Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Missing miles: how long to post, what to do etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 5, 2015, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
"I'm missing miles from _____." "How long does it take for my miles from ____ to post?" Etc.
Note: AA IT often carries out batch processes on the weekends. This could mean:
  • You might find your account miles, etc. with zero totals for a few hours over the weekend.

• Partner miles earned near the weekend might not post until the following weekend
Some partner miles might take longer than it would for AA flights. It is always advised to try to assure your AA Frequent Flyer Number is on your boarding passes, and we always advise retaining your boarding passes (or take screen shots of e-boarding passes) until your instruments have all posted.

If you flew on a partner airline, be sure of your earning rates; see here to verify if you were eligible to earn miles, and to see if they were Elite Qualifying or merely Redeemable miles. Also see: this link to the missing miles claim form.

Dear JDiver,

Thanks for visiting AA.com. This email confirms that your AAdvantage(R) mileage credit request for your itinerary has been received as follows:

Passenger(s) :

Ticket Number : 001-1234567890

Code:
Airline	Flight Date	Flight	Origin	Destination	Cabin
 American Airlines	2015-08-08	1234	AAA	BB 	First
We will verify your flight information and post the eligible miles to your account. If you check your account balance via AA.com®, please allow up to 10 days for AA flights and 30 days for partner airline flights to appear in your account.

If you have any immediate concerns regarding your account, please contact AAdvantage Customer Service.

You can now access your travel information wherever you are with the new mobile version of AA.com.

AA.com
American Airlines

See the AAdvantage FAQs:

3. Earning Miles

Q: How do I receive mileage credit?
A: Remember to include your AAdvantage number when you book or shop with AAdvantage partners. You should keep your receipts and boarding passes until you see the credit on aa.com/myaccount. If credit does not appear, you can request missing flight miles. For non-airline missing miles, visit our missing mileage credit page for a list of partner contacts.

Q: Can I earn miles for someone else's activity or earn credit in more than one loyalty program?
A: Only the person who flies, stays or rents earns miles. For example, even if you paid for your son's ticket, your son would earn the miles. And you can only earn credit in one loyalty program at a time.
FAQ

Q. What do I do if a flight hasn’t posted?

If it has been longer than two days, you can fill out the missing miles form online here. (Requires your AA FFN and ticket number.) Partner airlines may require a longer wait time.

But, some airlines have known issues with certain eligible fares posting. See

AY / Finnair “ineligible” flights for AAdvantage mileage accrual glitch

and

Earning AA AAdvantage Miles on CX / Cathay (including Upgrade Issues)

Q. What can I do for non-flight partner miles that haven’t posted?

See this AA guide with links here.

Alternatively, contact AAdvantage Customer Service

Within the U.S. and Canada:800-882-8880 or your elite reservation number, Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 7 p.m. (CT)

Outside the U.S. and Canada see here.
Print Wikipost

Missing miles: how long to post, what to do etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2014, 10:55 am

How long does it take for US Airways flights to post?

Took a flight PHL - SFO last week on US metal in paid F . It was a US flight number on the ticket and bought from US. Had my AAdvantage number on the ticket and boarding pass.

After one week, still no posting to my AAdvantage account. Anyone know how long this typically takes? Thanx
Old Sep 14, 2014, 11:02 am

Programs: AA GLD, AC
In my recent experience, it's taken about three days - the same as for other AA partner flights. I'd suggest calling the AAdvantage service center tomorrow and asking them to give you credit. If they're feeling motivated, they can give you credit for those miles pretty much instantly - faster than sending the request in electronically and waiting for someone to look at it.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 11:55 am

Many thanx for quick reply. Appreciated.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 1:19 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Been discussed quite a bit. Mine are taking 3-5 business days to post. But I've also seen it take a bit longer.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA/US/BA
To tag along here -- I see the typical 3 to 5 days depending on if any weekends are involved.

However, I had a weird situation where they thought I skipped the 2nd flight of a 4 segment round trip. They had upgraded me to first class at the last second and my reservation was "out of sync". I had to call in to be able to check in on my way home.

Now that one segment hasn't posted up, and it's been over a month. I did the claim form but AA social media keeps saying to wait... I'm guessing I'm going to have to call US Airways to get credit for the segment.

