Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Missing miles: how long to post, what to do etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 5, 2015, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
"I'm missing miles from _____." "How long does it take for my miles from ____ to post?" Etc.
Note: AA IT often carries out batch processes on the weekends. This could mean:
  • You might find your account miles, etc. with zero totals for a few hours over the weekend.

• Partner miles earned near the weekend might not post until the following weekend
Some partner miles might take longer than it would for AA flights. It is always advised to try to assure your AA Frequent Flyer Number is on your boarding passes, and we always advise retaining your boarding passes (or take screen shots of e-boarding passes) until your instruments have all posted.

If you flew on a partner airline, be sure of your earning rates; see here to verify if you were eligible to earn miles, and to see if they were Elite Qualifying or merely Redeemable miles. Also see: this link to the missing miles claim form.

Dear JDiver,

Thanks for visiting AA.com. This email confirms that your AAdvantage(R) mileage credit request for your itinerary has been received as follows:

Passenger(s) :

Ticket Number : 001-1234567890

Code:
Airline	Flight Date	Flight	Origin	Destination	Cabin
 American Airlines	2015-08-08	1234	AAA	BB 	First
We will verify your flight information and post the eligible miles to your account. If you check your account balance via AA.com®, please allow up to 10 days for AA flights and 30 days for partner airline flights to appear in your account.

If you have any immediate concerns regarding your account, please contact AAdvantage Customer Service.

You can now access your travel information wherever you are with the new mobile version of AA.com.

AA.com
American Airlines

See the AAdvantage FAQs:

3. Earning Miles

Q: How do I receive mileage credit?
A: Remember to include your AAdvantage number when you book or shop with AAdvantage partners. You should keep your receipts and boarding passes until you see the credit on aa.com/myaccount. If credit does not appear, you can request missing flight miles. For non-airline missing miles, visit our missing mileage credit page for a list of partner contacts.

Q: Can I earn miles for someone else's activity or earn credit in more than one loyalty program?
A: Only the person who flies, stays or rents earns miles. For example, even if you paid for your son's ticket, your son would earn the miles. And you can only earn credit in one loyalty program at a time.
FAQ

Q. What do I do if a flight hasn’t posted?

If it has been longer than two days, you can fill out the missing miles form online here. (Requires your AA FFN and ticket number.) Partner airlines may require a longer wait time.

But, some airlines have known issues with certain eligible fares posting. See

AY / Finnair “ineligible” flights for AAdvantage mileage accrual glitch

and

Earning AA AAdvantage Miles on CX / Cathay (including Upgrade Issues)

Q. What can I do for non-flight partner miles that haven’t posted?

See this AA guide with links here.

Alternatively, contact AAdvantage Customer Service

Within the U.S. and Canada:800-882-8880 or your elite reservation number, Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 7 p.m. (CT)

Outside the U.S. and Canada see here.
Print Wikipost

Missing miles: how long to post, what to do etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2014, 7:38 pm

Programs: AA executive platinum, United premier gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold
How long is it taking for US airways flights to post

On the threshold of EXP as will hit exactly 100 segs on Dec 28th (EQM will only be 94,000) Flew on Dec. 8th and 9th with mixed itineraries of AA/ US . As per usual, the AA flights posted that evening or the next day. My US segments in the past have posted within 2 days. None of the 3 segments on US have posted so far. What are other peoples experiences. Requesting credit on line doesn't work as you have wait 2 weeks post flight. I would like to get this resolved prior to my last flights and ensure that I requalify. Advice/suggestions?
Old Dec 13, 2014, 7:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by fleur_de_lys
On the threshold of EXP as will hit exactly 100 segs on Dec 28th (EQM will only be 94,000) Flew on Dec. 8th and 9th with mixed itineraries of AA/ US . As per usual, the AA flights posted that evening or the next day. My US segments in the past have posted within 2 days. None of the 3 segments on US have posted so far. What are other peoples experiences. Requesting credit on line doesn't work as you have wait 2 weeks post flight. I would like to get this resolved prior to my last flights and ensure that I requalify. Advice/suggestions?
I flew US on the 8th and the miles/segments posted on the 11th on my AA account. My flight on the 10th posted today.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
US flights on US-only itineraries have been posting in 3-4 days for me. I am short one segment (an AA flight on an 037 ticket issued through Priceline, where my 500-miler upgrade cleared) and had to submit a request after two weeks. It's been almost the full ten days that they ask for to respond, and nothing yet. I'm hoping the fact that they took two 500s out for the upgrade will make it easier for them to see I'm not making something up.

