flew with AA in his life to date.

He has two US Airways reservations from FRA-PHL coming up and wanted to ensure that they were still in tact, etc., but does not know how to check them on AA.com.

Any insight?
Old Mar 29, 2015, 9:50 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond, UA Silver
He should be able to use his DM number (or email address) and DM pasword. Has he tried that?
Old Mar 29, 2015, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by kmersh
Quick question, my Brother In-Law (he is German) emailed me this morning that he attempted to log into USAirways.com (Germann Site) and he said for the first time (I am not sure when he last logged on could be a while as he does not fly all that often) the site told him to goto AA.com which he did, but has no idea what if/any AAdvantage # he might have been assigned as he never flew with AA in his life to date.

He has two US Airways reservations from FRA-PHL coming up and wanted to ensure that they were still in tact, etc., but does not know how to check them on AA.com.

Any insight?
If he actually went to the AA site it says login with AA#, DM# or username. Doesn't seem too difficult.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 9:53 am

HELP: JUST THE FACTS / FAQs: Combined AA/US AAdvantage FFP 2014

I believe those without an AA number should be able to use their DM number and password to access their new "account number unknown" from the AA site. This is why the site has been changed to require account holder surname. It allows the systems to identify whether the number entered is AA or US since both have used similar coding (alphanumeric account numbers). An email with the new account number will be sent after transfer is complete.

Hopefully this works for your BIL, but as others have noted the migration is ongoing. Searching by PNR/ confirmation number should also work to check his current reservation.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 10:19 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Looks like everything migrated for my account this morning as I expected, except my 500 mile upgrades show 0, and I should receive 16. I assume it will get corrected some time.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Can't change profile info

Ok, has anyone hit this yet?

Trying to update my account. I'm able to log in but if I try to change any profile info it prompts for my password to confirm but that check fails. I use LastPass to manage passwords and it appears to have picked up on the new login screens plugging right data into the right fields, but the password confirmation popup just isn't all there (I use cut & paste for now).

It may be somethings are still locked down, so I will try again in a few days. No flights in the works at the moment so no rush.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.