Anyone experienced anything like this?
Old Sep 16, 2014, 6:58 pm

OK, everybody. My miles posted, with appropriate bonuses, 7 days after the flight---included 2 weekend days. I'm survivin'. Life could be worse. Thanks for the replies.

BTW: I'm at 170 eqp for the year and this is a rare fight on AA for me (since May)---taken mainly for convenience as the last departure from PHL - SFO for the day (something I had to have).

Regardless, I wish they'd rekindle that ELT thing again. I've made 1K on UA and Diamond will come on DL next month, for my trifecta. I'd rather pile up miles on AA though.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 10:10 pm

Programs: AA, Marriott, Hilton
this past Monday flight (CLT to LGA) on usair metal, AAdvantage miles posted next day for me (ticket purchased on AA)

however, when I booked Alaska metal flight (SEA-SAN) for a July flight, it never posted after 30 days (check-in kiosk offered me a paid upgrade - which I accepted) and had to request the AAdvantage miles on website (original ticket also purchased on AA)
Old Sep 20, 2014, 8:57 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Still waiting for AA credit on two separate US itins from August... filed electronic thing, still waiting.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 6:15 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
Originally Posted by born sleepy
Still waiting for AA credit on two separate US itins from August... filed electronic thing, still waiting.
Same here... 2 segments from 8/12 and one from 8/13. Am now on round 2 w/ AAdvantage who is (apparently?!?) attempting to coordinate with US. Have provided BPs for all flights (every BP has my AAdvantage # on it) and still waiting. Wondering exactly how hard it is for an airline to verify / validate that my rear rend was sitting in those seats on those days?? Ridiculous.

Edit to add that I have had miles from US flights post in 24 hours too... not very consistent.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 2:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
How long for BA flight to post?

Its coming up to 2 weeks now, and my BA flight has still yet to post !

AA# on res. AA# on BP. Although initially without status and then BA agent forced the Sapphire status onto the BP. Can they do that?

But still no miles.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 3:59 am

Programs: BA GGL, AA PLT, VS-curious
Mine usually post quite quickly, within a day or two. At any point did you look at this flight while logged in on a BAEC number? Or use the BA app? I've had a problem with miles posting to the BAEC account, despite having used my AA number. As someone else worded it, the BA number can be 'sticky' and override whatever other number you used.

AA's website says to wait 15 days, so if you don't see them by tomorrow I'd call the aadvantage helpline. You'll likely need your boarding pass stubs as they sometimes want proof of which FF account number you used.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 11:35 am

Programs: AA GLD, AC
Assuming the fare class is eligible to earn miles (which is generally the case for transatlantic flights, could vary if this was a European or domestic UK flight), it shouldn't take more than three days or so. I'd actually call AAdvantage's service desk today and ask them what's up.

In my experience, a phone agent can pull up your itinerary, see you were on the flight, and then do something in the system that makes the credit show up online within an hour or so. They've done that for me when LAN or TAM flights haven't cleared.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 7:16 am

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
My BA flight on SEP 16 did not post. after 15 days I filled out the online form, and got an immediate online acknowledgement.

Today I received an email from AA saying they are looking in to it, and it could be (up to) another 30 days.

maybe I should have called.

BTW the return flight on BA, a week later, posted after 4 days or so.

These were BA tickets on BA metal.

In the past, when I have flown BA metal on an AA ticket, they have posted after 1-3 days.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 9:05 am

Programs: AAdvantage (since 1987) PLAT. USAir Dividend, AF Flying Blue.
I flew Nice-London-Cairo and back in April and it showed up onmy AA account within 4 days.

But : I noticed that since recently, my BA reservations show up on my BA account automaticaly as soon as I put my passport number or cell phone. It stills show my AA Aadvantage number but this makes me feel nervous, as I bought them loged out of course.
They now have "something" that links any reservation on their planes to your BAEC account whatever you tried not to link them.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 12:09 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AA PLT, VS-curious
Originally Posted by nachosdelux
Today I received an email from AA saying they are looking in to it, and it could be (up to) another 30 days.

maybe I should have called.
I got that email, and a verbal warning from both AA and BA. Miles still posted pretty quickly once all parties had proof of where I wanted them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.