Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Missing miles: how long to post, what to do etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 5, 2015, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
"I'm missing miles from _____." "How long does it take for my miles from ____ to post?" Etc.
Note: AA IT often carries out batch processes on the weekends. This could mean:
  • You might find your account miles, etc. with zero totals for a few hours over the weekend.

• Partner miles earned near the weekend might not post until the following weekend
Some partner miles might take longer than it would for AA flights. It is always advised to try to assure your AA Frequent Flyer Number is on your boarding passes, and we always advise retaining your boarding passes (or take screen shots of e-boarding passes) until your instruments have all posted.

If you flew on a partner airline, be sure of your earning rates; see here to verify if you were eligible to earn miles, and to see if they were Elite Qualifying or merely Redeemable miles. Also see: this link to the missing miles claim form.

Dear JDiver,

Thanks for visiting AA.com. This email confirms that your AAdvantage(R) mileage credit request for your itinerary has been received as follows:

Passenger(s) :

Ticket Number : 001-1234567890

Code:
Airline	Flight Date	Flight	Origin	Destination	Cabin
 American Airlines	2015-08-08	1234	AAA	BB 	First
We will verify your flight information and post the eligible miles to your account. If you check your account balance via AA.com®, please allow up to 10 days for AA flights and 30 days for partner airline flights to appear in your account.

If you have any immediate concerns regarding your account, please contact AAdvantage Customer Service.

You can now access your travel information wherever you are with the new mobile version of AA.com.

AA.com
American Airlines

See the AAdvantage FAQs:

3. Earning Miles

Q: How do I receive mileage credit?
A: Remember to include your AAdvantage number when you book or shop with AAdvantage partners. You should keep your receipts and boarding passes until you see the credit on aa.com/myaccount. If credit does not appear, you can request missing flight miles. For non-airline missing miles, visit our missing mileage credit page for a list of partner contacts.

Q: Can I earn miles for someone else's activity or earn credit in more than one loyalty program?
A: Only the person who flies, stays or rents earns miles. For example, even if you paid for your son's ticket, your son would earn the miles. And you can only earn credit in one loyalty program at a time.
FAQ

Q. What do I do if a flight hasn’t posted?

If it has been longer than two days, you can fill out the missing miles form online here. (Requires your AA FFN and ticket number.) Partner airlines may require a longer wait time.

But, some airlines have known issues with certain eligible fares posting. See

AY / Finnair “ineligible” flights for AAdvantage mileage accrual glitch

and

Earning AA AAdvantage Miles on CX / Cathay (including Upgrade Issues)

Q. What can I do for non-flight partner miles that haven’t posted?

See this AA guide with links here.

Alternatively, contact AAdvantage Customer Service

Within the U.S. and Canada:800-882-8880 or your elite reservation number, Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 7 p.m. (CT)

Outside the U.S. and Canada see here.
Print Wikipost

Missing miles: how long to post, what to do etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2014, 12:23 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP
Originally Posted by BlueDuke
For me, the return leg of AA-booked, US-metal flights invariably never posts and must be requested after 15 days.
Oh boy. Hope that's a random and not systematic error.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 6:55 am

Okay here's my data point.

Flew AA / US mixed itinerary (AA outbound, US inbound). Ticket purchased on AA.com. AA miles posted <12 hours. US miles posted right around 48 hours. So that is not too bad, I'm glad it wasn't like others have said -- have to wait 15 days and call in. That would have been a bummer because these are the miles that put me over 100K.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 7:35 am
Suspended

Programs: Avios - M&M - Senator - FLYBLU
Originally Posted by riastradh
Oh boy. Hope that's a random and not systematic error.
US airways flights never post automatically to Aadvantage. Systemic error.
Welcome to mating of a mule with a racehorse, as I once saw someone describe the merger. If they can not get that straight, what other "surprises" are out there. By the way, how long did it take for UA and CO to allow transfer of miles between each other and eventually account consolidation ? < 1 year . US/AA > 2 years
Old Dec 16, 2014, 7:36 am