Fortunately, I'm ending up the year with 101 segments, so if it doesn't post, I'm only out 1224 miles.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 8:29 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by fleur_de_lys
It actually doesn't matter; the date you fly will be the date used for status, etc. purposes, not the posting date. You'll re qualify if you fly, regardless of posting date or how long it takes. Retain your ticket numbers and boarding passes.

Now, as mentioned in the top of page Announcement, AA and US continue operating as separate airlines in most regards, so we'll move this to the proper forum.

/Moderator
Old Dec 13, 2014, 11:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Starwood Plat
I've flown US segments as part of mixed AA/US itineraries on Dec. 1, Dec. 8, and Dec. 11 and none of these has credited to my account yet.

Looks like I'll be putting it for a lot of retro credit.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 4:39 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
I had a couple of AA codeshares on US flight numbers where i had made changes that didn't post. Waited the requisite two weeks and submiitted credit request. Waited the suggested 30 days afer that and still nothing. Then a followup email to AA CS and they posted 2-3 days later.

Agree plain US flights post in 2-3 days.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 7:02 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
2 days, on average.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 8:17 am

Programs: AA P-Pro, Chase SP, SPG Gold
On my two AA/US mixed itineraries, I have had to request the US portion both times after the 15 days.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 8:28 am

Programs: AA EXP - MR Plat - HH Gold
I had MIA-IAH on AA and then IAH-MIA on AA code-share operated by US. The inbound flight, which was the one operated by US, did not post at all. I don't know what I did with my stub so I just waited for about a week and then called customer support. They were able to see that I was indeed on that flight and posted the flight to my account right away.

Is the problem/delay only with code-shared flights only then?
Old Dec 14, 2014, 8:30 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
I had 2 US metal flights on different days this past week and they both posted to my AA account within 36 hours.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 2:18 am

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Originally Posted by onesocalkid
On my two AA/US mixed itineraries, I have had to request the US portion both times after the 15 days.
Mine haven't posted after nearly a week. So maybe the problem hits when you have a US flight on an AA ticket number?

Can't make my mind up whether the systems merger can't come soon enough, or whether this is a preview of the CO/UA-style chaos we are in for when that happens.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 8:53 am

Programs: AA executive platinum, United premier gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold
Just a followup to my original post. Called Advantage customer service this morning. Gave the agent the date of the flights and the record locator and she was to post them instantly and my updated account shows the segments/flights. The missing segments were on a mixed itinerary AA/US, purchased on AA website and all segments were AA coded flights although the missing segments were the ones operated by US air. These were flights on Dec 8th and 9th so less than the suggested 2 week waiting period. I wanted to get this done prior to the year ending and the Advantage customer service was very helpful.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 9:39 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
I had 2 US metal flights on different days this past week and they both posted to my AA account within 36 hours.
Originally Posted by Passmethesickbag
Mine haven't posted after nearly a week. So maybe the problem hits when you have a US flight on an AA ticket number?

Can't make my mind up whether the systems merger can't come soon enough, or whether this is a preview of the CO/UA-style chaos we are in for when that happens.
My flights were AA ticket stock on US metal. So that might not be the issue with your miles.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 12:15 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP
It's been 36+ hours since I've returned on a mixed AA/US itinerary. The outbound segments were on AA and posted within 12 hours. The return was US. I did purchase the tickets on AA.com. I hope it doesn't take weeks like some have said, since the return miles will put me above 100K for the first time. Waiting anxiously... but okay as long as it posts before I fly again on the 27th.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 12:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP
For me, the return leg of AA-booked, US-metal flights invariably never posts and must be requested after 15 days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.