Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Missing miles: how long to post, what to do etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 5, 2015, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
"I'm missing miles from _____." "How long does it take for my miles from ____ to post?" Etc.
Note: AA IT often carries out batch processes on the weekends. This could mean:
  • You might find your account miles, etc. with zero totals for a few hours over the weekend.

• Partner miles earned near the weekend might not post until the following weekend
Some partner miles might take longer than it would for AA flights. It is always advised to try to assure your AA Frequent Flyer Number is on your boarding passes, and we always advise retaining your boarding passes (or take screen shots of e-boarding passes) until your instruments have all posted.

If you flew on a partner airline, be sure of your earning rates; see here to verify if you were eligible to earn miles, and to see if they were Elite Qualifying or merely Redeemable miles. Also see: this link to the missing miles claim form.

Dear JDiver,

Thanks for visiting AA.com. This email confirms that your AAdvantage(R) mileage credit request for your itinerary has been received as follows:

Passenger(s) :

Ticket Number : 001-1234567890

Code:
Airline	Flight Date	Flight	Origin	Destination	Cabin
 American Airlines	2015-08-08	1234	AAA	BB 	First
We will verify your flight information and post the eligible miles to your account. If you check your account balance via AA.com®, please allow up to 10 days for AA flights and 30 days for partner airline flights to appear in your account.

If you have any immediate concerns regarding your account, please contact AAdvantage Customer Service.

You can now access your travel information wherever you are with the new mobile version of AA.com.

AA.com
American Airlines

See the AAdvantage FAQs:

3. Earning Miles

Q: How do I receive mileage credit?
A: Remember to include your AAdvantage number when you book or shop with AAdvantage partners. You should keep your receipts and boarding passes until you see the credit on aa.com/myaccount. If credit does not appear, you can request missing flight miles. For non-airline missing miles, visit our missing mileage credit page for a list of partner contacts.

Q: Can I earn miles for someone else's activity or earn credit in more than one loyalty program?
A: Only the person who flies, stays or rents earns miles. For example, even if you paid for your son's ticket, your son would earn the miles. And you can only earn credit in one loyalty program at a time.
FAQ

Q. What do I do if a flight hasn’t posted?

If it has been longer than two days, you can fill out the missing miles form online here. (Requires your AA FFN and ticket number.) Partner airlines may require a longer wait time.

But, some airlines have known issues with certain eligible fares posting. See

AY / Finnair “ineligible” flights for AAdvantage mileage accrual glitch

and

Earning AA AAdvantage Miles on CX / Cathay (including Upgrade Issues)

Q. What can I do for non-flight partner miles that haven’t posted?

See this AA guide with links here.

Alternatively, contact AAdvantage Customer Service

Within the U.S. and Canada:800-882-8880 or your elite reservation number, Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 7 p.m. (CT)

Outside the U.S. and Canada see here.
Print Wikipost

Missing miles: how long to post, what to do etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2015, 3:17 am

Programs: AAdvantage Former EXP/Current PLT / Total Rewards - Diamond / Hilton HHonors - Gold
Very weird. That seems to fall squarely between Europe and the U.S.

I'd try tweeting @AmericanAir to escalate. They might have a better plan for requesting the credit and/or be able to escalate. Or try AAdvantage customer service during their normal US business hours. That flight should earn at 100% EQM.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 9:38 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Very frustrating indeed to have these strung out I was hoping to upgrade my return Hawaii trip with swu but looks like all space will be gone before they credit my miles and deposit my swu ���� economy for 17hrs ain't so bad ���� but seriously 30 days is a long time... Lets hope this is not a sign of the times to come!
Old Oct 14, 2015, 3:23 pm
Suspended

Slow posting of miles ?

Not sure if this is related to the upcoming 10/17 switchover big day, but I've flown AA Eagle + US mainline on Monday, and they still haven't posted.

Previously AA posts really fast (like literally next morning). Anyone else experiencing this ? Mine was Apple Passbook boarding pass so I don't have a paper copy to mail-in in case of missing miles.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 4:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Hilton Diamond, Marriott GLD, Admiral Club
Originally Posted by LGA319
Not sure if this is related to the upcoming 10/17 switchover big day, but I've flown AA Eagle + US mainline on Monday, and they still haven't posted.

