FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   FJ / Fiji Airways (ex-Air Pacific) and AA, miles, awards, etc. (consolidated) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1436326-fj-fiji-airways-ex-air-pacific-aa-miles-awards-etc-consolidated.html)

236Dakota Nov 30, 2015 7:12 pm

Last week we booked (x2):
xxx-lax-nan
nan-chc
chc-nan-lax-xxx
All in business��
Life is good!

BallardFlyer Dec 15, 2015 10:27 pm

Does anyone have a recent feel for if you cancel an FJ award if they drop back to award partner inventory right away (ala Qantas)?

Animgif Dec 15, 2015 10:28 pm

I just cancelled and rebooked 4 awards with them. 3 came back immediately. 1 took 24ish hours. None were ticketed; all were on hold.

BallardFlyer Dec 15, 2015 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by Animgif (Post 25871174)
I just cancelled and rebooked 4 awards with them. 3 came back immediately. 1 took 24ish hours. None were ticketed; all were on hold.

Thank you for the fast response and positive information!

BallardFlyer Dec 15, 2015 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by BallardFlyer (Post 25871196)
Thank you for the fast response and positive information!

I was able to get mine back immediately as well. Gotta love the simple and isntant inventory/rev mgmt

Animgif Dec 16, 2015 5:05 am

Originally Posted by BallardFlyer (Post 25871285)
I was able to get mine back immediately as well. Gotta love the simple and isntant inventory/rev mgmt

Glad to hear it worked out for you!

kingstontoon Dec 16, 2015 5:40 am

Anyone else been hit by recent FJ schedule changes, which have taken a load of flights out of the timetable? I had booked (all in biz) HKG-ADL-MEL-AKL-NAN, with the HKG-ADL and MEL-AKL flights being overnight. The plan was to arrive into NAN around 10:00, get some decent sleep during the day, then onwards on a paid ticket overnight NAN-CXI. However, the early AKL-NAN has been removed, and I've been changed onto the afternoon flight 7 hours later. This leaves me facing the prospect of 3 consecutive overnight flights with no sleep in a bed inbetween.

I haven't called AA yet as I'm trying to find decent alternatives but I know (from weeks of earlier searching) that there won't be any business class availability on any other FJ flights from Australia or New Zealand to Fiji. I also suspect the flight I've been moved to AKL-NAN is only going to be in Y as there was no biz availability on this before.

Any idea of a strategy? Can I request AA force some biz award availability on a different flight getting me in closer to my original arrival time?

honu Dec 17, 2015 5:20 am

Originally Posted by BallardFlyer (Post 25871172)
Does anyone have a recent feel for if you cancel an FJ award if they drop back to award partner inventory right away (ala Qantas)?

My experience (from about 15 months ago) was that none of the seats we had on hold went back to inventory. Unfortunately it was an emergency last minute booking, and we had to change dates twice. Both times the seats didn't come back (I felt so bad about it). FWIW it was northern summer, which might be a busier time than now.

JDiver Dec 17, 2015 8:56 am

Originally Posted by kingstontoon (Post 25872280)
Anyone else been hit by recent FJ schedule changes, which have taken a load of flights out of the timetable? I had booked (all in biz) HKG-ADL-MEL-AKL-NAN, with the HKG-ADL and MEL-AKL flights being overnight. The plan was to arrive into NAN around 10:00, get some decent sleep during the day, then onwards on a paid ticket overnight NAN-CXI. However, the early AKL-NAN has been removed, and I've been changed onto the afternoon flight 7 hours later. This leaves me facing the prospect of 3 consecutive overnight flights with no sleep in a bed inbetween.

I haven't called AA yet as I'm trying to find decent alternatives but I know (from weeks of earlier searching) that there won't be any business class availability on any other FJ flights from Australia or New Zealand to Fiji. I also suspect the flight I've been moved to AKL-NAN is only going to be in Y as there was no biz availability on this before.

Any idea of a strategy? Can I request AA force some biz award availability on a different flight getting me in closer to my original arrival time?

It's not within the abilities of AA to force an award on a partner airline. The best AA can do is to request an award change through their respective liaisons.

DaveInSFV Dec 17, 2015 8:18 pm

Fiji Air - Reward travel in J was great

We were on award ticket ten days ago in J to NAN and SYD. What a pleasant surprise. The plane was great, wow - the smiles on the flight attendants - great food, very comfortable even though not 180 lie flat. I have flown in F on Cathay many times, so I know what a great flight is, Fiji was much better than I expected. Just FYI for all of you trying to get award seats.

Journey4Happy Dec 21, 2015 4:31 pm

Hey, what kind of fees should I be prepared to pay for a US-LAX-NAN-AKL one-way flight in J on FJ?

236Dakota Dec 21, 2015 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by Journey4Happy (Post 25898987)
Hey, what kind of fees should I be prepared to pay for a US-LAX-NAN-AKL one-way flight in J on FJ?

$166 each for Business Class to CHC (3 one way tickets to accommodate our stopover in Fiji)

Journey4Happy Dec 22, 2015 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by 236Dakota (Post 25899519)
$166 each for Business Class to CHC (3 one way tickets to accommodate our stopover in Fiji)

Yeah, they're charging me $128.80 just one way from US to AKL (via FIJI). I think they are trying to charge me the $90+ Fiji airport departure tax. I'm trying to research if they're supposed to or not.

SFOPhD Dec 23, 2015 10:36 am

NAN-SFO

http://airlineroute.net/2015/12/23/fj-sfo-jun16/

"16JUN16 to 14AUG16, with Airbus A330-200 aircraft.

FJ870 NAN2100 – 1230SFO 332 47
FJ871 SFO2300 – 0500+2NAN 332 47"

New redemption possibility, but I'm not sure when/if award availability will load.

mec72 Dec 29, 2015 5:27 am

I'm trying to book HKG-NAN on FJ but there seems to be an error (I'm checking availability on alaskaair.com -there is plenty for LAX-NAN but an error when I try to search for HKG).

Are all FJ flights bookable with AA miles or just those which are code-shared with AA (like LAX, HNL, etc.)?