I booked an award ticket on US Air to Dublin using AA miles, had a missed connection in Philly, was rebooked on BA through LHR, ticket showed Y. I wonder if there is any chance of getting miles?
Old Dec 16, 2014, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Normally my US flights post to AAdvantage within a day or two. As of this morning, I am still waiting for four flights to post from last Thursday and four from Sunday. All on US ticket stock, all with AA # showing on the BPs..
Old Dec 16, 2014, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by BlueSmurf
US airways flights never post automatically to Aadvantage. Systemic error.
Welcome to mating of a mule with a racehorse, as I once saw someone describe the merger. If they can not get that straight, what other "surprises" are out there. By the way, how long did it take for UA and CO to allow transfer of miles between each other and eventually account consolidation ? < 1 year . US/AA > 2 years
Actually they just did for me. It took 48 hours. But yes looking at the posts it ranges from 36 hours to never.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 9:12 am

Last edited by Geauxtigers; Aug 14, 2016 at 11:06 pm
Old Dec 16, 2014, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Time for miles to post?

Couldn't find a better thread...any recent experiences on how long it takes for a missing BA mileage request to post? TIA.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 3:21 pm

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Couldn't find a better thread...any recent experiences on how long it takes for a missing BA mileage request to post? TIA.
While not BA, it's taken 11 days, 1 e-mail, & 1 13 min phone call this morning to get missing mileage (a whole 306 miles, btw) for a US flight that was booked on the AA side, w/my AA# which was printed on the BP which was scanned @ the gate by the GA
Old Dec 16, 2014, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by txrus
While not BA, it's taken 11 days, 1 e-mail, & 1 13 min phone call this morning to get missing mileage (a whole 306 miles, btw) for a US flight that was booked on the AA side, w/my AA# which was printed on the BP which was scanned @ the gate by the GA
Thanks. I need the flight to up-qualify for EXP! And as of Thu flights I'm over 100k EQP and ready to book fee-free award tix
Old Dec 19, 2014, 6:48 pm

Programs: status free since 2017
Bump....

what's the latest lead time for posting BA flights to AA a/c? Hoping to clear my EXP status before turn of the year.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by carsnoceans
Bump....

what's the latest lead time for posting BA flights to AA a/c? Hoping to clear my EXP status before turn of the year.
I just flew BA on 12/17, LHR - VIE. Had the miles appear 12/18 overnight into 12/19 although they posted according to the flight date of 12/17. Roughly ~48 or so from flight to posting.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by DylanOakes
I just flew BA on 12/17, LHR - VIE. Had the miles appear 12/18 overnight into 12/19 although they posted according to the flight date of 12/17. Roughly ~48 or so from flight to posting.
Its been over 2 weeks for me. Do I call AA or BAEC to resolve the issue?
Old Dec 20, 2014, 12:18 am

Originally Posted by carsnoceans
Its been over 2 weeks for me. Do I call AA or BAEC to resolve the issue?
This is outside of my area of expertise, someone please do correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you need to contact BA as they send the appropriate info to AA in terms of crediting the miles.

Secondly, I believe flights are credited based on the day flown not the day the miles post. So as long as the flight originates on 12/31 or prior you get credit for 2014 even if the miles post early January for some reason.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 1:48 am

AA miles not posting from BA flights

I flew BA early Dec this was gonna be a part my exp qualification however I am still waiting on the miles to post while my status is PLT.

These were revenue tix purchased in class T (ba's premium econ) and some of the sectors upgraded via avios. After the upgrade, booking code changed on the tickets (U) and for some reason AA is not able post miles for those segements. It is thinking of them as award segments. When I spoke to BA, they said AA needs to process this and I have already made a request with AA on phone and online over two weeks ago but no change. How do I get AA to see these as revenue tickets?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.