Previously AA posts really fast (like literally next morning). Anyone else experiencing this ? Mine was Apple Passbook boarding pass so I don't have a paper copy to mail-in in case of missing miles.
Been experiencing this the past couple of weeks as well. Submitted a Missing Mileage request yesterday (15 days had passed) for a US flight and was deposited today. You just need to have your ticket number, date of travel and city pair.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 6:15 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Marriott Gold
Took 6 days to post my miles to LHR (about two weeks ago); although some were on BA, the AA leg took longer to post than normal.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 6:57 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
This is really frustrating! In the years I have been with AA I have never had so many flights lagg!!! Now I am at 35 days for one flight and 5 days for another. Both or either of the flights to advance my tier since only short 600miles but no love on either posting I wonder why the sudden change.

I was hoping that miles would post so I could upgrade my Hawaii and TATL but no luck
Old Oct 19, 2015, 4:03 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
Have a couple flights on 10/15 and 10/16 that haven't posted yet. One was on AA and the other on US. Will keep an eye on it but I assume it is delayed because of the changeover.
Old Nov 7, 2015, 10:51 am

Programs: AA PLT PRO, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plt. Premier
Anyone have miles posted from trips on 11-6 yet ?

Usually my miles/points are posted by the time I wake up Sat. morning nothing posted yet, flights all finished early. Anyone have anything posted from 11-6 yet ?
Old Nov 7, 2015, 11:25 am

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
My flight FRA-PHL posted but PHL to PVD has not . I would guess that the second leg missed some sort of cutoff since it was a late evening flight.
Old Nov 7, 2015, 12:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K
My redeye landed 6:15 am Friday . Miles (and EXP status gain) posted this morning .
Old Nov 7, 2015, 6:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP (3.5MM), UA Premier, Hertz President's Circle, Marriott
Outbound flights segments in October did not post

I just checked my "November" statement and discovered that only HALF of my AA/US domestic trips posted - that has never happened before. In every case it was the OUTBOUND segment that did not post. I strongly recommend that everyone audit their trips.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 4:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1k, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, X Elite+
Originally Posted by DaveInSFV
I just checked my "November" statement and discovered that only HALF of my AA/US domestic trips posted - that has never happened before. In every case it was the OUTBOUND segment that did not post. I strongly recommend that everyone audit their trips.
You might want to check to see if, like me, your miles points and segments are accurate, but they are only missing from the line item detail. Not much less concerning, but a good indication that something was recorded...
Old Nov 9, 2015, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

one fight from 11/6 posted, another flight from 11/6 hasn't posted 3 days later

Originally Posted by dgparent
Usually my miles/points are posted by the time I wake up Sat. morning nothing posted yet, flights all finished early. Anyone have anything posted from 11-6 yet ?
That post was 2 days ago. Did they post yet as of this morning?

I had an LAX-DFW and a DFW-onward (Envoy Eagle) flight on 11/6, and a matching return 11/8. Both flights from 11/8 posted this morning, and the DFW-onward flight from 11/6 posted, but the LAX-DFW flight from 11/6 still hasn't posted.

Curiously, that 11/6 LAX-DFW flight was upgraded with 3 500-mile "stickers", and those do show as pulled 11/6, but show as a pull of 1 plus a separate pull of 2.

So AA knows I was on that flight because they pulled the 500-mile "stickers", and yet the flight itself hasn't posted yet.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 4:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, Priority Club Plat since 1984
How sad and nostalgic. The final points on my final USAir flight cleared yesterday.

As in the past, after waiting 14 days I filled out the on line form. I received a confirmation of the request about 24 hours later and a total of maybe 72 hours later the miles cleared.

Let's say 3 or 4 times since the merger.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 7:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Had missing miles from a DFW-SFO Segment. AA insisted I wasn't on flight manifest. All I had was my baggage claim tag. Was a miracle I had it. Emailed picture, took 11 days to post.

"Thanks for your response.

I have posted the activity you requested. You may view this adjustment
online when you login to your AAdvantage account.

Let me also say thank you for being one of our AAdvantage elite members.
You mean a lot to us!"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.